'Warm blob' in Pacific Ocean linked to weird weather across the US

Very interesting research.

Warm blob in Pacific Ocean linked to weird weather across the US -- ScienceDaily

An unusually warm patch of surface water, nicknamed 'the blob' when it emerged in early 2014, is part of a Pacific Ocean pattern that may be affecting everything from West Coast fisheries and water supplies to East Coast snowstorms. The blob is just one element of a broader pattern in the Pacific Ocean whose influence reaches much further -- possibly to include two bone-chilling winters in the Eastern U.S.

150409143041-large.jpg
Are you suggesting that the tornado that hit Norther Illinois did not form naturally? I'm confused on why a tornado was weird weather. Have you been in the US during the last fifty years, they have tornadoes in March, April and May timeframe. They have them in June, July, August, September and sometimes October. What is weird, can you explain?

WFT are you blathering on about?
BTW, it is WTF, gawd do you take stupid pills. Funny thing a message board, some can't grasp the use of it. Fine you Fk, you want to publish a story about weird weather and don't want to discuss, you're in the wrong application. Get somewhere where you can discuss with yourself.

I wasn't suggesting anything, dumbass. I posted a report of significant abnormal water conditions in the Pacific Northwest. What part of that did you not understand?
BTW what is meant by abnormally warm? isn't warm warm? why is it unusual?

abnormal
[ab-nawr-muh l]
adjective
not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviatingfrom a standard:
abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormalamount of snow; abnormal behavior.
extremely or excessively large:
abnormal profit.

abnormal
[ab-nawr-muh l]
adjective
not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviatingfrom a standard:
abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormalamount of snow; abnormal behavior.
extremely or excessively large:
abnormal profit.
so what's abnormal of the ocean being warm? and what weird weather is there?

You walk out your door one June morning and find that it's -45F outside your door. That would be abnormal.

You walk out the next day and it's 155F outside your door. That would be abnormal.
They are calling these temperatures abnormal because they are higher than average and, I would guess, outside 2 standard deviations of the mean.

Interestingly enough, there is a record amount of erosion happening on the Alaskan coastline, and it's because the ground up there is hoarfrost, meaning that if it gets too warm, the ice melts and it falls apart.

Several Alaskan native villages have had to be moved due to the extreme erosion.

You walk out your door one June morning and find that it's -45F outside your door. That would be abnormal.

You walk out the next day and it's 155F outside your door. That would be abnormal.
They are calling these temperatures abnormal because they are higher than average and, I would guess, outside 2 standard deviations of the mean.
If that would ever happen I doubt humans would still be alive. Like every good warmer, you go off the deep end sky falling pattern.warm oceans aren't abnormal

God almighty where do you find these people?!?!?

I was trying to explain to you what was meant by "abnormal" as you had just asked.

I was trying to explain to you what was meant by "abnormal" as you had just asked.
Well I know the definition of abnormal, I don't understand how it pertains to warm oceans. Why is that so difficult for you? As I see it, the sun's rays hit the water and the water warms as a result of that. I'm not sure why that is abnormal. You obviously believe it is. I'm merely asking why you think that and how that would cause weird weather. It will either be a El Nino or a La Nina. Both are well understood.

Well I know the definition of abnormal, I don't understand how it pertains to warm oceans. Why is that so difficult for you? As I see it, the sun's rays hit the water and the water warms as a result of that. I'm not sure why that is abnormal. You obviously believe it is. I'm merely asking why you think that and how that would cause weird weather. It will either be a El Nino or a La Nina. Both are well understood.

He thinks that the oceans have never been warmer than at present.

One: The weather patterns today have been seen many times over throughout history. So it is not weird by any means.

Two: The warm blob is the PDO turning cold and the end of the El NADA that failed and is now dispersing along the coast line just as it has done for centuries. in just a short month it will be gone as will any temperature spike that may have been aligned with it.

Three: The alarmist shills wont admit natural variation and cyclical behaviors of the earth... it is all man caused now...

Trying to reason with an alarmist is like reasoning with a rock..

One: The weather patterns today have been seen many times over throughout history. So it is not weird by any means.

Two: The warm blob is the PDO turning cold and the end of the El NADA that failed and is now dispersing along the coast line just as it has done for centuries. in just a short month it will be gone as will any temperature spike that may have been aligned with it.

Three: The alarmist shills wont admit natural variation and cyclical behaviors of the earth... it is all man caused now...

Image 25 predicts an El Nino through January, 2016.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf

A strong to very strong El Nino. Going to be an interesting year.

Image 25 predicts an El Nino through January, 2016.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf

A strong to very strong El Nino. Going to be an interesting year.
And so if it really does happen, I doubt it, but it does, so? What is it you're expecting?

Forum List

Back