Watauga County Board of Elections Meeting

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbPBJtfaejI]Watauga County Board of Elections Meeting p.1 - YouTube[/ame]

Watauga moves quickly to suppress App State voting | The Asheville Citizen-Times | citizen-times.com

“With this new law, we have every political precinct open a week before election, which has equal access, and the exact number of hours of open precincts will be available now as they were in the last presidential election,” McCrory said during an interview on WUNC (McCrory On WUNC: ?Our Right To Vote Deserves Protection? | WUNC).

In a contentious meeting Monday, the new GOP majority on the Watauga elections board voted over the objection of the board’s lone Democrat to eliminate early voting at the Appalachian State student union.

The Watauga board also voted 2-1 Monday to combine the three Boone voting precincts into one, eliminating an election day polling site on campus. More than 9,300 Boone residents will now be slated to cast ballots at a county building that only has about 35 parking spots.

“Why are they making it harder for students to vote?” said Sen. Josh Stein (D-Wake), who has been a vocal opponent of the new law. “Because young people tend to vote more Democratic than Republican. I think that’s disgraceful.”

This situation is just amazing. I am glad she's reaming them a new one. Idiots!

Forum List

Back