I was thinking of this today, what's the point of a college education, with you tube / internet ???

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I ran into a problem with a Cummings generator and I have really never delt with them..i just googled it and used you tube and found the solution..

There is a huge difference between having knowledge of facts, and the ability to understand concepts.

Not to mention innovation requires a lot more than just being able to regurgitate facts.

There is a huge difference between having knowledge of facts, and the ability to understand concepts.

Not to mention innovation requires a lot more than just being able to regurgitate facts.

Their is a huge difference between knowledge and wisdom. .

But that's not the point of my thread ..i have been finding out when I have a problem the past 8 years with industrial machinery or took a simple part time job as a apartment maintenance guy..all I have to do is you tube it or Google it the schematics how some other guy or girl fixed the problem..

I ran into a problem with a Cummings generator and I have really never delt with them..i just googled it and used you tube and found the solution..
Somebody gotta be smart enough to post the video. Might as well be you so study.

Agree with Lewdog. Clearly YouTube and duh Googles don't teach how to think.

Bull shit colleges don't teach you how to think they teach you what to think..

Does colleges professors just say you tube a problem?

Somebody gotta be smart enough to post the video. Might as well be you so study.

Dude don't even fuck with me as a 53 year old on fixing machinery you couldn't even hold my tool belt.

I understand they teaches English.

Any good edumacation should be teaching how to think. What to think is your own elective, but you'll need the tools to get there.

If anything teaches what to think it would be TV.

I am thinking more and more college is becoming obsolete , except for sports..

Dude don't even fuck with me as a 53 year old on fixing machinery you couldn't even hold my tool belt.

53? Good god man you look 85.
Kind of a troll post girl.

Any good edumacation should be teaching how to think. What to think is your own elective, but you'll need the tools to get there.

That's obsolete also, do you still write in cursive...?

A serious question here is the internet making college obsolete?

But of coarse. Learned it under pain of nun torture, damn right I do.

And I can type too.

I can fix anything , program and robotics on the market ..and with the internet and you tube..well nothing I can't fix..you can go to message boards and find out how others fix it, down load manual books, wiring schematics , hydraulic schematics.

But of coarse. Learned it under pain of nun torture, damn right I do.

And I can type too.

Yea but you didn work 14 hours today.

I can fix anything , program and robotics on the market ..and with the internet and you tube..well nothing I can't fix..you can go to message boards and find out how others fix it, down load manual books, wiring schematics , hydraulic schematics.

Yabbut you don't really go to college to learn to fix things.

Forum List

Back