Was Romney a "RINO"? Conservatives chime in.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
On another thread, one of the sillier right wing posters claimed the reason that Romney lost was because he was a "RINO" and "NOt a true conservative".

When I pressed this individual, of course, what I got was more tap dancing than Fred Astiar and Ginger Rogers.

But since that was "off topic", let's have a go with it here.

Conservatives, please let us know how Romney as he ran in 2012 was "not conservative".

Please note for purposes of this discussion, anything he did as Governor of Massachusetts doesn't count. You guys nominated him knowing all that.

Please point out what he did after his nomination that was straying from the orthodoxy.

I can't really name one difference between Romney and Obama. I didn't vote for the guy but I wouldn't call him a Conservative either.

Just like Obama isn't a Liberal.

The election was over months ago, Joe. Hang it up.

Yeah, I know. YOur side lost.

I'm just making sure you guys don't engage in any historical revisionism.

Because here was the attitude of the right.

Pre-Nomination- "Romney is a RINO. I want Rick Perry. Or Santorum. Or Someone."

Post nomination- "Romney is a real conservative. And he was the only one who was electable! And if you don't support him, you're a Mormon hating bigot!"

Post Election- "Romney wasn't a "real" Conservative! That's why he lost. This isn't at all repudiation of Conservative ideas!"

2i79r35.jpg

Seriously, at this point who the fuck cares. We got real problems in DC that need attention.

Yes, we do.

Problems that should have been taken care of months ago, save the Teabaggers aren't connected to reality.

Fail, the TP doesn't control the senate. The bill the senate passed was a watered down bill sent to them by the house. They could have done this weeks or months ago. That is 100% on Reid's shoulder. As it is all the spending cuts were stripped so I hope the TP gives Reid the finger.

Seriously, at this point who the fuck cares. We got real problems in DC that need attention.

Yes, we do.

Problems that should have been taken care of months ago, save the Teabaggers aren't connected to reality.

Fail, the TP doesn't control the senate. The bill the senate passed was a watered down bill sent to them by the house. They could have done this weeks or months ago. That is 100% on Reid's shoulder. As it is all the spending cuts were stripped so I hope the TP gives Reid the finger.

Of course you do, because like most Teabaggers, you aren't connected to reality.

Yes, we do.

Of course you do, because like most Teabaggers, you aren't connected to reality.

The reality that the morons in DC, save a few, have brought us to this point and have made the recovery nonexistant with their bullshit.

We could have been on the upswing by now except that these disfunctional morons keep postponing the real issues that need addressed time after time. Just like Reid just pushed a bill to put off sequestration YET AGAIN.

During the election I repeatedly questioned why he and Ryan were being called conservatives cause I sure didn't see them as such. Moderates mayyybe but certainly not conservatives. You don't run on not reducing revenues going to g'vt and increasing military and voting yes for stimulus and bailouts and medicare part D and then turn around and say 'hey, no fed money for b.c.' and say yeah, I'm a conservative. Nope.

I think it's a fair question. Those who want to attain powe want to know why they lost.

How was Romney a Rhino? Well for starters, he claimed to oppose Obamacare, but he created the template for it with Romneycare. All Romney did was talk about how he would single handedly create jobs, another progressive fantasy.

Romney has nothing to say in terms of significantly tackling the spending problem in Washington. When he debated Obama on forieng policy Romney's attitude seemed to be, "Yea, I would have done that only better."

What I found really hilarious is how Obama kept saying how the American people had two fundamentally different choices between the two of them, and he said it with a straight face! :badgrin:

And just for the record, the GOP dropped the ball in 2010 when they caved to Obama with the spending issues. They just did it again with the fiscal cliff.

Prediction: The GOP will go down in flames in 2014 as a result, only, the Teabaggers will be blamed for being "too extreme".

So go the hell ahead GOP, register as democrats. The hell of it is that the GOP runs on the premise of wanting a limited government, but they do everything but. At least the Democrats are proud to boast that a never ending expansive government cures all our ills.

Screw the GOP.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back