Was Jesus Really Crucified?

Never let Old Scratch shake your faith. Next up, news at eleven, white people aren't really white, they're transparent . . . and color blind and don't really exist 'cause you can't see them.

Gimme a break.

Anything to destroy Western Civilization.

Of course, we don't even know if Jesus was real. It's a religious metaphor, its not about facts, it's about faith.

Ignorant comment. No historian worth his salt denies that Jesus was an actual person who walked this earth. He was arguably the most influential person in the history of this world, so comments like yours are beyond ridiculous. But if it's based on sincere ignorance, that's a lot better than it being based on dishonesty.

Ignorant comment. No historian worth his salt denies that Jesus was an actual person who walked this earth. He was arguably the most influential person in the history of this world, so comments like yours are beyond ridiculous. But if it's based on sincere ignorance, that's a lot better than it being based on dishonesty.
It doesn't matter if Jesus was real. It's not the point.

Really? Once upon a time, there was a magic...You tell US what the point IS! Religion is a metaphor. That's it. Be all end all.

It's not about religion. Forget mere religion. What's important is truth. To reply to your earlier post, what you believe about Jesus does matter. I'm sure you and others will disagree, but what you believe about Jesus matters more than anything else you will ever believe.

It's not about religion. Forget mere religion. What's important is truth. To reply to your earlier post, what you believe about Jesus does matter. I'm sure you and others will disagree, but what you believe about Jesus matters more than anything else you will ever believe.
We agree to disagree. Religion is about transcendence.

We agree to disagree. Religion is about transcendence.

I wasn't talking about religion, I was talking about truth. But in response to what you just said, how are you defining transcendence? (In your own words.) Thanks.

I wasn't talking about religion, I was talking about truth. But in response to what you just said, how are you defining transcendence? (In your own words.) Thanks.
This isn't about truth. This is about belief. Like transubstantiation. The eucharist. Eating a cracker and drinking wine. Do you really believe that's Christ's flesh and blood? THAT is transcendence.

transcendant...out of the realm of possibility.

Is religion made up by man? Just let me understand where you are coming from if you're atheist and we'll never discuss it again. but we can have other conversations.

Last edited:
This isn't about truth. This is about belief. Like transubstantiation. The eucharist. Eating a cracker and drinking wine. Do you really believe that's Christ's flesh and blood? THAT is transcendence.
I'm sorry, we don't seem to be communicating very well here. When you say "this" what are you talking about? I was talking about what is important. What people should seek. My point was to forget religion (for now) because truth is ultimately what is most important. Do you disagree?

So to you an example of transcendence is transubstantiation? Transubstantiation is a Catholic doctrine, which I don't agree with, it is unbiblical. And some would say even blasphemous. That is what transcendence means to you?

MaryL , it's OK if you don't want to continue discussing this. Like Calypso, I just wasn't sure what your point is, and what your views are. I was just trying to get you to clarify and elaborate a bit in your own words. But no worries if you don't want to continue. (I have to cook dinner right now anyway.)

Forum List

Back