Hmm ... a Test ... Perhaps Demo ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Well ... a micro demo. I only put it online to test some functions and make certain they would work as I planned them, so there is very little to it and the graphics are not what I will likely use when launched, but if you are interested in seeing what it will look like be my guest:

http://rpgcn.com/test/Test.html

When it's done it will be a Pokemon style game but better in many ways and more suited for children AND adults (not just kids like Pokemon is). I will be using monsters from various other games and genres to, as well as some made up ones eventually. Not really interested in suggestions yet ... as I said it's a tiny example of what I am doing with it and isn't even connected to a game server yet. Just click on portions of the map to move about, or click on one of the characters moving around to "talk" to them (really they just answer with "Hello"). The bottom line of the applet will be the chat message bar, though it only echoes to yourself ... but meh.

Tell ya what.......if you're interested, I used to play a bit of D and D, as well as have quite an extensive library (Heinlein, Herbert, Ellison, Asimov, Bradbury, etc.), so, if you'd like suggestions, PM me, and we'll see what happens.

(Just cut me in on the profits when ya get famous).

Tell ya what.......if you're interested, I used to play a bit of D and D, as well as have quite an extensive library (Heinlein, Herbert, Ellison, Asimov, Bradbury, etc.), so, if you'd like suggestions, PM me, and we'll see what happens.

(Just cut me in on the profits when ya get famous).

Hmm ... never thought about what would happen if this actually became the next Pokemon ...

The first monsters will be from popular v-games like Final Fantay (1-6) and Lufia (all highly modified of course).

Oh yeah.......I'm also pretty well versed in Greek, Norse, Roman, Taoist, Zen, and other forms of theology, which means that I'm kinda familiar with some of their demons, monsters, heroes and angels.

Oh, one thing you may like that I am doing better than Pokemon (or any other "monster hunting" game really) not all monsters are caught in the same manner. Some you bribe, some you show superiority, and others you coax. I am so tired of those "beating them then tossing a ball at them" or the really bad ones "knock it out first" (anything that wants to join up after having the crap beat out of it probably isn't too smart).

Know what would be really fun? Putting clues in the form of koans.

"What is the taste of an empty bowl of rice?"

Satisfaction, or hunger.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Loneliness.

Know what would be really fun? Putting clues in the form of koans.

"What is the taste of an empty bowl of rice?"

Satisfaction, or hunger.

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Loneliness.

LOL thinking too big. Perhaps in the future soon there will be quests and such, but the primary launch will be as simplistic as other monster hunting games in plot, find the monsters, train the monsters, battle the monsters.

Hmmmm........maybe as you're training the monsters, you could introduce a nice old sensei who puts out bits of wisdom.

Already planned something of that sort. There are many different ways to obtain monsters and many you will have to use "fuzion" (combining of two monsters) to obtain, but in order to figure all this out you will have to talk to the NPCs. Also, they will be the ones to give insight in how to train the monsters well and what actions effect their personalities and how.

Anyone who enjoys my sense of humor will love the game just for that. I can't stand games that are too serious ... especially when it's about something like pet monsters.

Okay ... I took down the little test I had up ... why?

Because I am making the site now. Have a skeleton of it up so you can get a 'taste', but the best part is I already have the game server up, just need to finish enough of the site now so people can start playing the demo ... woot!

Fantasy Monsters

I took down the Witchcraft game completely, about to wipe out the entire site as soon as this one is finished. Gotta say though, I have come a long way in graphics ... though the current "site" doesn't demonstrate it well, it will ... and the game ... it's so damned pretty! (not in a girly or cutesy way, in a programming way)

i got here too late for a test site...but let me make this suggestion...i am all maternal today...well really i am pissed at the world..but i digress....

remember the old kings quest games..the first one you had to type in commands....i used that to teach my son to spell and all....had a lot of fun with it..then they went to the cursor doing the actions...i think a good simple game with the old way of spelling and typing would be a hit...(now bear in mind i havent looked a games in decades so they could be out there) but i think that is a market no one hits..they have them einstein games but what fun are they?

so far i like your page set up...go with a little more color...but i am sure when the monstors come on it pops

i got here too late for a test site...but let me make this suggestion...i am all maternal today...well really i am pissed at the world..but i digress....

remember the old kings quest games..the first one you had to type in commands....i used that to teach my son to spell and all....had a lot of fun with it..then they went to the cursor doing the actions...i think a good simple game with the old way of spelling and typing would be a hit...(now bear in mind i havent looked a games in decades so they could be out there) but i think that is a market no one hits..they have them einstein games but what fun are they?

so far i like your page set up...go with a little more color...but i am sure when the monstors come on it pops

Thanks for the criticism and compliments. I will be adding much more to it, though the demo launch (when the site can handle accounts) will not be as good as the final version. It uses mostly point and click, but has a simplistic chat built in. I like the old type command games to, but the sad fact is they are no longer popular enough and I need something that will be popular enough to eventually launch into premium accounts. Can't charge for it in the future if no one ever plays. Also, I started a text game ... people made plenty of accounts but no one ever played, so I just got rid of it yesterday to make room for this one. You can say I finally gave into the graphical craze ... being a big fan of the original Zork and such it was hard. I still am no good at making graphics so right now all the monsters will be ripped from old games as it is. At least until I spend the time to get a scanner or a few good digital artists want to form a team on this. I am a lowly programmer and web developer, normally I have all the graphics supplied by whatever company I am developing for, this one I am trying on my own though.

Forum List

Back