Walmart is raising its minimum wage and handing out tax cut bonuses

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by shockedcanadian, Jan 11, 2018.

1. BS Filter

BS Filter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,481
    I heard about it long before you posted it. Go pick a fight with someone on you own level, a retarded glow worm. G'nite.

2. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +42,224
    I wasn't posting for you. Actually I never even heard of you until you came yammering in with a hissyfit. Sorry to be the one to break this but the solar system actually does not spin around you. K?

Know what I do when I see something posted that I already know about?

Nothing.

Duh.

3. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,691
    /----/ Ahhhh the hypocrisy of the Leftards:
    Pelosi slams company bonuses as 'crumbs' despite once praising $40 tax cut
    House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday slammed President Trump’s tax reform that led to companies giving as large as $2,000 bonuses as “crumbs,” despite praising Obama-era $40 tax cut to workers as a “victory for America” in 2011.
    Pelosi slams company bonuses as 'crumbs' despite once praising $40 tax cut

4. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +967
    It's only for the new hire. If you started 2 years ago, you would probably have started at 10 an hour. In two years, you would have received two 40 cent raises. That means that the new hire is now making more than the 2 year employee. 11 an hour sounds real good but it's going to be for 20 hours or less a week. Every time Walley World gets caught up with some bad press, they always use this ruse. Bad Press happens every year from Walley Worlds world.

Another reason they are doing this is that Target has already increased to 11 an hour but have given the people working for them that are not new hires a raise to compensate. Target has already announced that later on, they are increasing new hires to 15 an hour. It appears Target has gone after the decent workers that are currently with Walmart and Walley World is using the same time old scam to make themselves look better than they are and trying poorly to retain those workers.

There is a saying I came up with decades ago. If you are going to pay minimum wage, you will get minimum workers doing minimum work.

5. Daryl Hunt

Daryl Hunt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +967
    Did I mention that that raise is only for the Metro Area Jobs? The Metro jobs usually pays anywhere from 1 to 2 bucks more an hour than the smaller towns. For instance, Denver and Grand Junction have a current starting pay of 10 an hour. But Glenwood Springs has a starting wage of 9. It costs much more to live in Glenwood Springs than either Denver or Grand Junction. Also, did they leave out that the annual bonuses that are given directly connected with profit and loss?

Now, let's look at Avon, Colorado Walmart. It's about 5 miles outside of Vail, Co, a major ski resort area. They still pay the 9 bucks an hour. But they don't really care about the extreme cost of living there for the employees. You think NYC has a high rent, you never tried to live around Vail. The primary worker is a H-1B employee from either south of the border which are spanish speakers or West Africa which are French Speakers. Many don't even speak english at all. They sleep 15 to a room in shifts. The general attitude of the Management is, "If you don't like it you can go home". Most stay the year and go back home. They save in ways that would make your head spin so they can have money to return and get a good start in their own country. The Avon Store is one of the most profitable Walmarts in creation. They could afford to pay much more but won't. And the workers won't see on thin dime of that 11 bucks an hour.