Waiting for Europa

I stand by the science. We have evidence of one event and one life form. Sorry if that scares you.

You should look at your fears and superstitions and try to overcome them. It is a fascinating inquiry. Why are you so terrified of this idea that, even with zero evidence of an altrrnative, you are totally invested in these speculative theories?

I’ll try a more conciliatory tack....I think I am well versed in the subject but maybe I have missed something. Is there a paper out there, peer reviewed, that advances a theory as to why life only appears by evidence to be unique in origin but actually isn’t? I would absolutely read it.
Nice attempt at distraction, but let's get back to what you said.

You are claiming that our having observed only one instance of life in the universe is evidence that there is exactly one instance of life in the universe.

This is absurd, as many have pointed out. Your entire argument rests on this absurd and false premise, and you are holding an empty bag.

Yeah I knew asking for peer reviewed evidence would send you over the edge :)
Science a distraction?

The neat thing is, we just don't know.

There are an estimated one billion trillion stars in the observable universe. Plus, over the 13 billion years or so of its existence, it's possible that the universe has seen many advanced civilizations come and go. And, of course, it's also possible that there are countless universes.

With those facts in hand, I have no doubt there's a lot going on out there. But that's just me
What if we are nothing more than God's video game, and those infinite stars were only created for our observation and nothing more.

None of this speculation matters since it is and will always be impossible for Man to go there.

I stand by the science. We have evidence of one event and one life form. Sorry if that scares you.
So far.

That excites me.

You know, if you think about it, finding the genesis of life would be as exciting and awe inspiring as finding an alien life. And we know we are not searching for something that doesn't exist.

So far.

That excites me.

You know, if you think about it, finding the genesis of life would be as exciting and awe inspiring as finding an alien life. And we know we are not searching for something that doesn't exist.
Hey, I'll take any new discoveries.

So far.

That excites me.

Any new discovery will keep me awake for weeks reading it. But it wont be alien life....sorry.

So far.

That excites me.

Any new discovery will keep me awake for weeks reading it. But it wont be alien life....sorry.
Okie doke. I don't know how someone can possibly claim to know, but that's fine.

So far.

That excites me.

Okie doke. I don't know how someone can possibly claim to know, but that's fine.

When I see it I will say I was wrong. Dont expect to have to though.

So far.

That excites me.

Agreed, most likely not in our lifetime, sadly.

I'll remain hopeful, though.

We have evidence of one event and one life form
Which is in no way evidence for ONLY one event, by any stretch of logic. To say so is absurd. I think you know this, but I think that you are having fun acting like a fool.

You should look at your fears and superstitions and try to overcome them. It is a fascinating inquiry. Why are you so terrified of this idea that, even with zero evidence of an altrrnative, you are totally invested in these speculative theories?

I’ll try a more conciliatory tack....I think I am well versed in the subject but maybe I have missed something. Is there a paper out there, peer reviewed, that advances a theory as to why life only appears by evidence to be unique in origin but actually isn’t? I would absolutely read it.

You are claiming that our having observed only one instance of life in the universe is evidence that there is exactly one instance of life in the universe.

This is absurd, as many have pointed out. Your entire argument rests on this absurd and false premise, and you are holding an empty bag.

Science a distraction?
Evidence...of what?

Stop declaring victory, you embarrass yourself to do so.

Science a distraction?

I have peer reviewed the above post and am in complete agreement

We have Consensus!

There was one origin of life.

There is only one type of life that has survived to current day.

We don’t know about alternative forms of life that were cut short before they developed further.

The Miller -Urey experiment from the ‘50s has demonstrated unequivocally that organic molecules are relatively easy to create under a wide range of conditions.

Interesting. But organic molecules are not life. Did Millers organic molecules ever grow up and reproduce?

Some of the results of Miller-Urey are proteinogenic molecules that spontaneously assemble in protein chains similar to those in the oldest sections or our RNA.
And there has been some very interesting work done with proto-cells.

It is possible we could be directly exploring the planets of the Alpha Centauri system in a scant 20 years. If we had the will.

Breakthrough Starshot - Wikipedia

Starchip enterprise

Breakthrough Initiatives

Looks like they even have the problem of erosion well in hand.

Interstellar probes will be eroded on the way to Alpha Centauri

It is possible we could be directly exploring the planets of the Alpha Centauri system in a scant 20 years. If we had the will.

Breakthrough Starshot - Wikipedia

Starchip enterprise

Breakthrough Initiatives

Looks like they even have the problem of erosion well in hand.

Interstellar probes will be eroded on the way to Alpha Centauri

Do we really want to advertise our presence to potentially hostile space aliens?

latest

Forum List

Back