Scams ... Scams ... and more Scams ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
How stupid are people, really. The two newest ones, a chat scam where the person actually begs for money from somewhere in the Middle East, and one where they send a link to a look alike Google login page.

The first, most people seem to be smart enough to see through, the second though ... really. Don't people check the URLs ... they didn't even use the javascript to replace what it says in the address bar. Then there's the rule of thumb, never use login or personal information for anything unless you are certain of the source, for example email use your bookmarks or type it in manually. I just don't get how people are so easily fooled by these.

How stupid are people, really. The two newest ones, a chat scam where the person actually begs for money from somewhere in the Middle East, and one where they send a link to a look alike Google login page.

The first, most people seem to be smart enough to see through, the second though ... really. Don't people check the URLs ... they didn't even use the javascript to replace what it says in the address bar. Then there's the rule of thumb, never use login or personal information for anything unless you are certain of the source, for example email use your bookmarks or type it in manually. I just don't get how people are so easily fooled by these.

I wish Rosetta could fool people into doing the right thing.

I don't know either, but the spam emails about some jerk in nigeria having 12.7 million dollars he wants to deposit in my bank account have all but stopped.

The only thing I can think of is there's still people out there that are just buying their first computer, and are still ignorant to all the scams and how they try and hook you.

I don't know either, but the spam emails about some jerk in nigeria having 12.7 million dollars he wants to deposit in my bank account have all but stopped.

The only thing I can think of is there's still people out there that are just buying their first computer, and are still ignorant to all the scams and how they try and hook you.
oh, it will come around again, they go in cycles
you are likely to see a few trying to get your paypal account(even if you dont have one)
for various banks
ebay, you name it, they have a scam for it
btw, if you get them, dont click on any link in them, just hit the forward button and send to spoof@ whatever they are claiming to be
like for paypal its [email protected]

ya i have met several people on yahoo who beg for money on net and most of these people are from nigeria and they also send mails to our accounts in which it is written that You Won and please take your 5 million dollars from us
138l1103.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back