Goalpost Shifting

The Derp

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2017
For 18 months, Conservatives denied Trump had any contact with Russia. Then, they said that contact with Russia is no big deal. Now they're saying so what if the GOP colluded with Russia?

So in the last 24 months, Conservatives have changed their position on Russian meddling twice.

But why were they denying contact between Trump/GOP and Russia from the start?

The STINK of Russian intervention hangs over the Trump presidency

For 18 months, Conservatives denied Trump had any contact with Russia. Then, they said that contact with Russia is no big deal. Now they're saying so what if the GOP colluded with Russia?

So in the last 24 months, Conservatives have changed their position on Russian meddling twice.

Can you believe they still use that "Russian Dressing" analogy?

I haven't changed my position. Show me the proof, convict him & put in another president.

Who gives a fuck what everyone says? If he did something illegal PROSECUTE HIM OR THEM.

Leftard

Perchance you can shift position and sit upon said goalpost?

Trump did nothing wrong and you hate that fact.

• Banned
I haven't changed my position. Show me the proof, convict him & put in another president.

What kind of proof would satisfy you? What would it take for you to accept it? Stop trying to move the goalposts.

• Banned
Perchance you can shift position and sit upon said goalpost?
Trump did nothing wrong and you hate that fact.

Trump did nothing wrong? But you all were saying for 18 months he had no contact with Russia. So if he did nothing wrong in having contact with Russia, why lie about it!?!?

What kind of proof would satisfy you? What would it take for you to accept it? Stop trying to move the goalposts.
You don't need to satisfy me. I am neither a prosecutor or judge.

I suspect you aren't either. Our OPINIONS are not relevant to LAW.

Who gives a fuck what everyone says? If he did something illegal PROSECUTE HIM OR THEM.

Leftard

Give it time....give it time

The Senate Committee is speaking right now. They say they are still investigating collusion

Far from a "nothing burger" it seems

Leftard

Give it time....give it time

The Senate Committee is speaking right now. They say they are still investigating collusion

Far from a "nothing burger" it seems
They have all the time they need. I don't control that shit. Nor do I have any opinion except Innocent until proven guilty.
That is the foundation of our criminal system.

Trump pushed Comey to state that he was not involved in the Russian election tampering
He fired Comey for refusing to say so

It seems after months of investigation, the Senate committee is unwilling to rule it out

You don't need to satisfy me. I am neither a prosecutor or judge..

So then there exists nothing, and you're going to just believe what you want, evidence and facts be damned. Got it.

I suspect you aren't either. Our OPINIONS are not relevant to LAW.

What would it take to change your opinion to one that Trump and the GOP colluded with Russia?

An indictment of criminality.

So merely an indictment would convince you that Trump colluded with Russia? Not a conviction, but just an indictment. Are you sure?
An indictment would cast doubt and a conviction would end the discussion.

You want to skip the indictment phase & proceed straight to the sentencing phase.

Very anti American

An indictment would cast doubt and a conviction would end the discussion.

So an indictment doesn't satisfy you that collusion occurred. So why did you say it was one post before, then move the goalposts in the very next post?

I think you're just making this shit up as you go.

Talking about moving the goal post , what's this 18 month crap ?

Forum List

Back