Washington Post Attacks ‘Dystopian Fiction’ Genre

I guess they're getting nervous people might discover that "Nineteen Eighty-Four" is the reference manual for that "fundamental change" the Democrats want to bring to America.

They've certainly got a good start on Newspeak, eh? And Two Minutes Hate every news broadcast?

Washington Post Attacks 'Dystopian Fiction' Genre - Big League Politics
You shouldn't be joking about that. Which party started with Alternative Facts the day after he was sworn in? Who routinely, without explanation or cause, calls the news media "liars?"
It is the Trump supporters who are using propaganda to a ridiculous degree. Morons, all of ya.

I guess they're getting nervous people might discover that "Nineteen Eighty-Four" is the reference manual for that "fundamental change" the Democrats want to bring to America.

They've certainly got a good start on Newspeak, eh? And Two Minutes Hate every news broadcast?

You shouldn't be joking about that. Which party started with Alternative Facts the day after he was sworn in? Who routinely, without explanation or cause, calls the news media "liars?"
It is the Trump supporters who are using propaganda to a ridiculous degree. Morons, all of ya.
He's never read it, and doesn't understand what it's about.

He is just repeating what a talking head told him to say about it.

I've read it several times, and the appendices.

Political correctness is Newspeak in practice.

American history is political correctness as it's taught.

Name calling is one of the first symptoms, Old Lady. Propaganda? I think about what I see and hear. Not perfect, but I know when one side or the other is trying to snow me.

Political speech is Newspeak; it was when Orwell wrote it in '49, and it hasn't really changed. What is missing from your understanding is that BOTH sides are equally guilty.

Name calling is one of the first symptoms, Old Lady. Propaganda? I think about what I see and hear. Not perfect, but I know when one side or the other is trying to snow me.
Then you are better off than Billy, who thinks what he is being fed is "truth."

I get quite wound up about this; it worries me a lot. No one should be so gullible.

Political speech is Newspeak; it was when Orwell wrote it in '49, and it hasn't really changed. What is missing from your understanding is that BOTH sides are equally guilty.

Newspeak enforces the destruction of words to make the expression of certain ideas impossible, since there are no words to express them.

Feel free to show where the right is involved in this.

Newspeak enforces the destruction of words to make the expression of certain ideas impossible, since there are no words to express them.

Are you going to argue that when the left objects to words like ni**er, it is a dangerous destruction of words? If we lose the bigotry that underlies words like those, are you going to cry?
Disgusting.

Are you going to argue that when the left objects to words like ni**er, it is a dangerous destruction of words?

Indeed. How is it not? Because an idea is offensive to someone does not merit its arbitrary destruction.

If we lose the bigotry that underlies words like those, are you going to cry?
Disgusting.

I have no such bigotry save against stupidity, which is as plentiful as hydrogen in the current United States.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

You people are afraid of everything.

Are you going to argue that when the left objects to words like ni**er, it is a dangerous destruction of words?

Indeed. How is it not? Because an idea is offensive to someone does not merit its arbitrary destruction.

Disgusting.

I have no such bigotry save against stupidity, which is as plentiful as hydrogen in the current United States.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

I steered us off topic. Sorry.
We use words to persuade. Trump has told you so many times that the mainstream (legitimate) media lies that you believe it with no proof. He told Leslie Stahl why he does it--so if the press reports something bad about him, people won't believe it.
So please don't pretend that it is the left presenting all the problems.

Disgusting.

I steered us off topic. Sorry.
We use words to persuade. Trump has told you so many times that the mainstream (legitimate) media lies that you believe it with no proof. He told Leslie Stahl why he does it--so if the press reports something bad about him, people won't believe it.
So please don't pretend that it is the left presenting all the problems.

I believe nothing presented by any media until I confirm it by my own research, unless common sense overwhelmingly supports it. That has always been my approach. Trump has nothing to do with it.

Even the Huffington Post here -

political correctness newspeak - Yahoo Search Results

I often talk about the book "1984" when discussing America today. George Orwell was also quoted numerous times during his life, here are a couple:

So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.

A lot of us were forced to read the book in high school. It is absolutely clear that Orwell viewed the left as the bad guys in the book.

Now a question. How does that make you feel?

Mark

I get quite wound up about this; it worries me a lot. No one should be so gullible.
Gullible is in the eye of the beholder. I watch one tv screen with Pelosi and Schumer saying I want a wall or barrier, and the next screen they say no way Jose. They are using propaganda DENIAL. They are no better than Trump.

Gullible is in the eye of the beholder. I watch one tv screen with Pelosi and Schumer saying I want a wall or barrier, and the next screen they say no way Jose. They are using propaganda DENIAL. They are no better than Trump.
I see your name is "Third Party." Get crackin'--we are in serious need of you.

"1984". Pleeeze. As if they're that educated and highbrow. Didn't you read the part where they tested their hypothesis with "Hunger Games" and "Divergent"?

And they wonder why no one trusts their deep-as-a-mud-puddle newspaper. What a bunch of ignoranuses. (And no, that's not a typo. An ingoranus is someone who's stupid AND an asshole.)

Forum List

Back