Wake up to Domestic Surveillance

Discussion in 'Congress' started by flacaltenn, May 20, 2015.

1. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,847
    Flacaltenn, Rosie is Jewish. She doesn't have any little Nazi friends.

2. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,631
    Jeremiah Flacaltenn is angry with me because I posted
    "too much" about the development of "the caliphate" ---last summer. He said I am obsessed with a very trivial issue, THUS he baits me

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Book of Jeremiah

Book of Jeremiah Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,847
    He missed you. He's just excited to be back, Rosie.

4. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,631
    yes----I know----but I am playing ----COOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,612
    nice to talk with you again jeremiah... Boolean algebra is a tool for encryption. So you probably remember that correctly. The type of data mining being done here is more in the realm of artificial intelligience and machine learning. May be unfortunate that our most advanced use of those things is not to cure cancer or reduce the cost of healthcare,, but to give the government the ability to track our every move or utterance.

6. Treeshepherd

Treeshepherd Grandidierite Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,881
    To me, it's not primarily about catching the bad guys, though that's an aspect of domestic surveillance. One Nation Under Surveillance is primarily about building profiles of individuals, communities, states and the nation as a whole in order to scientifically market bullshit policies, celebrity politicians and 'humanitarian' wars.

The science of neuromarketing is about measuring brain activity in response to propaganda. Data mining is where you get the source data. Now, campaign slogans are engineered in a laboratory, for all intents and purposes. Used together, resistance is futile, the USA will be assimilated. Remember, in a democracy, you only have to convince a majority.

Of course, if the administration doesn't like a particular journalist, they can digitally go back in time and find something to bust them on. They can certainly find a journalist's sources because everyone communicates electronically. Pretty soon, nobody is talking. If Snowden hadn't spilled, NSA domestic spying would still be chalked up to be a conspiracy theory. But for that he can never return to the US, so we're really entering a time of government control over speech.

We're building the Panopticon.

7. Delta4Embassy

Delta4Embassy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,224
    GIven how readily Americans volunteer intimate details of their private lives on FB, Youtube, and other networking sites, I don't think the government spying on them phases them as much as doing so would have a generation ago.

Plus, if you're not doing anything wrong anyway...:)

8. Treeshepherd

Treeshepherd Grandidierite Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,881
    I think that's true. If you were to ask someone 20 years ago if they would willingly pay for a device which tracks their every movement and uploads that info to a database owned by a company which shares the data with government, they would have said, "Hell, no". Today, they all have iPhones or Androids.

If you ask someone today if they'd be willing to have that device installed on their brains, most would say no. In the future, people will be lining up around the block if they haven't already pre-ordered the latest iBrain.

9. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,612
    Before I started seeing the blatant in your face abuse of government agencies that has expanded over the past couple decades, I might agree with you. As kids we would innocently that "It's a free country" I'll do that if i please. But when the IRS is targeting political speech and referring cases to the BATF or FBI, I'm not so sure that being "innocent" is an adequate protection. Just speaking out about this worries me as I have some past history as a contractor to many government 3 letter agencies. You can see that that statement alone would instantly VOID MY innocence and potentially place me in jeopardy. There are THOUSANDS of stories of folks caught up in asset confiscation, botched raids, and mistaken charges to make REASONABLE folk worry about surveillance by machines on this awesome scale.

2nd issue is the COLLUSION that has and will occur when PRIVATE CORPORATIONS are coerced and rewarded for cooperation without public record. Verizon collecting my whereabouts is not a threat. Verizon providing access to their network under terms not publically disclosed to the NSA is a threat. Especially if money is used to reimburse them for the help....

BTW -- If you have a garage -- you have bomb making materials in that garage. If you deposit a check for over $10,000 -- you are a blip on the radar. If you send a risque selfie, your govt might actually have it.

As TreeGuy says --- none of this is actually proportional to the actual terrorist threat used to justify this MASSIVE effort. It's the wet dream of the big govt types to MAKE those connections and use them to advance political agendas of all types.

10. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,631
    oh gee I am ok no selfies ---no big time checks------just comments DA CALIPHATE IS A BIG PROBLEM