Was Trump 'obligated' to pursue corruption in Ukraine?

Like there is something improper for Congress to investigating a President's attempt to coerce an official of a foreign government for his own personal gain?

Face it- the only 'corruption' that Donald Trump has asked any foreign government to investigate is 'corruption' that can include 'Biden' in the same sentence.

And yes- asking two foreign governments including the Commies in China- to dig up dirt on a political rival is not a proper act.

In what delusional world does suggesting an investigation equal "digging up dirt"? Maybe someone who speaks English could explain it to you.
Trump b'lieves Biden got away with a crime. He solicited the president of Zelensky to find the evidence he needs to prove it. Given both Trump and Biden are running for the same office, that world be dirt Trump thinks he can use to knock Biden out of the race.

No, Trump and Biden (neither one) are running for the same office. There is a slim possibility that they might be next year but that is entirely beside the point. Crime is illegal; "dirt" is not. And whatever the reason for doing so suggesting an investigation is neither illegal nor improper.

Wow- so you think that if President Trump called up Russia and asked them to dig investigate any possible crimes by Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and the rest of the Democratic slate- that no matter what his 'motivation' it wouldn't be illegal or improper?

No, it wouldn't. Exactly what law do you think that would violate? Last I heard the President was entitled to free speech same as other Americans. On what bases would you deny him that?
He is entitled to free speech. Violating the law to solicit a foreign national to help with his campaign against a political rival is not protected by free speech.

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
The US and Ukraine have a "Joint Anti-Crime Treaty," signed into law by none other than your former president, Bill Clinton. Thus, Trump was well within his right to have the Ukrainian government look into corruption by the corrupt oil company Burisma and by extension any high ranking members of said organization.

Last edited:
In what delusional world does suggesting an investigation equal "digging up dirt"? Maybe someone who speaks English could explain it to you.
Trump b'lieves Biden got away with a crime. He solicited the president of Zelensky to find the evidence he needs to prove it. Given both Trump and Biden are running for the same office, that world be dirt Trump thinks he can use to knock Biden out of the race.

No, Trump and Biden (neither one) are running for the same office. There is a slim possibility that they might be next year but that is entirely beside the point. Crime is illegal; "dirt" is not. And whatever the reason for doing so suggesting an investigation is neither illegal nor improper.
They're both running for president, ya moron. :eusa_doh:

And since there's no evidence Biden did anything wrong, coupled with several Ukranians stating as much, it's dirt Trump is looking for.

Looking for evidence is the intended purpose of investigations. No evidence; no charges. What part of that are you having a problem understanding? And Biden is running to be his parties nominee for President. In the unlikely event that happens THEN he will be running for President. D. Trump is already President maybe next year he will run again. If so, THEN he will be running for reelection. People should become exempt from investigation of their crimes because they happen to be out of work politicians? I don't think so. Dims are constantly launching investigations without evidence. Surely they don't consider that a problem.

Biden is running for president. Biden can run for president even if Democrats nominate someone else.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet in protest, Trump and Biden are both running for president and are political rivals.

Want more evidence Biden is a political rival of Trump's? Trump spent millions of dollars to produce a campaign ad attacking Biden. Not something any candidate does to someone who's not their rival.

I don't care if Biden considers himself a political rival. I only pointed out the truth that Biden is not currently running for President. I honestly hope that he does run. I can think of no surer way to see President Trump reelected.

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
Protecting and defending the American people.

Who knows...perhaps Hunter Biden is involved in a dope ring? How we gonna know unless we investigate?

Wow- so you think that if President Trump called up Russia and asked them to dig investigate any possible crimes by Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and the rest of the Democratic slate- that no matter what his 'motivation' it wouldn't be illegal or improper?

No, it wouldn't. Exactly what law do you think that would violate? Last I heard the President was entitled to free speech same as other Americans. On what bases would you deny him that?
He is entitled to free speech. Violating the law to solicit a foreign national to help with his campaign against a political rival is not protected by free speech.

Actually I believe it is. In any case there is no evidence that that was the purpose of asking the situation be investigated.

They're both running for president, ya moron. :eusa_doh:

And since there's no evidence Biden did anything wrong, coupled with several Ukranians stating as much, it's dirt Trump is looking for.

Looking for evidence is the intended purpose of investigations. No evidence; no charges. What part of that are you having a problem understanding? And Biden is running to be his parties nominee for President. In the unlikely event that happens THEN he will be running for President. D. Trump is already President maybe next year he will run again. If so, THEN he will be running for reelection. People should become exempt from investigation of their crimes because they happen to be out of work politicians? I don't think so. Dims are constantly launching investigations without evidence. Surely they don't consider that a problem.

Biden is running for president. Biden can run for president even if Democrats nominate someone else.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet in protest, Trump and Biden are both running for president and are political rivals.

Want more evidence Biden is a political rival of Trump's? Trump spent millions of dollars to produce a campaign ad attacking Biden. Not something any candidate does to someone who's not their rival.

I don't care if Biden considers himself a political rival. I only pointed out the truth that Biden is not currently running for President. I honestly hope that he does run. I can think of no surer way to see President Trump reelected.
"I only pointed out the truth that Biden is notcurrently running for President."

LOLOL

And yet, here's Biden campaigning to be president...

20191023_014736.jpg

... why on Earth would I believe a dunce like you over Joe Biden's own campaign? :cuckoo:

Actually I believe it is. In any case there is no evidence that that was the purpose of asking the situation be investigated.
LOLOL

You think free speech allows people to break the law? Take threatening a president's life, for example.... you think that's legal because it's protected by free speech?? :cuckoo:

LOLOL

You think free speech allows people to break the law? Take threatening a president's life, for example.... you think that's legal because it's protected by free speech?? :cuckoo:

And once again I ask specifically what law you think he broke.

LOLOL

§30121 Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

(a) Prohibition

It shall be unlawful for-

(1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make-

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or​

(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.​

LOLOL

(a) Prohibition

(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Great. And there is exactly zero evidence of any such thing. Maybe you're thinking about Hillary Clinton.

LOLOL

(a) Prohibition

(C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or
(2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.

Great. And there is exactly zero evidence of any such thing. Maybe you're thinking about Hillary Clinton.
LOLOL

Keep telling yourself that even as Trump gets impeached over it.

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..." ~ Donald Trump

Lock him up!

LOLOL

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it..." ~ Donald Trump

Lock him up!

"(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;..".

No reason to believe that any such thing was offered, requested, or that President Trump wants or needs any such thing. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see either of the Bidens locked up for their corruption as you suggest.

Melodramatic outrage about the President committing an entirely proper act. How idiotic. Like there is something improper about suggesting that an American government official possibly coercing an official of a foreign government for private gain be investigated.

Like there is something improper for Congress to investigating a President's attempt to coerce an official of a foreign government for his own personal gain?

Face it- the only 'corruption' that Donald Trump has asked any foreign government to investigate is 'corruption' that can include 'Biden' in the same sentence.

And yes- asking two foreign governments including the Commies in China- to dig up dirt on a political rival is not a proper act.

Trump didn't care about an actual investigation - he demanded a public statement that Ukraine was investigating Burisma/Biden. Then he could say, 'my opponent is under investigation in Ukraine' to smear him. That's all. For that, he withheld aid (until the story broke about the holdup).

LOLOL

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

Lock him up!

"(A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;..".

No reason to believe that any such thing was offered, requested, or that President Trump wants or needs any such thing. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see either of the Bidens locked up for their corruption as you suggest.
LOLOL

You poor thing. Abject denial is not going to get Trump out of hot water.

LOLOL

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

Lock him up!

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Bidens or the Trumps are convicted and locked up for any corruption that they may have committed.

But right now there is
a) No evidence that either Biden committed any crime and
b) Trump's own words suggesting that he did commit a crime in trying to get two foreign nations to investigate his political rival.

LOLOL

Funny how you don't ask the President to say what law he thinks that Joe Biden broke.

What laws has Trump possibly/likely violated in this Ukrainian fiasco?
a)
Illegally soliciting campaign help from a foreign government
The most obvious way in which Trump could have violated the law is by soliciting material campaign aid from a foreign government, which expressly violates the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971.
b) Bribery- quid pro quo - military aid from the U.S. in exchange for a 'favor' personally benefiting Trump's political campaign.
c) Misappropriation of public funds
d) Conspiracy
e) Obstruction of Justice (for his actions trying to prevent the investigation)
f) Witness Intimidation
g) Violation of the Whistle Blower Act

Melodramatic outrage about the President committing an entirely proper act. How idiotic. Like there is something improper about suggesting that an American government official possibly coercing an official of a foreign government for private gain be investigated.

Trump didn't care about an actual investigation - he demanded a public statement that Ukraine was investigating Burisma/Biden. Then he could say, 'my opponent is under investigation in Ukraine' to smear him. That's all. For that, he withheld aid (until the story broke about the holdup).

So? Even if true (which I doubt) what exactly do you claim is illegal about that? The President of the United States should check with you before dealing with other nations or overseeing foreign aid? What debt do you think the American taxpayer has to the Ukraine? Frankly I'm against ALL foreign aid delayed or not.

(a) Prohibition

LOLOL

Lock him up!

LOLOL

You poor thing. Abject denial is not going to get Trump out of hot water.

And your delusional imagination is not going to get him into hot water, Buttercup.

Forum List

Back