War on Christmas 2014

There is still no 'war on Christmas,' and the notion is still ignorant idiocy.

... but, you will agree, I assume, that there is an attack on Christianity, right?

Why do you believe there is an attack on Christianity?

As they say, "The proof is in the pudding ..."

I think this board serves as a microcosm of society ---- currently, there are 14 pro-atheist/anti-Christianity threads, and 2 pro-Christianity threads. Anti-Christian posts are 'attacks', complete with name calling and ridicule.

Whether it's billboards or anti-Christian vandalism, there is an active current of 'attack and attack'. Can't remember the last time I saw pro-Christian vandalism. In addition, the constant hyper-sensitivity and anti-Christian rhetoric reflects the anti-Christian movement. Whether it's ridiculing redneck bible thumpers, or the president claiming the uneducated cling to their 'bible and their guns', the mood is set.

You seem to have a counting problem. On just the first screen for this area of the board alone I counted 14 threads which were purely pro-Christianity. Perhaps the issue is a bit of hyper-sensitivity?

You mean you actually found a pro-Christian thread on here where atheists didn't come in and do exactly what was described in SC's post? Where is it? I've never seen one thread go without ridicule on here, ever.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize we are talking about exclusive threads, just threads that were pro-Christian. By your standards there are no threads either way because (and I understand this is a horrible thing) both sides of the issue have the ability to express themselves. So if there is an attack on Christianity, then there is also an attack on Atheism. And an attack on Islam, Science, the democratic and republican parties, food stamps, gun control and the list just goes on an on. There is not a single thread on this entire board that is not an attack on something. So maybe people need to grow a skin for find another past time.

I get a laugh every time I come in here because it was a liberal atheist that started this 'war on Christmas' thread, real Christians could care less what you guys think or what you do, it has zero effect on anything I do. But amusing to think that you guys see it differently. lol

Fox News sure thinks there's a war on Christmas.

Good for them, Fox News is an entity, not a person.

Bill O'Reilly is a person....I think.

Bill O'Reilly is not Fox News... you people are as obsessed with Fox News as you are with Christmas... monkey hear, monkey see, monkey do I suppose...

... but, you will agree, I assume, that there is an attack on Christianity, right?

I think this board serves as a microcosm of society ---- currently, there are 14 pro-atheist/anti-Christianity threads, and 2 pro-Christianity threads. Anti-Christian posts are 'attacks', complete with name calling and ridicule.

Whether it's billboards or anti-Christian vandalism, there is an active current of 'attack and attack'. Can't remember the last time I saw pro-Christian vandalism. In addition, the constant hyper-sensitivity and anti-Christian rhetoric reflects the anti-Christian movement. Whether it's ridiculing redneck bible thumpers, or the president claiming the uneducated cling to their 'bible and their guns', the mood is set.

You seem to have a counting problem. On just the first screen for this area of the board alone I counted 14 threads which were purely pro-Christianity. Perhaps the issue is a bit of hyper-sensitivity?

You mean you actually found a pro-Christian thread on here where atheists didn't come in and do exactly what was described in SC's post? Where is it? I've never seen one thread go without ridicule on here, ever.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize we are talking about exclusive threads, just threads that were pro-Christian. By your standards there are no threads either way because (and I understand this is a horrible thing) both sides of the issue have the ability to express themselves. So if there is an attack on Christianity, then there is also an attack on Atheism. And an attack on Islam, Science, the democratic and republican parties, food stamps, gun control and the list just goes on an on. There is not a single thread on this entire board that is not an attack on something. So maybe people need to grow a skin for find another past time.

Most topics in here are up for debate, but debate is not what the people who harass in this area of the board do. I could start a thread wanting a conversation with other Christians about topics that only Christians would care to talk about, but it would be filled with hate within the first two pages. Why bother?

Most topics in here are up for debate, but debate is not what the people who harass in this area of the board do. I could start a thread wanting a conversation with other Christians about topics that only Christians would care to talk about, but it would be filled with hate within the first two pages. Why bother?

If you want to do that then you need to go to the appropriate forum, not a debate forum. If you do it in a debate forum you have no one but yourself to blame when there is a debate. If I want to have a conversation with other Buddhists, I don't go to a meeting of the Knights of Columbus expecting to find it. So grow a skin or find another past time.

I get a laugh every time I come in here because it was a liberal atheist that started this 'war on Christmas' thread, real Christians could care less what you guys think or what you do, it has zero effect on anything I do. But amusing to think that you guys see it differently. lol

Bill O'Reilly is not Fox News... you people are as obsessed with Fox News as you are with Christmas... monkey hear, monkey see, monkey do I suppose...

Bill O'Reilly is a popular Fox News pundit, and the War on Christmas is not a new topic for Fox to air.

If you want to do that then you need to go to the appropriate forum, not a debate forum. If you do it in a debate forum you have no one but yourself to blame when there is a debate. If I want to have a conversation with other Buddhists, I don't go to a meeting of the Knights of Columbus expecting to find it. So grow a skin or find another past time.

Which part of DEBATE, don't you get? That's not what these people who come in here to spew hate do, they don't debate, all they do is belittle, condescend, call people stupid, ad nauseum. Since when is any of that 'debate'? It's not.

Bill O'Reilly is a popular Fox News pundit, and the War on Christmas is not a new topic for Fox to air.

Why don't you take it up with Bill O'Reilly and Fox News then? You, an atheist started the topic, so you're the only one here apparently worried about it, not anyone else.

Sorry to interrupt -------uhm----war on Christmas.
???? is that a declared war against Christmas.
Has an act of war been committed by the
Enemies of Christmas?-----can someone tell
me the place and nature of the attack or event?.
The war has not yet hit my area. We have lots of
wars here----but never involving christmas

Which part of DEBATE, don't you get? That's not what these people who come in here to spew hate do, they don't debate, all they do is belittle, condescend, call people stupid, ad nauseum. Since when is any of that 'debate'? It's not.

Yeah, free speech is hell. What you are complaining about happens, but it isn't one sided by any means. If you don't like the way someone posts, don't read their posts. It's a self-inflicted injury.

Yeah, free speech is hell. What you are complaining about happens, but it isn't one sided by any means. If you don't like the way someone posts, don't read their posts. It's a self-inflicted injury.

All we're doing here is going in circles. The statement that I made at the beginning still stands, nothing you've said negates it. Ridicule is not debate.

All we're doing here is going in circles. The statement that I made at the beginning still stands, nothing you've said negates it. Ridicule is not debate.

The claim was made that there were all these anti-Christian threads and hardly any pro-Christian. I pointed out that was not the case. You object to this because they aren't exclusive. So I really don't care if your statement stands or not, because its a childish statement. If you don't want both sides involved, go to a forum which does not allow it. If you don't like some people's posting style, put them on ignore. If you don't want to do either, stop whining about it. This is the nature of the board, grow a skin or go away.

You can now consider the circles ended, because its boring.

The claim was made that there were all these anti-Christian threads and hardly any pro-Christian. I pointed out that was not the case. You object to this because they aren't exclusive. So I really don't care if your statement stands or not, because its a childish statement. If you don't want both sides involved, go to a forum which does not allow it. If you don't like some people's posting style, put them on ignore. If you don't want to do either, stop whining about it. This is the nature of the board, grow a skin or go away.

You can now consider the circles ended, because its boring.

Childish statement? lol Did you find a thread that's 'pro-Christian'? Cause I haven't seen you link it yet.

I like how your goal posts keep moving... we went from 'debate' to 'both sides involved' when I pointed out that there isn't any debate on the atheist side, just ridicule. Anywhere else you'd like to move them too?

Maybe you're the one that needs to grow a skin? I'm not the one running away. Do you know what irony means? lmao

OOOOOHHH!!!! it's not "ANTI CHRISTMAS"------it's
"ANTI CHRISTIAN" sheeeesh I have been sooo
confused. ok ok ----I got it------what "anti Christian" statement got posted------just give me the gist of it

Why don't you take it up with Bill O'Reilly and Fox News then? You, an atheist started the topic, so you're the only one here apparently worried about it, not anyone else.
WRONG

There is a thread on this every year because..... well..... Bill O'Reilly at Fox creates the drama about it every year to keep the hate & fear alive in their largest demographic- white, mostly male, xenophobes..

Bill O Reilly declares victory in the War on Christmas - Yahoo News

“I've been doing this for about 10 years

Last edited:
Three days left....Can Christmas be defeated?

Only FoxNews can save it

Where have you been? Its not just Bill O'Reilly, the War on Christmas is one of the main themes over at Fox this time of year, and they've been doing this for years now.

Obsessed? I don't think so. Are you obsessed over every topic you start a thread about? Don't be ridiculous.

Forum List

Back