Was Cain terminated (fired) from the National Restaurant Association?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Did "he" sign a confidentiality agreement? I ask these questions in context of all the alleged sexual harassment charges against him.

Last edited:
If Lakhota's threads could be heard - it would sound like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-m80SYC3E]ANNOYING noise! - YouTube[/ame]

ANNOYING noise! - YouTube

Let me ask you a question. If you were on the Board of an organization that was forced to pay 2 women a total of $80,000 based on two separate complaints of sexual harassment against the CEO, would you fire that CEO, or would you keep him on knowing that it could happen again and cost you even MORE money?

Let me ask you a question. If you were on the Board of an organization that was forced to pay 2 women a total of $80,000 based on two separate complaints of sexual harassment against the CEO, would you fire that CEO, or would you keep him on knowing that it could happen again and cost you even MORE money?

first, they weren't forced, they chose to pay. they could have litigated if they wished.

it would depend on whether the ceo was making me money, and whether his alleged behavior was going to cost me more money than i was making.

*shrug*

got any more softballs?

first, they weren't forced, they chose to pay. they could have litigated if they wished.

it would depend on whether the ceo was making me money, and whether his alleged behavior was going to cost me more money than i was making.

*shrug*

got any more softballs?

I follow your logic, but I would add the following: The NRA is a political lobby, and as such is likely more sensitive to such things as sexual harassment from a PR standpoint.

executives rarely get "fired"........

they are "encouraged" to "seek opportunities elsewhere" or "spend more time with the family".........

they are "encouraged" to "seek opportunities elsewhere" or "spend more time with the family".........

I agree, but it all amounts to the same thing...

*shrug*

got any more softballs?

The NRA isn't a business. It's a lobbying firm which collects money from various restaurant chains for the purpose of pursuing the interests of of restaurant owners when it comes to legislation in Congress. An example of that would be preventing minimum wage laws from applying to waiters and waitresses.

You can argue that the NRA 'chose' to pay. However, they certainly didn't choose to be in a position where they faced either paying a settlement quietly, or taking the chance at a much larger court-ordered payout along with all the accompanying bad publicity which would have displeased all those corporate doners and publicly embarrassed them.

Not much of a choice, is it? What would you have done?

Yeah, they were forced to (quietly) choose the lesser of two evils

Most people no longer get fired. Their position is eliminated.
Legally there is a very big difference....in practice they are one in the same.
Have done it myself numerous times.

Most people no longer get fired. Their position is eliminated.
Legally there is a very big difference....in practice they are one in the same.
Have done it myself numerous times.

yes, but all it means is cain and the nra can both say he wasnt "fired".......

its about the only thing cain did right in this whole mess.......

I follow your logic, but I would add the following: The NRA is a political lobby, and as such is likely more sensitive to such things as sexual harassment from a PR standpoint.

The NRA is a trade association. Look it up.

ALL trade associations lobby.

Last edited:
Did "he" sign a confidentiality agreement? I ask these questions in context of all the alleged sexual harassment charges against him.

"Terminated"? A Freudian slip perhaps? The fact of the matter is that most career democrat politicians don't have the real world skills to work in Cain"s pizza restaurants much less run a business. The sad truth is that most politicians never met a payroll or made a buck that wasn't confiscated from taxpayers. The Treasury secretary is an admitted tax cheat. What does that tell you about the administration?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back