Was Cain terminated (fired) from the National Restaurant Association?

I follow your logic, but I would add the following: The NRA is a political lobby, and as such is likely more sensitive to such things as sexual harassment from a PR standpoint.

The NRA is a trade association. Look it up.

ALL trade associations lobby.

Duh, I know that. Hence, political lobby.

Duh is correct.

The main goal of the NRA is not about lobbying.
Don't be lazy now, do your homework.
I'll even help you a bit.

What We Do | National Restaurant Association

Did "he" sign a confidentiality agreement? I ask these questions in context of all the alleged sexual harassment charges against him.

I'm sure they just BEGGED Cain to stay. They didn't mind paying out all that money.

All what money?

Has there been any amounts actually given?

I didn't think so.

And now with the association giving consent for the woman to break silence and her chosing not to, how does that factor into this "scandal"?

Was Herman Cain terminated (fired) from the National Restaurant Association?

Seems like you should ask those questions based on substantially more than you are putting forth here.

All this amounts to really is to point out Cain is astoundingly bad candidate. That said, I do hope he gets the nomination.

All this amounts to really is to point out Cain is astoundingly bad candidate. That said, I do hope he gets the nomination.

I do to. I want to see cain and Obama debate. I wonder if cain will sing a couple of negro spirituals and then do the cakewalk at the intermission?

I do to. I want to see cain and Obama debate. I wonder if cain will sing a couple of negro spirituals and then do the cakewalk at the intermission?

He did channel MLK's "Free at last" even though he didn't support MLK. :lol:

Duh, I know that. Hence, political lobby.

Duh is correct.

The main goal of the NRA is not about lobbying.
Don't be lazy now, do your homework.
I'll even help you a bit.

What We Do | National Restaurant Association

Aw, come on. I know you're smarter than that. Who do you think they lobby?

Heavy Hitters

National Restaurant Assn

Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association is the leading business association for the restaurant industry, representing 52,000 member companies that own more than 254,000 restaurants. That large a membership makes the association a powerful force in the nation’s capital. The association lobbies on virtually every issue affecting the restaurant industry: It supports an increase in the business meal tax deduction (the association’s Web site says “business meals make business deals”) and opposes giving restaurant owners the burden of enforcing tip reporting laws. The association is also active in general business-related issues: It was part of the business-backed Health Benefits Coalition that opposed the Patients’ Bill of Rights; it supports class action reform as a way to reduce what it calls frivolous lawsuits; and it opposes increases in the minimum wage.

National Restaurant Assn: Summary | OpenSecrets

Political contributions

National Restaurant Association gave $1,545,296 to federal candidates in the 2006 U.S. election through its political action committee - 12% to Democrats and 87% to Republicans. [13]

Lobbying

National Restaurant Association spent $2,300,000 for lobbying in 2006. The lobbying firms BKSH & Associates and Shook, Hardy and Bacon were used as well as the lobby group Alliance for American Advertising. [14]

"What we do"

What they do in their own words, 'Restaurants need a powerful voice before Congress and federal regulatory agencies because Uncle Sam's long arm reaches into every facet of the $537 billion restaurant business. The National Restaurant Association — ranked among the "Power 25" lobbying organization by Fortune magazine — promotes a pro-restaurant agenda on critical restaurant issues like the minimum wage, food safety, and IRS tip audits.' [15]

National Restaurant Association - SourceWatch

He did channel MLK's "Free at last" even though he didn't support MLK. :lol:

I heard that he's going to play the part of Uncle Ruckus in the new live action Boondocks movie.

I follow your logic, but I would add the following: The NRA is a political lobby, and as such is likely more sensitive to such things as sexual harassment from a PR standpoint.

their primary function is to lobby for laws and such favorable to their associations members.

Fact is Cain was president of a lobbyist organization.

Did "he" sign a confidentiality agreement? I ask these questions in context of all the alleged sexual harassment charges against him.

I'm sure they just BEGGED Cain to stay. They didn't mind paying out all that money.

Cain ran one of the most successful NRAs it's history. Look it up. I guarantee they begged on hands and knees for him to stay.

Go to their home page sweet cheeks.
Read about how and why they started and who they represent.
Trade associations don't generally start out to lobby, more like a 'club'. It's when they get bigger, their accounts get fatter, and their membership swells is when the lobbying begins.

I find it interesting what LaMoron thinks is 'politics'. Gossip, to most people with an IQ over room temperature, is not 'politics'. It is 'gossip'.

The amount of embarrassingly dumb comments coming from both sides on this issue makes me despair for the country. No wonder we elect idiots.

That would be pretty cool. Cain claim's Obama isn't a real black dude. Funny stuff.

If Lakhota's threads could be heard - it would sound like this.

ANNOYING noise! - YouTube

Let me ask you a question. If you were on the Board of an organization that was forced to pay 2 women a total of $80,000 based on two separate complaints of sexual harassment against the CEO, would you fire that CEO, or would you keep him on knowing that it could happen again and cost you even MORE money?

I suspect it's like any other CEO, was his performance such that he offset that expense.

Let's be honest, the 80K was probably the path of least resistance when lawyers fees are $500.00 an hour.

It does seem the end of his tenure was pretty close to this incident, so the answer might be "maybe".

But the thing is, the NRA released the woman from her NDA, and she still isn't identifying herself or explaining the charges. So to be completely fair, we can't hang the man on rumors.

There are lots of good reasons to not vote for Herman Cain. There are better reasons not to vote for Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.

I find it interesting what LaMoron thinks is 'politics'. Gossip, to most people with an IQ over room temperature, is not 'politics'. It is 'gossip'.

The amount of embarrassingly dumb comments coming from both sides on this issue makes me despair for the country. No wonder we elect idiots.

Good point. Gossip gets started way too easily in an office.

Forum List

Back