Was Jesus Really Crucified?

I'm sorry, we don't seem to be communicating very well here. When you say "this" what are you talking about? I was talking about what is important. What people should seek. My point was to forget religion (for now) because truth is ultimately what is most important. Do you disagree?

So to you an example of transcendence is transubstantiation? Transubstantiation is a Catholic doctrine, which I don't agree with, it is unbiblical. And some would say even blasphemous. That is what transcendence means to you?
I never disagreed. Truth like, hmmm, Schrodinger's cat seems to be illusive.

I am agnostic. But I still pray. Jesus was a jew persecuted by jews...what can I say? Hell, I can't prove my jewish great grandfather came here from Prussia to escape persecution, changed his name and became catholic. Facts. I like facts. But they are sometimes scarce and hard to find.

Was Jesus really crucified?
The Gospel of Barnabas dates to the 16th or 17th centuries--over fifteen hundred years after Christ. Barnabas claims to be one the twelve apostles and wrote his account in Italian and Spanish.

Meanwhile we have Paul writing about Christ crucified about twenty years after the event. This qualifies as more "ancient" than something that was written five or six hundred years ago.

I can see it
This is what I'm seeing.
20220227_094835.jpg

Ignorant comment. No historian worth his salt denies that Jesus was an actual person who walked this earth. He was arguably the most influential person in the history of this world, so comments like yours are beyond ridiculous. But if it's based on sincere ignorance, that's a lot better than it being based on dishonesty.

for the reasons stated in a 4th century religious rendering of - the state religion of the roman empire -

not for the reason they and many others were willing to give their life's - the religious itinerant expressed the reiteration of liberation theology, self determination granted in the beginning for humanities and all other living beings to accomplish if desired for their admission to the Everlasting upon the completion of their lives on planet Earth. and were all crucified for their beliefs in truths, not those of forgeries and fallacies for personal gain - the desert religions.

Was Jesus really crucified?
There is a reason the book of "Barnabas" was not included in the N.T. canon, it came after the fall of Jerusalem and its authorship has never been verified as actually coming from Paul's friend Barnabas, even though some attribute the writing as coming from Barnabas, at best this book is considered "Spurious" (plausible but false).....when placed to the test of the actual canon.......comparative analysis. Then consider the "eyewitness" accounts provided in the actual N.T. canon that contradicts these charges that are nothing more than the writings you might find in some supermarket rag like the National Enquirer.

Yes.........Yellow Journalism was alive and well even around the 1st and 2nd century.

Even more I become very suspicious when a link demands that I accept their tracking cookies before I am allowed access to the information it provides.

Consider. You have 27 books full of eyewitness accounts declaring one thing then a few spurious works claiming a contradiction. The very standard of calibrating the N.T. canon lies in the fact that all work in total agreement as being inspired by the Holy Spirit of God in relaying the story line of the life and times of Christ Jesus from birth, life, death and Resurrection, including the history of the early church and its struggles. The Holy Spirit does not contradict Himself.

"For we (the apostles of Christ) have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known to you the power and the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but where eyewitnesses of His majesty." -- 2 Peter 1:16

Last edited:

Forum List

Back