War on Drugs = Mass Incarceration

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
Just watched an eye-opening, informative documentary on the History Channel called "America's War on Drugs."

The show documents the United States government’s love affair with drugs, drug cartels and drug money. According to former CIA agents, DEA agents, former drug kingpins, reporters and corporate whistle blowers, nobody in government ever took the war on drugs seriously.

Instead of treating drug addiction as a social and health problem they used it for political purposes. The war continues to feed itself because they created an enemy and instilled fear in ordinary citizens that turned Americans against each other. The divide and conquer strategy. One politician was quoted as saying, “Did we know we were lying about the drug problem when we started the War on Drugs? Of course.”

From the U.S. Army’s use of LSD for mind control experiments on soldiers, and turning a blind eye while drug cartels fly their product into the U.S., to the CIA selling discount cocaine to inner city dealers, the government has had a hypocritical relationship with drugs and built up a system of social control. They have spent trillions of dollars with no positive results and have dehumanized large portions of the American population and created mass incarceration. No one can say thank you for helping me with your war on drugs.

It was the government who funded an illegal war in Nicaragua by flooding the inner cities with illegal drugs. People who lived through it said it was like they dropped a bomb on the inner cities, decimating entire communities. The introduction of white powder was killing black people.

Then when militarized policemen came in to control the situations, they would take the drugs from the evidence lockers and sell it back to the dealers on the street. Corruption was rampant. Laws were written that would put away a street kid for 5 years for possession of 5 grams of crack. It would take 100 times that amount of cocaine for a rich, white kid to get the same 5 year sentence. It wasn’t just that more people were being locked up, but that they were being locked up for a much longer period of time.

We have even been told that the war on terrorism is about religion and ideology, when in reality, it is also about drugs and drug money. While making us fear the foreign boogeyman, the government continues to allow cartels all over the world to freely bring drugs into our country, as long as they give them some intel in return.

Pharmaceutical companies spend millions of dollars lobbying congress to make sure they are free to continue producing pain killers they know are more addictive than morphine. They spend millions on TV advertising, while other countries don’t even allow drug companies to advertise.

One whistle-blower said that they are killing us not only with illegal drugs, but also with legal drugs. The companies, she said, care only about making money for their shareholders. And I add that politicians care only about staying in office and will do and say whatever it takes to keep their positions of power and control.

Want to avoid incarceration? Mass or otherwise?

Don't break the law. Crazy right.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
In a 2013 interview with Truthout.org, linguist and political commentator Noam Chomsky said:

“The police can go to downtown Harlem and pick up a kid with a joint in the streets. But they can’t go into the elegant apartments and get a stockbroker who’s sniffing cocaine.”

Everyone breaks the law - ever speed down the highway? It's just that some folks get away with it while others get severely punished for doing the same things.

Everyone breaks the law - ever speed down the highway? It's just that some folks get away with it while others get severely punished for doing the same things.

Total bullshit. When I get a speeding ticket its because I broke the law. I knew I was doing it and I got caught. I pay my fine and proceed. Knowingly breaking a law that can land you behind bars is a different matter. Bullshit comparison.

Anyone who is in jail for a drug crime is there because they chose to be there. The technical term for people who willingly give up their freedom is "dumbass".

100% of them had a clear choice: Don't break the law and live free or break the law and run a chance of going to jail.

They chose poorly. They are not victims. They are dumbasses. No sympathy for anyone who voluntarily throws away their freedom and future for a momentary buzz.

Your attempt and portraying a dumbass as a victim is a total failure.

Total bullshit. When I get a speeding ticket its because I broke the law. I knew I was doing it and I got caught. I pay my fine and proceed. Knowingly breaking a law that can land you behind bars is a different matter. Bullshit comparison.

Anyone who is in jail for a drug crime is there because they chose to be there. The technical term for people who willingly give up their freedom is "dumbass".

100% of them had a clear choice: Don't break the law and live free or break the law and run a chance of going to jail.

They chose poorly. They are not victims. They are dumbasses. No sympathy for anyone who voluntarily throws away their freedom and future for a momentary buzz.

Your attempt and portraying a dumbass as a victim is a total failure.
I only mentioned speeding as one way people break the law. Not comparing crimes. None of us is as innocent as we claim to be.

You've missed the point - that the government is colluding with drug dealers and cartels and has been for a long time. I don't call people dumb or anything else when they have been systematically targeted by forces beyond their control. Part of the documentary said that a certain president had two enemies - the blacks and the free thinking hippies that were on LSD - they wanted everybody to tune out. So they targeted areas for large infusions of illegal drugs, then arrested the casual users - not the importers and suppliers of the drugs. Them - they colluded with the keep the supply of drugs flowing.

One of the former drug dealers said that once they picked up anybody and jailed them, they were branded as felons and could never find a legal job, thus forcing them to continue as drug dealers in order to survive.

You've missed the point

No I haven't. You are delusional.

No drug user or dealer was forced by "the government" to break the law. They knew it was illegal BEFORE they bought, sold or used the illegal substance. They chose to break the law. They chose to risk going to jail.

Choice. Personal responsibility. Accountability. Obeying the law. These terms are confusing to you.

How many people in prison now would be there if they didn't choose to violate the law? I'll help you out since you are confused: Zero.

Druggies are not victims. Here's the part of your position that requires the reader to suspend reality:

I don't call people dumb or anything else when they have been systematically targeted by forces beyond their control.

"Targeted". Entrapment. More bullshit.

Hop in your little lime green hippie time machine and swoop back to the 1970's when I was an up and coming pilot who wanted nothing more than a career in aviation--where any whiff of drugs would keep me from ever flying. You there now? OK.

Send a drug dealer EVERY DAY to offer me drugs. EVERY DAY. TARGET ME. ENTRAP ME.

Guess what. When you get back to 2017, I still wouldn't be in jail or would I have ever been in jail over an illegal drug violation because I know this super secret word: NO. Flying was more important than a momentary buzz.

Targeted? Bull. The dumbasses willingly broke the law.

Change the laws on drugs and go for it. But until they are made legal, you've got no one to blame but yourself for screwing up your life.

Targeted my ass.

The war on drugs is a total failure that's about to get ramped up to the max again under the current administration.

We are the most incarcerated nation on the planet, and trying to double down on the title.

In 1992, a group of attorneys and judges drafted a letter to appeal to the country for open and honest discussion about drug use. These legal scholars realized that the war on drugs was both non-productive and a waste of money and human lives. Although written decades ago, it is just as applicable today- perhaps even more so – that it was back then.

“Though we differ in political orientation and career experience, we unanimously observe that neither drugs nor drug abuse has been eliminated nor appreciably reduced, despite massive spending on interdiction and harsh punishments. Attempts at enforcement have clogged the courts, filled the prisons with non-predatory offenders, corrupted officials at home and abroad, bred disrespect for the law in important communities, imperiled the liberties of the people, burdened the taxpayers, impeded public health efforts to stem the spread of HIV and other infectious diseases, and brought the nation no closer to abstinence. As congress and and state legislatures enact more punitive and costly drug control measures, we conclude with alarm that the war on drugs now causes more harm than drug abuse itself.”

You will find a lot more at the following link:

Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed

I also thought you might enjoy the following assessment of the war on drugs, a war we losing and will never win.

“If I were to be scandalized by anything, it'd be a policy that exacerbates crime, especially in communities often the least able to bear it; that produces so much corruption in the ranks of those charged with enforcing it; that empowers terrorism and insurgents with easy money; that squanders immense resources trying to interdict drug shipments' that requires the erosion of property and privacy rights to sufficiently enforce it; that encourages the outright looting of the American people to pad drug-war budgets; that militarizes the police and threatens innocent citizens' lives; and that unjustly imprisons so many people for either a preference of their own taste or a crime problem created by the government in the first place

Rollback by Thomas E. Woods, p. 179; quoting Bad Trip by Miller, p. 179,180.

It is time to for all Americans to ask some brutally honest questions: How much more as a country are we willing to surrender to this lost cause? How many lives will be lost or wasted in an endless pursuit of an unattainable goal? When do we end the pain and suffering the war on drugs has caused and direct the funds used to wage it for other things: drug treatment, health care, education, shelter for the homeless and a host of other needs?

Last edited:
The war on drugs is a total failure that's about to get ramped up to the max again under the current administration.

We are the most incarcerated nation on the planet, and trying to double down on the title.

In 1992, a group of attorneys and judges drafted a letter to appeal to the country for open and honest discussion about drug use. These legal scholars realized that the war on drugs was both non-productive and a waste of money and human lives. Although written decades ago, it is just as applicable today- perhaps even more so – that it was back then.

“Though we differ in political orientation and career experience, we unanimously observe that neither drugs nor drug abuse has been eliminated nor appreciably reduced, despite massive spending on interdiction and harsh punishments. Attempts at enforcement have clogged the courts, filled the prisons with non-predatory offenders, corrupted officials at home and abroad, bred disrespect for the law in important communities, imperiled the liberties of the people, burdened the taxpayers, impeded public health efforts to stem the spread of HIV and other infectious diseases, and brought the nation no closer to abstinence. As congress and and state legislatures enact more punitive and costly drug control measures, we conclude with alarm that the war on drugs now causes more harm than drug abuse itself.”

I also thought you might enjoy the following assessment of the war on drugs, a war we losing and will never win.

“If I were to be scandalized by anything, it'd be a policy that exacerbates crime, especially in communities often the least able to bear it; that produces so much corruption in the ranks of those charged with enforcing it; that empowers terrorism and insurgents with easy money; that squanders immense resources trying to interdict drug shipments' that requires the erosion of property and privacy rights to sufficiently enforce it; that encourages the outright looting of the American people to pad drug-war budgets; that militarizes the police and threatens innocent citizens' lives; and that unjustly imprisons so many people for either a preference of their own taste or a crime problem created by the government in the first place

It is time to for all Americans to ask some brutally honest questions: How much more as a country are we willing to surrender to this lost cause? How many lives will be lost or wasted in an endless pursuit of an unattainable goal? When do we end the pain and suffering the war on drugs has caused and direct the funds used to wage it for other things: drug treatment, health care, education, shelter for the homeless and a host of other needs?

Time for the PoliticalChic 'Exemplary Plan To Eliminate Drug Usage."

1. Confiscate: arrest those with drugs, and collect the drugs.
2. Adulterate: chemically alter the drugs so that the drugs slowly turn a users skin green
3. Recirculate: Undercovers resell the altered drugs to users. The funds will pay for the plan
4. Incarcerate: finally, arrest all the green people.

Problem solved.

Thank you for this.I hope Williepete reads and comprehends it.

Just watched an eye-opening, informative documentary on the History Channel called "America's War on Drugs."

The show documents the United States government’s love affair with drugs, drug cartels and drug money. According to former CIA agents, DEA agents, former drug kingpins, reporters and corporate whistle blowers, nobody in government ever took the war on drugs seriously.

Instead of treating drug addiction as a social and health problem they used it for political purposes. The war continues to feed itself because they created an enemy and instilled fear in ordinary citizens that turned Americans against each other. The divide and conquer strategy. One politician was quoted as saying, “Did we know we were lying about the drug problem when we started the War on Drugs? Of course.”

From the U.S. Army’s use of LSD for mind control experiments on soldiers, and turning a blind eye while drug cartels fly their product into the U.S., to the CIA selling discount cocaine to inner city dealers, the government has had a hypocritical relationship with drugs and built up a system of social control. They have spent trillions of dollars with no positive results and have dehumanized large portions of the American population and created mass incarceration. No one can say thank you for helping me with your war on drugs.

It was the government who funded an illegal war in Nicaragua by flooding the inner cities with illegal drugs. People who lived through it said it was like they dropped a bomb on the inner cities, decimating entire communities. The introduction of white powder was killing black people.

Then when militarized policemen came in to control the situations, they would take the drugs from the evidence lockers and sell it back to the dealers on the street. Corruption was rampant. Laws were written that would put away a street kid for 5 years for possession of 5 grams of crack. It would take 100 times that amount of cocaine for a rich, white kid to get the same 5 year sentence. It wasn’t just that more people were being locked up, but that they were being locked up for a much longer period of time.

We have even been told that the war on terrorism is about religion and ideology, when in reality, it is also about drugs and drug money. While making us fear the foreign boogeyman, the government continues to allow cartels all over the world to freely bring drugs into our country, as long as they give them some intel in return.

Pharmaceutical companies spend millions of dollars lobbying congress to make sure they are free to continue producing pain killers they know are more addictive than morphine. They spend millions on TV advertising, while other countries don’t even allow drug companies to advertise.

One whistle-blower said that they are killing us not only with illegal drugs, but also with legal drugs. The companies, she said, care only about making money for their shareholders. And I add that politicians care only about staying in office and will do and say whatever it takes to keep their positions of power and control.
This is what George Soros wants, open boarders, all drugs legal and e,t,c.The Prescriber Limits Act of 2017 requires healthcare providers to prescribe the lowest effective dose of an opioid, aiming to reduce the number of prescribed opioids on the streets and in the medicine cabinets of individuals. This piece of legislation is crucial to preventing individuals from getting hooked on opioids, as it is well-documented that individuals who become addicted to opioids often start with prescription drugs. In addition, the Start Talking Maryland Act will increase school and community-based education and awareness efforts to continue to bring attention to the crisis and to equip the state's youth with knowledge about the deadly consequences of opioids.

The leading recipient of Soros money is the ACLU, which is so extreme that it favors the legalization of all drugs, even heroin and crack cocaine, and opposes virtually all measures taken to curtail drug use. In another example of its extremist approach, the group has rejected funds from the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations, and participation in the Combined Federal Campaign, because acceptance of the money would require adopting measures to make sure it does not employ terrorists or support terrorist activity.

Druggies are not victims. Here's the part of your position that requires the reader to suspend reality:

I don't call people dumb or anything else when they have been systematically targeted by forces beyond their control.

Hop in your little lime green hippie time machine and swoop back to the 1970's when I was an up and coming pilot who wanted nothing more than a career in aviation--where any whiff of drugs would keep me from ever flying. You there now? OK.

Send a drug dealer EVERY DAY to offer me drugs. EVERY DAY. TARGET ME. ENTRAP ME.

Guess what. When you get back to 2017, I still wouldn't be in jail or would I have ever been in jail over an illegal drug violation because I know this super secret word: NO. Flying was more important than a momentary buzz.

Change the laws on drugs and go for it. But until they are made legal, you've got no one to blame but yourself for screwing up your life.

Targeted my ass.
Good for you – you had a goal – but not everyone does – not everyone is encouraged to. Good for you – you had a dream you believed was achievable – some folks have given up on their dream because they see no possible way of making it a reality. Good for you – you saw a future for yourself – some folks do not – they see hopelessness.

Some of us seem to think that since I did it, so can “they.” But not everyone can. If everyone had the same opportunities, drive, vision and helping hands that many have, I don’t think we would have any “less fortunates.”

Perhaps that’s the reason the ruling class keeps throwing boulders onto the road of life that many travel. Perhaps they have to keep a distance between them and everyone else. After all, if everyone rose up and made it, who would pick up their trash, babysit their children, cook their food, drive their cars or mow their lawns?

Would they enjoy the “good life” as much if everyone shared in it? Or is there something about the status and power that come with wealth that makes them feel superior? Makes them feel untouchable? Makes them feel justified in ever widening the gap between them and everyone else?

It’s really all about economic fairness or lack thereof. I believe racism is a major factor in the making and passing of laws that benefit those at the top of the ladder. I believe racism is at the core of a system that teaches and preaches that greed is good, capitalism is god, and understanding and compassion are bad.

tenor.gif
In a 2013 interview with Truthout.org, linguist and political commentator Noam Chomsky said:

“The police can go to downtown Harlem and pick up a kid with a joint in the streets. But they can’t go into the elegant apartments and get a stockbroker who’s sniffing cocaine.”

Another topic about wealth versus poverty.

Targeted my ass.
Good for you – you had a goal – but not everyone does – not everyone is encouraged to. Good for you – you had a dream you believed was achievable – some folks have given up on their dream because they see no possible way of making it a reality. Good for you – you saw a future for yourself – some folks do not – they see hopelessness.

Some of us seem to think that since I did it, so can “they.” But not everyone can. If everyone had the same opportunities, drive, vision and helping hands that many have, I don’t think we would have any “less fortunates.”

Perhaps that’s the reason the ruling class keeps throwing boulders onto the road of life that many travel. Perhaps they have to keep a distance between them and everyone else. After all, if everyone rose up and made it, who would pick up their trash, babysit their children, cook their food, drive their cars or mow their lawns?

Would they enjoy the “good life” as much if everyone shared in it? Or is there something about the status and power that come with wealth that makes them feel superior? Makes them feel untouchable? Makes them feel justified in ever widening the gap between them and everyone else?

It’s really all about economic fairness or lack thereof. I believe racism is a major factor in the making and passing of laws that benefit those at the top of the ladder. I believe racism is at the core of a system that teaches and preaches that greed is good, capitalism is god, and understanding and compassion are bad.

You believe that racism is a major factor?

250fbbb8f6be098b4f732bb3e919b15e1d7363ee1ec3adbeb938a560edfe8275.jpg

Forum List

Back