Wallingford police called after Nazi, Confederate merchandise found at flea market

Marianne

Diamond Member
May 15, 2014
The frozen Northeast
WALLINGFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Over the weekend, Wallingford police were dispatched after someone called them to say there was a merchant selling Nazi and Confederate memorabilia at flea market, which some had found deeply offensive. The police chief says no one was arrested because no laws were broken; the items were being sold on private property.

It’s not clear if the items that were being sold were authentic, but they’re easy to find in Connecticut. Military Specialties, Inc. in Newington sells a variety of historical military objects, including those produced by the Third Reich and Confederate reproductions.

“It’s here and you’re likely to see it,” said co-owner William Moore. “If you want, we’ll talk to you about it and give you the history about it.”

Moore says he supports the caller who dialed up police and is sympathetic to what they felt. As a dealer of commodities with a controversial past, he can see both sides.

“This is America, you can buy and sell whatever you care to,” said Moore.

Police say the mayor’s office is looking into a complaint made over the incident.

Wallingford police called after Nazi Confederate merchandise found at flea market

I have no doubt the person filing the complaint was a libtard with a sense of entitlement. This country needs to have a national lesson on the Constitution because some people(mostly the left) don't seem to understand it.

Wow, so now it's come to the point that if you even have some memorabilia from the the Confederacy, some people believe you should be hauled off to jail ?
Holy shit, that is ridiculous ! There are millions of Confederate items around the country in the hands of collectors, some people actually believe that's illegal, or should be ?

WALLINGFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — Over the weekend, Wallingford police were dispatched after someone called them to say there was a merchant selling Nazi and Confederate memorabilia at flea market, which some had found deeply offensive. The police chief says no one was arrested because no laws were broken; the items were being sold on private property.

It’s not clear if the items that were being sold were authentic, but they’re easy to find in Connecticut. Military Specialties, Inc. in Newington sells a variety of historical military objects, including those produced by the Third Reich and Confederate reproductions.

“It’s here and you’re likely to see it,” said co-owner William Moore. “If you want, we’ll talk to you about it and give you the history about it.”

Moore says he supports the caller who dialed up police and is sympathetic to what they felt. As a dealer of commodities with a controversial past, he can see both sides.

“This is America, you can buy and sell whatever you care to,” said Moore.

Police say the mayor’s office is looking into a complaint made over the incident.

Wallingford police called after Nazi Confederate merchandise found at flea market
WTF??? Another moron totalitarian minded asshole calling the police. For what? The merchant should have asked him if it were OK to sell maybe?Everybody get offended about every fucking thing one can think of. These type of SOBs want to control everything.

Wow, so now it's come to the point that if you even have some memorabilia from the the Confederacy, some people believe you should be hauled off to jail ?
Holy shit, that is ridiculous ! There are millions of Confederate items around the country in the hands of collectors, some people actually believe that's illegal, or should be ?
Yep, they sure do...

I have no doubt the person filing the complaint was a libtard with a sense of entitlement. This country needs to have a national lesson on the Constitution because some people(mostly the left) don't seem to understand it.
So, no one should of been arrested. Nazi is not a bad word.
Nobody was arrested because owning Nazi and Confederate memorabilia isn't a crime. I can fly a Nazi flag in the front yard if I want too.

Oh can you only imagine, your windows would be egged and your house toilet papered, if you did.

So somewhere in Wallingford, Connecticut, nothing happened. Great story.

You completely missed the point. It's not that nothing happened, something is happening and it's not good. With all the BS over flying the confederate flag people seem to think they can impose their beliefs on other people. The fact that someone was so ignorant of someone's else's Constitutional rights says a lot. The general consensus is that if it offends someone it should disappear. We are becoming Hyper sensitive.

I could take this a step further and say that liberals don't seem to think that they have to consider anyone else if it offends them and their agenda. It's a dangerous mindset. "I don't like that so you have to take it down" attitude is becoming prevalent and this article is an proof of that. Another example is the Confederate flag and Nazi' memorabilia bad and needs to be removed but fly gay pride flags and rainbow up the white house, regardless that a considerable amount of the country(mostly conservative) disagrees with it, that's OK fuck their feelings. What happens if a Conservative wins the White House in 2016? Do liberals want to be treated the same way they are treating conservatives? Could happen.

they should jail the people who called for that stupid shit

take away a police officer from a rape, murder, home invasion over some FLAG

seriously. I'm pretty sure people are getting sick and tired of this already

but hey, Elections coming up and you see what party is PUSHING THIS O US. KEEP NOTES FOLKS

Nobody was arrested because owning Nazi and Confederate memorabilia isn't a crime. I can fly a Nazi flag in the front yard if I want too.

Oh can you only imagine, your windows would be egged and your house toilet papered, if you did.
It's an example I wouldn't actually do it. Regardless people do have that right and also have the right not to be assaulted. Anyone caught egging the house would be arrested. The Nazi flag isn't against the law but property damage.

Yep, that's why are we in such a bad shape sliding down the slope and accelerating.

how do you know, Penelope? I have been to flea markets in my part of the USA where the selling and buying of Nazi memorabilia was very brisk-----no one
objects-----some people laughed----but no one EGGED anything. -------you still wear that metal helmet with the POINTY thing on top when you jerk off? What happened to your iron cross-------do not worry----your gynecologist can remove it

I've always suspected my neighbors from California to be closet confederates.

I'm going over to their house to borrow a cup of sugar and snoop around while I'm over there. If I spot anything confederishy, I'll turn them in to the authorities.

I bet I'll get a good citizen award.

We all need to train our children to be on the lookout when they are over at their friends houses playing. Teach them early to report all suspicious items.

So somewhere in Wallingford, Connecticut, nothing happened. Great story.

You completely missed the point. It's not that nothing happened, something is happening and it's not good. With all the BS over flying the confederate flag people seem to think they can impose their beliefs on other people. The fact that someone was so ignorant of someone's else's Constitutional rights says a lot. The general consensus is that if it offends someone it should disappear. We are becoming Hyper sensitive.

I could take this a step further and say that liberals don't seem to think that they have to consider anyone else if it offends them and their agenda. It's a dangerous mindset. "I don't like that so you have to take it down" attitude is becoming prevalent and this article is an proof of that. Another example is the Confederate flag and Nazi' memorabilia bad and needs to be removed but fly gay pride flags and rainbow up the white house, regardless that a considerable amount of the country(mostly conservative) disagrees with it, that's OK fuck their feelings. What happens if a Conservative wins the White House in 2016? Do liberals want to be treated the same way they are treating conservatives? Could happen.
What would a conservative try to do to liberals if they were elected to the White House? Most of the things conservatives WANT to do to liberals are completely unconstitutional. So I'm not sure what you're worried about.

It was also perfectly constitutional for the person in your OP to be selling his items. So follow the constitution, and you'll be just fine. :thup:

they should jail the people who called for that stupid shit

take away a police officer from a rape, murder, home invasion over some FLAG

seriously. I'm pretty sure people are getting sick and tired of this already

but hey, Elections coming up and you see what party is PUSHING THIS O US. KEEP NOTES FOLKS

That's something Libs don't seem to understand, this will no doubt cause backlash. Conservatives will show up in record numbers to make sure they don't keep their control of the White House. I don't need to keep notes. I'm conservative by party but when I step into the voting booth I become an independent. I'll vote for whoever I think will do the best job for America and if I don't like the Conservative choice I will vote outside my party. Doesn't happen too often but it has happened. After watching the Democrats go ape shit the last 8 years they have 0 chance of getting my vote in 2016. I know I'm not alone.

Forum List

Back