Wall Street VS. OWS: Who's Winning This War?

Wall Steet VS. OWS: Who's Winning This War?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm voting for wall street obviously, but the OWS movement isn't dead yet.... its just really cold outside right now in New York. I think the movement really has brought politics into the life of much of the ignorant masses, especially college students as I've been seeing it become a hot talking point for people of all ages. I think the movement will be back in the spring and it couldn't be at a better time with the elections coming up. Regardless, it's not like they were going to have an impact that fast to tear down wall street and change the widespread corruption through out our government.

Cold? if they really believed in what they were doing they would be outside no matter what the temperature is, did the freedom riders skip going to the south because of the southern humidity and heat?:confused:
The Freedom Riders were motivated by actual discrimination and risked actual reprisals, like lynchings.

The OWS, on the other hand, will eventually peter out like any good temper tantrum.

What they are protesting for must not really mean much, if all it took was cold weather to get everyone off the streets. Thank god the Freedom riders were tougher and didn't buckle that easy.

I'm voting for wall street obviously, but the OWS movement isn't dead yet.... its just really cold outside right now in New York. I think the movement really has brought politics into the life of much of the ignorant masses, especially college students as I've been seeing it become a hot talking point for people of all ages. I think the movement will be back in the spring and it couldn't be at a better time with the elections coming up. Regardless, it's not like they were going to have an impact that fast to tear down wall street and change the widespread corruption through out our government.

Cold? if they really believed in what they were doing they would be outside no matter what the temperature is, did the freedom riders skip going to the south because of the southern humidity and heat?:confused:
Fair weather revolutionaries. :lol:

At their heart, OWS is anarchy. Democrats find anarchy useful in helping to destroy the republicans. They'll deal with anarchy against democrats later. Right now they are unmatched as a tool. If you look at the progression of events, the democrats have seized and hooked themselves to OWS, not the other way around.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4061-foden20111026-1month-stand20111025080357.jpg

Well,it looks like Wall Street is going to win this one pretty easily.

And i predict a shift and transformation here at USMB as well. I suspect the old OWS nutters will now be back here posing as joyous cheerleaders for Wall Street. They'll be boasting excitedly about those recent positive Wall Street numbers. Now that OWS is dead,they will need to use Wall Street gains to make their Messiah look better. So,do they hate Wall Street or do they love Wall Street? Who knows? They don't even know.

And apparently the HuffyPoop and MSLSD haven't helped them with that either. Their Talking-Points make no sense at this point. They're so confused & inconsistent. Anyway,stick around because i'm sure you'll be seeing some of that OWS to Wall Street Cheerleader transformation taking place. It should be fun. :)

Last edited:
And i predict a shift here at USMB as well. I suspect the old OWS nutters will now be back here posing as joyous cheerleaders for Wall Street. They'll be boasting excitedly about those recent positive Wall Street numbers. Now that OWS is dead,they will need to use Wall Street gains to make their Messiah look better. So,do they hate Wall Street or do they love Wall Street? Who knows? They don't even know. And apparently the HuffyPoop and MSLSD haven't helped them with that either. Their Talking-Points make no sense at this point. They're so confusing & inconsistent. Anyway,stick around because i'm sure you'll be seeing some of that OWS to Wall Street Cheerleader transformation taking place. It should be fun. :)

They need to get their asses back out there in the streets and start protesting, I don't care if its too cold, if you are gonna be out there protesting for a message it shouldn't matter what the weather is like outside. They are all a bunch of pussies if all it took was some cold weather to get them off the streets.

And i predict a shift here at USMB as well. I suspect the old OWS nutters will now be back here posing as joyous cheerleaders for Wall Street. They'll be boasting excitedly about those recent positive Wall Street numbers. Now that OWS is dead,they will need to use Wall Street gains to make their Messiah look better. So,do they hate Wall Street or do they love Wall Street? Who knows? They don't even know. And apparently the HuffyPoop and MSLSD haven't helped them with that either. Their Talking-Points make no sense at this point. They're so confusing & inconsistent. Anyway,stick around because i'm sure you'll be seeing some of that OWS to Wall Street Cheerleader transformation taking place. It should be fun. :)

They need to get their asses back out there in the streets and start protesting, I don't care if its too cold, if you are gonna be out there protesting for a message it shouldn't matter what the weather is like outside. They are all a bunch of pussies if all it took was some cold weather to get them off the streets.
I think they should all get trophies for participating, though. I mean, we can't totally wreck their self esteem!

It's all over. OWS is dead. I've already seen this transformation from OWS nutter to joyous Wall Street Cheerleader taking place on this board. These people are so confused. They just can't get their Talking-Points straight. So hang around a bit and i'm sure you'll see this transformation in action. Funny stuff. :)

Last edited:
In this Wall Street/OWS War,who is winning? Wall Street is boasting about their recent big gains while OWS is boasting about having a big impact and hurting Wall Street. But what do you think?
Who exactly is "boasting about having a big impact and hurting wall street"?

Nobody.

Damn! don't you boys ever get tired of beating straw men?

Maybe you forgot about the claims they made about Bank of America charging for debit cards?

OWS claimed they won, but in reality, we cosumer sheeple won that battle without sleeping in the park, repeat our "dear leader", or store crap to fight the police with!

All we had to do was maintain our hygene and tell Bank of America "If you do that, I am changing banks!" Is not Capitalism wonderful? Also, we did not have to ba--ba--brag about that either!!

In this Wall Street/OWS War,who is winning? Wall Street is boasting about their recent big gains while OWS is boasting about having a big impact and hurting Wall Street. But what do you think?
Who exactly is "boasting about having a big impact and hurting wall street"?

Nobody.

Damn! don't you boys ever get tired of beating straw men?

Maybe you forgot about the claims they made about Bank of America charging for debit cards?

OWS claimed they won, but in reality, we cosumer sheeple won that battle without sleeping in the park, repeat our "dear leader", or store crap to fight the police with!

All we had to do was maintain our hygene and tell Bank of America "If you do that, I am changing banks!" Is not Capitalism wonderful? Also, we did not have to ba--ba--brag about that either!!

BAM! :dance:

OWS is dead simply because they have faded. No one is paying attention to them anymore.

Maybe their plans for asymetrical warfare will get them back on the front page.

I think they should all get trophies for participating, though. I mean, we can't totally wreck their self esteem!

Those punk ass kids are soft as hell, what a damn shame. Have the nerve to start protesting and shitting on cop cars and than run inside when it gets a little cold.

OWS is dead simply because they have faded. No one is paying attention to them anymore.

Maybe their plans for asymetrical warfare will get them back on the front page.

Oh the Liberal Press will still fawn all over them but they're still basically done. Most common sense thinking OWS-Democrats have already received their new Talking-Points. They are to now become big Wall Street Cheerleaders. They need to undergo a transformation from OWS nutter to joyous Wall Street Cheerleader. Those are the new orders. They believe positive Wall Street gains will make their guy in the White House look better. So look for this transformation to take place any day now. Pay close attention to this Board and you'll see it. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Those punk ass kids are soft as hell, what a damn shame. Have the nerve to start protesting and shitting on cop cars and than run inside when it gets a little cold.
No kidding. They didn't even achieve WTO protest standards. Hell, I could at least respect those punks a little for putting up a fight.

I don't hear anything about that OWS bunch.
Last I heard they were trying to close the Port of Oakland
I think that's been it...

They got bored,the movement lost their interest...
They went to play with another "shiny" thing that caught their eye
whatever that may be.
The strategy was a weak one, and they had no real guidence or leadership as proven, and especially they had no end game to their fast created un-organized madness or chaos. If they would have been organized and better understood at what their purpose would have been (to attack specific greedy individuals head on), but to do it in a far more structured and crafty way (calling for specific peoples heads in the matters), then they may have gotten many more important people on board with them (thus gaining strength in those types of numbers as gained), and by this they would have had a better understanding about just how to go about what it is that they were trying to get at, in which would have pin-pointed their actions much more effectively. Staying all nigtht was a huge mistake, and it burnt them and their message out quickly..

Now they are just a rag tag bunch trying to hang together down to the last man (yet being easily picked off by athorities in each state more affectively now), meanwhile their direction and cause has been shattered and scattered to say the least. Recently I saw where they had charged three Swedish Bankers for hiding American wealth for some Americans, and this was done for the Americans so they wouldn't have to pay the taxes on that money, so the cause is still on going for those seeking justice in it all.. Now what the so called occupiers need to do, is to support the system and people who are going after these bad cats in the proper ways, by getting behind those who are seeking justice from a lawful, lawsuit bringing, justice standpoint and/or view, in order to get their justice as well in this way when teaming up with justice, in which is the only way to fly.

Hopefully they made a good point though in it all, and that they scared the mess out of the next wanna be crooks coming in from the next generation of greedy crooks, who are still yet to come, and hopefully in far less numbers now. There was a culture of corruption going for sure, and it was getting (or) had gotten way out of hand, thus leaving this nation in almost ruins near about for many, especially the lower middle class workforce, in which has sparked off many movements, and a new over blown government seeking vengence (to cover it's butt), in it all ?

Who will ultimately be the blame in the end I wonder for it all, the private sector or the government?

Will the general election be about the blame game still, and I wonder who will prevail with the strongest message of inocence finally ? If the feds are covering or have been covering (owning the most blame), will they be to strong to pin it on in the end ?

OWS is defeated. And even many Democrats know this. The ones with common sense are quickly becoming 'former' OWS nutters. It's all about the Wall Street love now.

It's still all about fraud for those who don't swallow every steaming pile Wall Street dumps on their plate.

"As Matt Taibbi has alleged, a good part of the mortgage market has in a sense been operated as a giant criminal enterprise. However, a recent landmark ruling in a Kansas Supreme Court case seems to have given millions of distressed homeowners the legal wedge they need to avoid foreclosure..."

William Black was a central figure in exposing the congressional corruption during the Savings & Loan looting of the late 80s, and he thinks the latest examples of Wall Street control fraud is essentially a big Ponzi scheme:

"This economic and financial meltdown originated from, and is even now being driven by, fraud, says Black. Massive fraud. The essence of fraud is, 'I gain your trust so as to get you to give me something of value on the promise that I will provide something of greater value for you, and then I betray your trust.'

"And there's no more effective way to destroy trust in an entire society than by way of fraud systemically perpetrated by top elites.

"Sadly, that's exactly what we have happening in America today, he says."

OpEdNews - Article: Wall Street theft on a scale unimagined, and Obama wants to keep it covered up

It's still all about fraud for those who don't swallow every steaming pile Wall Street dumps on their plate.

"As Matt Taibbi has alleged, a good part of the mortgage market has in a sense been operated as a giant criminal enterprise. However, a recent landmark ruling in a Kansas Supreme Court case seems to have given millions of distressed homeowners the legal wedge they need to avoid foreclosure..."

William Black was a central figure in exposing the congressional corruption during the Savings & Loan looting of the late 80s, and he thinks the latest examples of Wall Street control fraud is essentially a big Ponzi scheme:

"This economic and financial meltdown originated from, and is even now being driven by, fraud, says Black. Massive fraud. The essence of fraud is, 'I gain your trust so as to get you to give me something of value on the promise that I will provide something of greater value for you, and then I betray your trust.'

"And there's no more effective way to destroy trust in an entire society than by way of fraud systemically perpetrated by top elites.

"Sadly, that's exactly what we have happening in America today, he says."

OpEdNews - Article: Wall Street theft on a scale unimagined, and Obama wants to keep it covered up

There were people demonstrating about this very issue at the Occupy Baltimore demonstration.
See my image Making a Statement on "Black Friday"

Forum List

Back