WARNING! - Phones being tapped!

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
I found out today that my phone is probably being tapped. I can call out but am having difficulty with incoming calls. If I can answer a phone call within a second or two of the phone ringing, I am able to connect with the person on the other line. However, after a few seconds, if I do not answer the phone, the line clicks dead and is followed by white noise. I called the phone company and they think the line has been tapped.

This afternoon, we noticed that calls were coming in and the caller would seem to hang up after a few seconds. If this happened once or twice, this would not raise suspicion. However, when it happens 10-12 times in short succession, something is going on.

I had a friend over tonight who is an IT professional. He said a friend of his in Atlanta had the same thing happen to him on Friday. It also happened at his work. He believes that it may be the work of hackers trying to tap his computer.

I do not know what is happening exactly, and am having a repairman come out to check everything on Sunday or Monday, but I wanted to give everyone a head's up and be aware of what is happening.

Last edited:
So...what are you doing that you shouldn't be, that would cause someone to want to tap your phone out of the trillions of phones in the world?

So...what are you doing that you shouldn't be, that would cause someone to want to tap your phone out of the trillions of phones in the world?

I have no idea. I'm dumb on these types of things. My IT professional friend, however, said that a friend of his was attacked by hackers after his phone line did the same thing yesterday. There may be a connection between the phone tapping and the hackers.

I'm just letting you know so you can be aware of it.

I have no idea. I'm dumb on these types of things. My IT professional friend, however, said that a friend of his was attacked by hackers after his phone line did the same thing yesterday. There may be a connection between the phone tapping and the hackers.

Do you have a landline? Do you have DSL for you internet? What about VOIP? Hackers are always on the look-out for easy prey.

Do you have a landline? Do you have DSL for you internet? What about VOIP? Hackers are always on the look-out for easy prey.

I have a cable modem and a Mac, so I'm not particularly worried.

If I am being hacked, my guess is that it is happening to many other people, and the attack was random.

The same thing happens to me. It's a glitch in some automated telemarketing set-ups.

I agree.. They don't even have to speak to a person anymore to get credit for a call. Someone simply needs to answer the phone.

just cause your paranoid doenst mean they arent out to get ya...

but somehow i doubt it...for years..a few friends and i would say key words on the phone especially on calls between the us and canada....no response...we were all kinda disappointed

You, me, everyone of us who uses any form on electronic communications, live in a glass house.

Assume that everything you write on the net is monitored because it is.

Now you can either let that make you paranoid, or you can just think of your every post as a personal message to Homeland Security.

As to your phones?

If you use a portable phone, anyone with CB radio can listen in.

If you use a cell phone, a whole lotta people can pick that up, too.

You home lines are somewhat more secure, but I operate under the assumption that no electronic communication is secure enough.

FYI this is what my IT friend wrote

Friend of mine had his phone "attacked" via a Skype number such that he couldn't make or receive calls, while at the same time hackers were trying to wire money out of his bank account, using account info gleaned from his compromised home computer.

I found out today that my phone is probably being tapped. I can call out but am having difficulty with incoming calls. If I can answer a phone call within a second or two of the phone ringing, I am able to connect with the person on the other line. However, after a few seconds, if I do not answer the phone, the line clicks dead and is followed by white noise. I called the phone company and they think the line has been tapped.

Could it be your wife's PI?

FYI this is what my IT friend wrote

Friend of mine had his phone "attacked" via a Skype number such that he couldn't make or receive calls, while at the same time hackers were trying to wire money out of his bank account, using account info gleaned from his compromised home computer.

One or the other happening is possible. But both happening simultaneously is just weird, and likely your friend is a very specific target for a very specific purpose.

IOW, someone's actually out to get HIM, and it's not a random occurence.

Here's the thing about the "monitoring" paranoia ... first, they don't give a fuck about most of what people say anyway ... secondly, it's impossible to monitor everything, especially online. It would take at least half the US population to filter through everything online, plus they would all have to be trained and even then most of what they looked at wouldn't even register in their brains because of the numbness of such a job. Ask the moderators here how hard it is to monitor just this tiny spot on the web.

You, me, everyone of us who uses any form on electronic communications, live in a glass house.

Now you can either let that make you paranoid, or you can just think of your every post as a personal message to Homeland Security.

As to your phones?

You home lines are somewhat more secure, but I operate under the assumption that no electronic communication is secure enough.

Honestly, I don't think it is really Homeland Security, though I suppose they can access this information from the entities gathering it and recording it....

It is the Web bots, the Web Spiders, like yahoo Spider, Google's spiders....there are so, so many of them...

And on a program I saw on tv, these spiders gather information and read the future...through every thing that we write, and key words of doom, gloom, or confidence...

The man that supposedly invented this, did so, to see if he could "read" the futures market...on Wall Street...and the Entire Global Market Place... I believe our CIA follows it, to see if their are any anomalies as well... is what the program mentioned.

Supposedly, these conglomerations of spiders predicted 9/11...something bad to hit our markets a year before it happened, based off of these computers, reading "chatter" on the internet....

very strange stuff....

Care

As to your phones?

of course it's monitored, i can read everything you post

LOL

Forum List

Back