Wal Mart workers threaten walkout on Black Friday

Walmart Workers Threaten Black Friday Action - ABC News

I would love that! I have been to wal mart on Black Friday its a damn mad house....Wal Mart does treat its workers like shit my wife has worked there twice only good thing about it is you can transfer to different stores.

Anyone who buys into the black Friday mob mentality simply to buy a stupid toy deserves to be trampled to death.

Sane people stay away from stores and buy their shit on line
I know I will never do it again...just ain't worth it.

Overall wal mart pays low wages,keeps you under 40 hours so as not to give you benefits and any hint of dissent is immediately suppressed...maybe union is not the answer but something needs to be done.
Manager neighbor works more hours than I do Tire Ted works 40 and he and his wife (who works as a teacher) pay their mortgage in our townhouse section in this nice neighborhood...

McDonalds pays low, Sears pays low, ALL KINDS OF FOOD SERVICE AND RETAIL PAY LOW

Not in a free country it does not...

Dissent at most any company is suppressed.. even the GOVERNMENT

idiot

Then they are the minority. My wife with over 2 years experience in the deli at most has made 8.90$ an hour...how the hell is that a livable wage? Oh and at most 38 hours a week...can't have your workers actually being full time now can ya.

Wal Mart will have no trouble hiring other workers. They just need to begin the identification of those intending to walk out, fire them, the rest will get the message.

You support wal marts horrible policies?

Then stop working deli... train.. start leading.. ANYTHING.. anyone can work a slicer.. it does not take a degree or a skill that is hard to learn.. I would not pay a slicer and sandwich maker more than that either... no offense, but that is reality

Wal Mart will have no trouble hiring other workers. They just need to begin the identification of those intending to walk out, fire them, the rest will get the message.

Are you a manager somewhere? Firing them preemptively would entitle them to unemployment. Only a moron would do this.

Wait until they they do something that constitutes as job abandonment, which is firable in nearly every retail chain and then can them.

Unemployment costs employers big money every year. I wouldn't want you at the top making decisions if I were a shareholder.

More realistically, you would fire key agitators and eat the pittance in unemployment. It is better than having a walk out on the busiest day of the year and firing entire stores of personnel for job abandonment and trying to hire people when the last minute has passed.

Think ahead.

Walmart Workers Threaten Black Friday Action - ABC News

I would love that! I have been to wal mart on Black Friday its a damn mad house....Wal Mart does treat its workers like shit my wife has worked there twice only good thing about it is you can transfer to different stores.

Anyone who buys into the black Friday mob mentality simply to buy a stupid toy deserves to be trampled to death.

Manager neighbor works more hours than I do Tire Ted works 40 and he and his wife (who works as a teacher) pay their mortgage in our townhouse section in this nice neighborhood...

McDonalds pays low, Sears pays low, ALL KINDS OF FOOD SERVICE AND RETAIL PAY LOW

Not in a free country it does not...

Dissent at most any company is suppressed.. even the GOVERNMENT

idiot

Then they are the minority. My wife with over 2 years experience in the deli at most has made 8.90$ an hour...how the hell is that a livable wage? Oh and at most 38 hours a week...can't have your workers actually being full time now can ya.

If they are so horrible then why do people work there?

As I said no one is forcing anyone to work at Walmart.

No slight to anyone in particular least of all Dissent's wife but just what is worth more than $8.90 working in a deli dept. Slicing cold cuts, putiing coleslaw in a container...what is Walmart supposed to pay and still make a profit?

it always amazes me those condemning Walmart yet don't attack Target which both pay about the same (though Walmarts bonuses are bigger than Targets) and yet Walmart offers much better health benefits of which even part time workers are able to get.

it always amazes me those condemning Walmart yet don't attack Target which both pay about the same (though Walmarts bonuses are bigger than Targets) and yet Walmart offers much better health benefits of which even part time workers are able to get.

Ask the Libtards where they shop instead of Walmart, and many will say... Target!

LOL

Overall wal mart pays low wages,keeps you under 40 hours so as not to give you benefits and any hint of dissent is immediately suppressed...maybe union is not the answer but something needs to be done.
just like bones said, they are main street destroyers.
i do most of my shopping on line....but you can find real savings at walmart if you dont care that in the long run walmart has put thousands out of jobs and changed the small town forever....walmart destroyed main street...

try to buy american this holiday....i know its hard but try

Which holiday?

The one that is approaching :mad: :eusa_wall:

Are you a manager somewhere? Firing them preemptively would entitle them to unemployment. Only a moron would do this.

Wait until they they do something that constitutes as job abandonment, which is firable in nearly every retail chain and then can them.

Unemployment costs employers big money every year. I wouldn't want you at the top making decisions if I were a shareholder.

More realistically, you would fire key agitators and eat the pittance in unemployment. It is better than having a walk out on the busiest day of the year and firing entire stores of personnel for job abandonment and trying to hire people when the last minute has passed.

Think ahead.

No reason to. Realistically, who walks without a union in the face of forfeiting unemployment? Especially in retail where having a number of employees is common. When I was in retail there were more people than enough to keep employees from even approaching a 40 hour work week. Unemployment for 20-30 hours on a Walmart wage would probably translate to >200 weekly. Even these people know they can't live off that.

Walmart isn't being indifferent by not firing these people, they know they have the power in this case. With seasonal hiring already in effect at Walmart, "who needs these clowns" is the attitude so why take the unemployment hit at all.

link? What are these "benefits". Keep in mind that many are only offered P/T positions so the benefits consist of 30% off at the wally world lunch counter.

hmmmm -

For the time being, however, Wal-Mart remains the No. 1 target for union organizers, largely because of its size. The company employs 1.7 million people worldwide and is the nation’s largest private employer. Its sales totaled $285 billion in 2005, more than the combined revenue of Target, Sears and Costco.

Two national groups have sprouted up over the past nine months that have a single purpose — to reform Wal-Mart...

Union groups have to focus on Wal-Mart because until the nation’s largest retailer alters its labor practices, companies like Target will have no incentive to change, Blank added.

“No one here is excusing Target or anyone else for failing to live up to its responsibilities to its workers,” Blank said. “But how do you change these very large companies? You have to go after the source of the problem, and that’s still Wal-Mart.”
so, attacking Walmart is more beneficial to the unions due to the numbers it employees. Who gives a damn they pay fair wages, and good benefits without the union.
Target vs. Walmart
published in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune in 2005

actually that is a lie. They also give benefits to part timers. They offer the same health benefits to their part time employees as they do their full time.

No one is forcing people to work at Walmart. If people don't like the pay, the hours or the benefits they can find another job.

ummm..... no they can't. When Wally World comes to town, the small local businesses are forced to shutter their business' because they can't compete w/ Wally World's business model- cheap products from Red China sold at low prices/high volume.

link? What are these "benefits". Keep in mind that many are only offered P/T positions so the benefits consist of 30% off at the wally world lunch counter.

actually no. Read up for my link.

actually that is a lie. They also give benefits to part timers. They offer the same health benefits to their part time employees as they do their full time.

well then. A link should be easy for you to provide :)

No slight to anyone in particular least of all Dissent's wife but just what is worth more than $8.90 working in a deli dept. Slicing cold cuts, putiing coleslaw in a container...what is Walmart supposed to pay and still make a profit?

They should pay like all other companies based on experience. When she started there it was 7.65$ then she was given a raise to 8.05$. We moved and she got a job at another wal mart and they started her at 8.90$ but she was never given a raise...we barely made ends meet so she really had no way to go to college like she wants because that mean's cutting back hours to go and that means less money to pay bills etc...life is hard on everyone understandable but wal mart is like a cannibal just waiting to pounce on high school graduates who can't find work and they put them to work just like they do the slave labor in China and overseas plants...people who work for wal mart do so because they come in push the small stores out of business and then people have no choice but to work for them.

Ask the Libtards where they shop instead of Walmart, and many will say... Target!

LOL

My personal experiences working for both were horrible, but like anything it varies. I was acknowledged frequently as a great employee but I always felt taken advantage of with both companies. I quit Wal-mart when I was asked to help a customer move furniture to his or her vehicle when I wasn't in that department.

Target I quit just because management was incompetent.

Wally gets a bad rap because of the documentary and because of the lawsuit involving lower average wages for women doing the same jobs. The case hasn't gotten real traction but it's still negative publicity.

No one is forcing people to work at Walmart. If people don't like the pay, the hours or the benefits they can find another job.

ummm..... no they can't. When Wally World comes to town, the small local businesses are forced to shutter their business' because they can't compete w/ Wally World's business model- cheap products from Red China sold at low prices/high volume.

The local businesses your are talking about sell cheap products from Red China at high prices/low volume.

Which is better for the consumer?

My wife worked for wal mart for 2 years and never got benefits.

Forum List

Back