Warrant: I-85 bridge fire suspect smoked crack before starting blaze

So you enjoy making up things then claiming that is what someone said? Nothing I said even vaguely resembles me advocating not enforcing the laws.
And who is advocating executing or imprisoning the homeless that are not criminals?

See Snouter's post at the beginning of the thread. Post #2 I think.
Post #2 says nothing about executing homeless people. Do you enjoy making up things then claiming that is what someone said?

Execution might be hyperbole, but not outrageous. When you call for them to be sterilized, institutionalized or "whatever", my question is valid.
No, you were accusing someone of something you just did. That makes you a hypocrite.

No. A statement was made about taking the homeless and getting them sterilized, institutionalized or whatever. I addressed what I thought the "whatever" might be. But I did not say he meant that, I asked if he did

The question that was asked if me concerned whether I advocated letting people break the law without consequence if they are homeless. I said nothing even close to that.

How much does crack cost. This homeless man had enough money to buy crack. He must have enough healthy food. Now you know how the panhandler's money is spent.

If we just legalized drugs this would never happen. Liberals tell us that druggies are peaceful people that never cause harm.

Crap. All crap. Tell the ACLU to shove their shit back up their colon and start rounding the people up and institutionalizing them.

How much does crack cost. This homeless man had enough money to buy crack. He must have enough healthy food. Now you know how the panhandler's money is spent.

If we just legalized drugs this would never happen. Liberals tell us that druggies are peaceful people that never cause harm.

Crap. All crap. Tell the ACLU to shove their shit back up their colon and start rounding the people up and institutionalizing them.
Crack is cheap, which is why they call it crack, not coke. It is just as addictive, though. Addicts don't buy salad instead of drugs. I never give panhandlers money, though, for that reason. Liberals know better than to say addicts are all peaceful; they cause lots of harm, whether they leave anyone bleeding or not.
However, institutionalizing them is what we are already doing by throwing them in jail and prison--the poor man's rehab. And it doesn't work.

These filthy, retarded democrat scum need to be rounded up, institutionalized, sterilized, whatever. Get them off the streets, do not let them vote, they have no redeeming value.

I don't recall seeing this guy at the last democratic convention. Are you sure about this?

Without putting too fine a point on it, I think that the Atlanta city officials who stores this highly flamable stuff in unguarded stacks under bridges all over town should be looking for new jobs.

Crack is cheap, which is why they call it crack, not coke. It is just as addictive, though. Addicts don't buy salad instead of drugs. I never give panhandlers money, though, for that reason. Liberals know better than to say addicts are all peaceful; they cause lots of harm, whether they leave anyone bleeding or not.
However, institutionalizing them is what we are already doing by throwing them in jail and prison--the poor man's rehab. And it doesn't work.
Throwing them in jail doesn't work because they get out. Addicts and the mentally ill need to be where they can't hurt anyone or anything and cannot get out.

The bridge collapse WAS a big story. But there is no mystery now. It's no secret that a homeless person was arrested for starting the fire. What else would they report? I-85 is no longer falling. They are beginning repairs. What else would be news?
That they fixed the damned thing?

Nah, thats gonna be at least five more years.

The bridge collapse WAS a big story. But there is no mystery now. It's no secret that a homeless person was arrested for starting the fire. What else would they report? I-85 is no longer falling. They are beginning repairs. What else would be news?

Obviously is will be news when it happens. I am betting on December or so.

Ok, so you yourself said that the next news item on this is when they have it fixed. Obviously that is not happening just a few days.

So why are you slamming the news media for not reporting on the story any more?

These filthy, retarded democrat scum need to be rounded up, institutionalized, sterilized, whatever. Get them off the streets, do not let them vote, they have no redeeming value.

Execution might be hyperbole, but not outrageous. When you call for them to be sterilized, institutionalized or "whatever", my question is valid.

Hmm, homeless <> democrat, at least not yet, lol.

There was so much hyperbole being thrown around, I just wanted to 'pour some oil on the water'.

I was using reverse logic; not trying to offend you there, friend. You are one of the better liberal posters here.

Ok, so you yourself said that the next news item on this is when they have it fixed. Obviously that is not happening just a few days.
That it has fallen out of the news cycle isnt my thing. That some crackhead can bring down an interstate interchange does concern me though.

That it has fallen out of the news cycle isnt my thing. That some crackhead can bring down an interstate interchange does concern me though.

When the state stores fuel, pvc pipe, and heavy equipment under the interstate, anyone can bring it down.

Obviously is will be news when it happens. I am betting on December or so.
I admire your unhinged optimism. :)

In 2002 a truck fire destroyed a bridge on I65 in B'ham AL. It was part of Malfunction Junction (their Spaghetti Junction).
"The 289-feet span on I-65 was removed, improved and rebuilt in 37 days—seven weeks ahead of schedule thanks to an incentive of $25,000 a day for each day it was finished ahead of schedule."

Give the contractors good incentives and they will get it done right and in a hurry. I am being pessimistic saying December.

At least this time you can't lay the blame on us Yankees.
YANKEES!

WE BEEN TRYING to recover ever since you BASTAGES BURNT DOWN ATLANTA!

People can always make excuses and blame some other part of the country for whatever.

Things seem to work out better when we help each other.

BYMMV

News from the city and from the prime contractor: I-85 bridge collapse: when will the highway re-open?

They are saying I-85 will be open by June 15th. My december estimate is obviously pessimistic. But 5 years? Not even close.

The man accused of setting the fire that wrecked part of I-85 in Atlanta this week was smoking crack cocaine at the time of the blaze, newly obtained documents showed on Saturday.

The fire collapsed a well-traveled stretch of I-85 — triggering millions of dollars in damage and wreaking havoc on traffic, potentially for months to come.

Wearing a navy jumpsuit, flip-flops and handcuffs, Basil Eleby reluctantly shuffled into a courtroom at the Fulton County jail for his first appearance hearing Saturday morning. After she was denied a request for her client to skip the hearing altogether, Eleby’s public defender used a green folder to try to hide Eleby’s face from the gathered media.

Judge James Altman, meanwhile, announced that a new charge of first-degree arson had been filed against Eleby. He’d previously been charged only with first-degree criminal damage to property.

Altman set bond at $200,000, but said he’d considered an amount more “commensurate” with the damage inflicted.
Atlanta I-85 collapse: Suspect Basil Eleby was smoking crack, cops say

They discussed getting high together. I bet they asked and he turned them down.

is there some reason there aren't enough facts in the article to interest you? your speculation is based on what?

Forum List

Back