Warrant: I-85 bridge fire suspect smoked crack before starting blaze

At least this time you can't lay the blame on us Yankees.
YANKEES!

WE BEEN TRYING to recover ever since you BASTAGES BURNT DOWN ATLANTA!

People can always make excuses and blame some other part of the country for whatever.

Things seem to work out better when we help each other.

BYMMV

awwwwww.... loony toon who doesn't understand that you southern boys shouldn't own people.

News from the city and from the prime contractor: I-85 bridge collapse: when will the highway re-open?
They are saying I-85 will be open by June 15th. My december estimate is obviously pessimistic. But 5 years? Not even close.
Well, there is the gubermint saying when they plan to get things done and then there is when they actually get things done. If I might point out that that Big Dig they had in Boston that ran over schedule by a couple of million years.

The Big Dig was the most expensive highway project in the US, and was plagued by cost overruns, delays, leaks, design flaws, charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials, criminal arrests,[2][3] and one death.[4] The project was originally scheduled to be completed in 1998[5] at an estimated cost of $2.8 billion (in 1982 dollars, US$6.0 billion adjusted for inflation as of 2006).[6] However, the project was completed only in December 2007, at a cost of over $14.6 billion ($8.08 billion in 1982 dollars, meaning a cost overrun of about 190%)[6] as of 2006.[7] The Boston Globe estimated that the project will ultimately cost $22 billion, including interest, and that it would not be paid off until 2038.[8]

So, the gubermint saying it will be done by July doesnt mean it will be done by July, friend. :D

News from the city and from the prime contractor: I-85 bridge collapse: when will the highway re-open?
They are saying I-85 will be open by June 15th. My december estimate is obviously pessimistic. But 5 years? Not even close.
Well, there is the gubermint saying when they plan to get things done and then there is when they actually get things done. If I might point out that that Big Dig they had in Boston that ran over schedule by a couple of million years.

The Big Dig was the most expensive highway project in the US, and was plagued by cost overruns, delays, leaks, design flaws, charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials, criminal arrests,[2][3] and one death.[4] The project was originally scheduled to be completed in 1998[5] at an estimated cost of $2.8 billion (in 1982 dollars, US$6.0 billion adjusted for inflation as of 2006).[6] However, the project was completed only in December 2007, at a cost of over $14.6 billion ($8.08 billion in 1982 dollars, meaning a cost overrun of about 190%)[6] as of 2006.[7] The Boston Globe estimated that the project will ultimately cost $22 billion, including interest, and that it would not be paid off until 2038.[8]

So, the gubermint saying it will be done by July doesnt mean it will be done by July, friend. :D

I think comparing building a roadway/tunnel to replacing 700 feet of elevated interstate is a bit of a stretch.

I think the repairs will be done this summer (well before my estimate of December). And it will certainly not take 5 years.

The quarter of a million cars that used I-85 daily in that section will be back to running like they were before the end of the year.

I think comparing building a roadway/tunnel to replacing 700 feet of elevated interstate is a bit of a stretch.

The comparison isnt so much what was done as it is a classic example of government stupidity and incompetence.

I think the repairs will be done this summer (well before my estimate of December). And it will certainly not take 5 years.

The quarter of a million cars that used I-85 daily in that section will be back to running like they were before the end of the year.
Yes, five years was hyperbole, and the end of the year a reasonable guess, but I wouldnt be surprised if it takes longer.

FOX just showed the filthy, retarded democrat bum in a courtroom and an obese female afro american court security officer was holding up a piece of green cardboard to hide the beast from the camera. So apparently she sympathizes with the terrorist because they are the same race. Very troubling.

So you advocate executing or imprisoning the homeless?

That's how pinko commies roll

The man accused of setting the fire that wrecked part of I-85 in Atlanta this week was smoking crack cocaine at the time of the blaze, newly obtained documents showed on Saturday.

The fire collapsed a well-traveled stretch of I-85 — triggering millions of dollars in damage and wreaking havoc on traffic, potentially for months to come.

Wearing a navy jumpsuit, flip-flops and handcuffs, Basil Eleby reluctantly shuffled into a courtroom at the Fulton County jail for his first appearance hearing Saturday morning. After she was denied a request for her client to skip the hearing altogether, Eleby’s public defender used a green folder to try to hide Eleby’s face from the gathered media.

Judge James Altman, meanwhile, announced that a new charge of first-degree arson had been filed against Eleby. He’d previously been charged only with first-degree criminal damage to property.

Altman set bond at $200,000, but said he’d considered an amount more “commensurate” with the damage inflicted.
Atlanta I-85 collapse: Suspect Basil Eleby was smoking crack, cops say

They discussed getting high together. I bet they asked and he turned them down.

is there some reason there aren't enough facts in the article to interest you? your speculation is based on what?
Eleby told investigators from the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that he’d met Thomas and Brauer there at about 4 p.m. and they “discussed smoking crack cocaine together.”

But Eleby ultimately decided “he would consume the drugs by himself” and “left the area before the fire started,” according to the affidavit, which was prepared in support of Eleby’s arrest warrant.

But, thanks for playing.

The bridge collapse WAS a big story. But there is no mystery now. It's no secret that a homeless person was arrested for starting the fire. What else would they report? I-85 is no longer falling. They are beginning repairs. What else would be news?
That they fixed the damned thing?

Nah, thats gonna be at least five more years.

New update and some actual news.

They are striping the new section of I-85 this week. Should be open before the end of May.

They are striping the new section of I-85 this week. Should be open before the end of May.
Thanks Winterborn.

You almost make me feel confident about our government again........almost.

Be confident in private enterprise being able to do amazing things if they are paid extra for it. The price tag will probably run to $15 million.

I-85 reopened yesterday. Sometimes throwing money at a problem solves it. The contractor made huge bonuses, but one of the main traffic routes has been reopened. Well done!

FOX just showed the filthy, retarded democrat bum in a courtroom and an obese female afro american court security officer was holding up a piece of green cardboard to hide the beast from the camera. So apparently she sympathizes with the terrorist because they are the same race. Very troubling.

So you advocate executing or imprisoning the homeless?

Most of the homeless are mentally disturbed and would be locked up by a sane society, so they don't harm themselves or others.

Forum List

Back