Walking with the Enemy

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is the story of one courageous man who risked his life to save one Jew and then later many more! How he managed to do this will fascinate the reader! I have always believed that one person could make a difference and this mans story proves the point! His decision to do something is truly inspirational! Truly an amazing story of how saving the life of one friend led to saving the lives of many! He was literally risking his life every hour of the day to save his people. His name was Pinchas Rosenbaum and he was a Jew. A righteous Jew!

Walking with the Enemy

His Most Dangerous Mission

In an interview with Aish.com, Pinchas’ son Moshe described his father’s most dangerous mission. Pinchas heard from Nazi soldiers that they had orders to arrest Frankle, a prominent Jewish leader, that very day. Fankle and Pinchas knew each other from their B’nei Akiva days as children. That would pose a risk of the acquaintance inadvertently revealing Pinchas’ true identity. It would be especially hard to avoid with such a short time window.

Pinchas was forced to make a decision. To save this one Jew, he would need to risk his life, and with it, the ability to save thousands of others.

He decided to go ahead with the mission to save this old friend. He arrived at the building in his Nazi uniform and asked the doormen for Frankle’s apartment number. “Where is the dirty Jew Frankle?” To Pinchas’ misfortune, another doorman was present when he knocked on Frankle’s door.

When Frankle opened the door, Pinchas was forced to play the part of a Nazi to the fullest. As he was being arrested, Frankle said, “Pinchas! What are you doing?”

With the non-Jewish, Hungarian doorman looking on, Pinchas thought his identity was blown. He yelled at his old friend, verbally abusing him until he understood to play along.

In another incident, Pinchas arrested a Hassidic family. The mother, father, and children cried hysterically with fear. The child of the family, a survivor still living in Brooklyn, says that Pinchas could not bear the sight of their misery. He broke character and whispered in Yiddish: “Ich bein a Yid--I am a Jew.”
Please read this amazing story...... In light of what has already taken place in the past, and looking at the rise of anti semitism in the world today, how can the average person be an adovocate to speak out against anti-semitism so that history does not repeat itself?

[MENTION=45621]1776[/MENTION] , [MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION] , [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION] [MENTION=20411]ForeverYoung436[/MENTION] , [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17047]Godboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46353]GreenBean[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35577]MJB12741[/MENTION] , [MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17668]Peach[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39618]proudveteran06[/MENTION] , [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35716]SAYIT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=50178]Sgt_Gath[/MENTION] , [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29246]The Irish Ram[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39069]toastman[/MENTION] , [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION] , [MENTION=49464]teddyearp[/MENTION] [MENTION=49398]Slyhunter[/MENTION] [MENTION=13789]angel[/MENTION]icaT [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] [MENTION=46133]Indeependent[/MENTION] [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]@Phoenall,@Bloodrock [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION],@GISMY, @RetiredGSgt [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=35553]aris2chat[/MENTION] [MENTION=50165]ChrisL[/MENTION],

Last edited:
This is the story of one courageous man who risked his life to save one Jew and then later many more! How he managed to do this with fascinate the reader! I have always believed that one person could make a difference and this mans story proves the point! His decision to do something is truly inspirational! Truly an amazing story of how saving the life of one friend led to saving the lives of many!

Walking with the Enemy

In an interview with Aish.com, Pinchas’ son Moshe described his father’s most dangerous mission. Pinchas heard from Nazi soldiers that they had orders to arrest Frankle, a prominent Jewish leader, that very day. Fankle and Pinchas knew each other from their B’nei Akiva days as children. That would pose a risk of the acquaintance inadvertently revealing Pinchas’ true identity. It would be especially hard to avoid with such a short time window.

Pinchas was forced to make a decision. To save this one Jew, he would need to risk his life, and with it, the ability to save thousands of others.

He decided to go ahead with the mission to save this old friend. He arrived at the building in his Nazi uniform and asked the doormen for Frankle’s apartment number. “Where is the dirty Jew Frankle?” To Pinchas’ misfortune, another doorman was present when he knocked on Frankle’s door.

When Frankle opened the door, Pinchas was forced to play the part of a Nazi to the fullest. As he was being arrested, Frankle said, “Pinchas! What are you doing?”

With the non-Jewish, Hungarian doorman looking on, Pinchas thought his identity was blown. He yelled at his old friend, verbally abusing him until he understood to play along.

In another incident, Pinchas arrested a Hassidic family. The mother, father, and children cried hysterically with fear. The child of the family, a survivor still living in Brooklyn, says that Pinchas could not bear the sight of their misery. He broke character and whispered in Yiddish: “Ich bein a Yid--I am a Jew.”
Please read this amazing story...... In light of what has already taken place in the past, and looking at the rise of anti semitism in the world today, how can the average person be an adovocate to speak out against anti-semitism so that history does not repeat itself?

[MENTION=45621]1776[/MENTION] , [MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION] , [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION] [MENTION=20411]ForeverYoung436[/MENTION] , [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17047]Godboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46353]GreenBean[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35577]MJB12741[/MENTION] , [MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17668]Peach[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39618]proudveteran06[/MENTION] , [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35716]SAYIT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=50178]Sgt_Gath[/MENTION] , [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29246]The Irish Ram[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39069]toastman[/MENTION] , [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION] , [MENTION=49464]teddyearp[/MENTION] [MENTION=49398]Slyhunter[/MENTION] [MENTION=13789]angel[/MENTION]icaT [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] [MENTION=46133]Indeependent[/MENTION] [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]@Phoenall,@Bloodrock [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION],@GISMY, @RetiredGSgt [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=35553]aris2chat[/MENTION] [MENTION=50165]ChrisL[/MENTION],

Thanks! Sounds fascinating.

Good to see you tonight, ChrisL! Here is a trailer from the 2014 release of the movie!

[ame=http://youtu.be/k8IONzhQ87s]WALKING WITH THE ENEMY Official Trailer (2014) Ben Kingsley [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Walking with the Enemy" is based on the true story of Pinchas Tibor Rosenbaum (1923-1980), the son of a rabbi who was ordained a rabbi himself at the age of 18. I had never heard of Pinchas Rosenbaum before seeing director and co-writer Mark Schmidt's historical drama, and the actual story is even more intense than the film allows. Pinchas became so heavily involved in the Hungarian Jewish youth organization dedicated to saving Jews from the Nazis that by age 22, he was risking his life every hour of the day for the sake of his people.

http://ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/walking-enemy-shines-light-little-known-world-war-ii-story

Last edited:
This is the story of one courageous man who risked his life to save one Jew and then later many more! How he managed to do this with fascinate the reader! I have always believed that one person could make a difference and this mans story proves the point! His decision to do something is truly inspirational! Truly an amazing story of how saving the life of one friend led to saving the lives of many!

Walking with the Enemy

Thank you. Reminders are necessary.

It's always about the Jews with you people. Jooz, Jooz, Jooz, and more Jooz. It's kind of pathetic actually. I mean you people put "Judeo" before "Christian" now, LOL.

Yes, Peach, they are! Because the holocaust is not something that we can forget about! We can never forget about it! History is screaming at us today at the top of its lungs do not forget! Never forget! We have to do something! I see the rise of anti-semitism happening in my own generation! I wasn't born in the forties! By the time I was born the war was over and I never heard discussions about much later in my life! I want to be a part of stopping this rise of anti-semitism and I believe awareness is one way it can be done. Most definitely. I feel compelled to speak up!

It's always about the Jews with you people. Jooz, Jooz, Jooz, and more Jooz. It's kind of pathetic actually. I mean you people put "Judeo" before "Christian" now, LOL.

I do not know if you visited The Interesting Questionaire thread, R.C. so let me explain something to you. We do our best to stay on topic and not make comments like the one you just made. Okay? Let us be respectful towards each other. You see me making the effort so please do the same. Thank you.

My response to you is this is a very serious subject and extremely important so let's address it that way.

[ame=http://youtu.be/-rALR_6-26g]Walking with the Enemy Full Movie in HD 1280p! 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

Heroes often are made when a "regular guy" undertakes to do something very dangerous to him personally in order to do what is right. This story involves Jewish people under assault by the Third Reich. I wonder whether we will be witness to similar stories arising from the current persecution of christians by the muslim animals beheading children, crucifying their fathers, and forcing their mothers into sexual slavery?

Have you ever wondered why the alleged majority of "peaceful" muslims are not up in arms, condemning these acts of pure evil in the name of their religion?

[ame=http://youtu.be/MtmpHP1FkTM]Holocaust Survivor Testimony: Ephraim Agmon - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, Peach, they are! Because the holocaust is not something that we can forget about! We can never forget about it! History is screaming at us today at the top of its lungs do not forget! Never forget! We have to do something! I see the rise of anti-semitism happening in my own generation! I wasn't born in the forties! By the time I was born the war was over and I never heard discussions about much later in my life! I want to be a part of stopping this rise of anti-semitism and I believe awareness is one way it can be done. Most definitely. I feel compelled to speak up!

One sure and very valid way is to realize that a lot of the anti-semitism, that exits is instigated by Muslim jihadist lunatics, who can't stand it that there is a non-Muslim state (Israel) in their midst. Just look at the anti-semitic, anit-Israel protests shown on the news. We're seeing an awful lot of beards and hijabs. Even a few niqabs. Not much mystery about who and what these people are.

[ame=http://youtu.be/deVRV_2W1FA]Holocaust Survivor Testimonies: Munkács Under Hungarian Rule - YouTube[/ame]

I think we can all be comforted with the fact that God has a plan and we know the plan will come to fruition. There will be enough Pinchas' or Esther's when the time comes.

Both! The Hamans are even now inside the gate! We'll need Both!!

Isn't the Old Testament the Hebrew Bible? Makes sense to say Judeo-Christian.

Forum List

Back