Washington Post's Amazing Admission About Gun Control

Looking forward to the next mass shooting in america, shouldn't be long.

You can always find a dissenting opinion.

This one is from a performer at the Vegas concert who used to think that there shouldn't be any gun control. Now? He thinks different..............

Country Stars React to Las Vegas Shooting: ‘I Cannot Express How Wrong I Was’

Country music artists and other performers expressed words of sympathy as well as frustration over gun violence on Monday as they mourned the mass shooting at a Las Vegas concert. One guitarist who played there said that the killings had changed his views on gun laws.

Some of these comments were politically striking, given that country music — which is widely popular across the nation — has a vocal fan base among gun owners. In 2010, the National Rifle Association started NRA Country to show “a softer side” of its organization. Its artist partners include some of the genre’s biggest stars, including Trace Adkins, Florida Georgia Line, Tyler Farr and Thomas Rhett.

The performer whose views had shifted — Caleb Keeter of the Josh Abbott Band, which was part of the weekend lineup in Las Vegas — said on Twitter on Monday that he had been “a proponent of the Second Amendment my entire life.”

He added, “Until the events of last night. I cannot express how wrong I was.”

Mr. Keeter, a guitarist, said that members of the band legally had firearms on the bus, but refrained from using them for fear the police would mistakenly think they were part of the attack.

“We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.” Mr. Keeter wrote. “My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threaten
ed by it.”

This one is from a performer at the Vegas concert who used to think that there shouldn't be any gun control. Now? He thinks different..............

Country music artists and other performers expressed words of sympathy as well as frustration over gun violence on Monday as they mourned the mass shooting at a Las Vegas concert. One guitarist who played there said that the killings had changed his views on gun laws.

Some of these comments were politically striking, given that country music — which is widely popular across the nation — has a vocal fan base among gun owners. In 2010, the National Rifle Association started NRA Country to show “a softer side” of its organization. Its artist partners include some of the genre’s biggest stars, including Trace Adkins, Florida Georgia Line, Tyler Farr and Thomas Rhett.

The performer whose views had shifted — Caleb Keeter of the Josh Abbott Band, which was part of the weekend lineup in Las Vegas — said on Twitter on Monday that he had been “a proponent of the Second Amendment my entire life.”

Mr. Keeter, a guitarist, said that members of the band legally had firearms on the bus, but refrained from using them for fear the police would mistakenly think they were part of the attack.

“We need gun control RIGHT. NOW.” Mr. Keeter wrote. “My biggest regret is that I stubbornly didn’t realize it until my brothers on the road and myself were threaten
ed by it.”

Yeah.....he said he opposes carrying a gun because they couldn't engage a guy 32 floors up with a pistol......they neglected to post that piece of wisdom in your quote.....

He isn't a real thinker.........the people at the Pulse Night club attack could have used handguns to stop that killer.....

ed by it.”

Yeah.....he said he opposes carrying a gun because they couldn't engage a guy 32 floors up with a pistol......they neglected to post that piece of wisdom in your quote.....

He isn't a real thinker.........the people at the Pulse Night club attack could have used handguns to stop that killer.....

Captain Obvious says: using outlier edge cases as the basis for public policy is a very bad idea.

They said the unarmed sheep were trying desperately to get a gun from a cop (not stealing one, BEGGING), to defend themselves.

ed by it.”

So, you think that high powered military style rifles and bump stocks should be allowed? Even if you would be outgunned by someone else if they had them?

ed by it.”

So, you think that high powered military style rifles and bump stocks should be allowed? Even if you would be outgunned by someone else if they had them?

AR-15s are not military rifles. Bump stocks I could care less about....if the banners want them, they can give us something to get them. If someone else had them? Then why wouldn't I want one as well? For myself....semi auto fire is far more accurate.....as I have stated, he could have killed more people without the bump stock. And if a criminal wants a bump stock.....what would stop them from getting them?

Forum List

Back