Wait....when it is too hot, solar panels do not work efficiently? But...isn't being in the sun their selling point? The left..get it wrong again....

elektra said:
got to use coal to build that giant steel tower, got to use coal to make the fiberglass, got to use coal to make the cement, the rebar, the copper.
Why? All you actually need it electricity and that can come from all kinds of sources.
Because there is no method to create the tremendous amount of heat with electricity alone. If you are making polysilicon or steel, fiberglass or cement. All require fossil fuels.

Do I have to link, for you, Crick? Or can you take my word, that it is impossible to make a solar panel or a wind turbine without a fossil fuel?

Because there is no method to create the tremendous amount of heat with electricity alone. If you are making polysilicon or steel, fiberglass or cement. All require fossil fuels.
Wrong

SSAB is revolutionizing steelmaking with two unique steels with virtually zero fossil carbon emission - paving the way for a greener future.

In modern fiberglass manufacturing the batch is melted either by gas or oil or by electricity.

Polysilicon is melted in clean-room conditions, typically with RF. Not fossil fuels.

Do I have to link, for you, Crick?
Yes, you do.
Or can you take my word
You have done nothing to earn such trust.
that it is impossible to make a solar panel or a wind turbine without a fossil fuel?
It is unlikely at present to do so, but it is entirely possible and will soon become the norm.

And, again, the amount of fuel used to manufacture a wind turbine or a solar panel is absolutely inconsequential in comparison to the fuel such technologies will PREVENT from being burned for energy during their lifetimes.

I dont have to prove that a 900ft tall wind turbine, that tens of thousands of them, increased our use of coal. It is obvious and common sense.

got to use coal to build that giant steel tower, got to use coal to make the fiberglass, got to use coal to make the cement, the rebar, the copper.

But you dont need to use coal to cut down the rainforest for the balsa wood
If it's obvious
You should be able to prove your claims.
So prove them
Just as I did.

If it's obvious
You should be able to prove your claims.
So prove them
Just as I did.
you did not prove anything.

So, you are asking for proof that you must use coal to make steel and fiberglass, as well as coal? Seriously, you have zero idea that those three items, require coal to be manufactured?

How many trillions are we spending on drilling, transporting and cleaning up fossils?
there is a difference, between the government spending trillions on renewables/alternatives/sustainable (incorrect names), and consumers buying gas or electricity.

And, Solar and Wind increased drilling for oil, the use of fossils, so those trillions you ask about, a disproportionate amount is consumed make solar panels and wind turbines.

It's a good indicator of pseudo-science when someone asserts they "don't have to prove" something, that it's "common sense". And, in case any of you have difficulty with the term "pseudo-science" you can freely substitute the term "bullshit".

Why? All you actually need it electricity and that can come from all kinds of sources.

You do if the coal is underneath it fool
fine, i said a 900 ft wind turbine increased our use of fossil fuels, because it takes fossil fuels to make a 900 ft wind turbine.

Tell us in your own words, building something so large does not increase the use of fossil fuels.

fine, i said a 900 ft wind turbine increased our use of fossil fuels, because it takes fossil fuels to make a 900 ft wind turbine.

Tell us in your own words, building something so large does not increase the use of fossil fuels.
Let's say I build something that takes a hundred barrels of oil to manufacture, but that during its lifespan will prevent a million barrels of oil from being burned. What's the net result?

Last edited:
Let's say I build something that takes a hundred barrels of oil to manufacture, but that during its lifespan will prevent a million barrels of oil from being burned. What's the net result?
That is not solar or wind power, nice strawman argument.

Why not stick with facts and begin by stating how much oil it does take to make one wind turbine or one solar panel.

You like data and facts, why not start with real facts, not some stupid analogy, we have the real world at our fingertips, we do not have to make stuff up.

Start by describing the heavy industry that builds solar panels and wind turbines.

That is not solar or wind power, nice strawman argument.

Why not stick with facts and begin by stating how much oil it does take to make one wind turbine or one solar panel.

You like data and facts, why not start with real facts, not some stupid analogy, we have the real world at our fingertips, we do not have to make stuff up.

Start by describing the heavy industry that builds solar panels and wind turbines.

In case this needs explaining: those repaid costs would include all the required energy

Last edited:
you did not prove anything.

So, you are asking for proof that you must use coal to make steel and fiberglass, as well as coal? Seriously, you have zero idea that those three items, require coal to be manufactured?
No.
YOUR claim is that the use of coal INCREASES with the implementation of solar/wind energies.
Prove it.

there is a difference, between the government spending trillions on renewables/alternatives/sustainable (incorrect names), and consumers buying gas or electricity.

And, Solar and Wind increased drilling for oil, the use of fossils, so those trillions you ask about, a disproportionate amount is consumed make solar panels and wind turbines.
Prove it.

common sense proves it, you are building something that is 100,000 times larger than any single power plant, how can that not increase the use of coal
Then it should be easy to provide documentation demonstrating the truth of your "common sense"

YOUR rules.

you have no idea what a solar panel is, technically?
you have no idea, what a wind turbine is?
you have no idea the size and amount that are required?
you have no idea of the cost?

prove it, already have, over and over,
Not even once.
PROVE IT.
I did.
Your rules

Not even once.
PROVE IT.
I did.
Your rules

join in whenever you like

Forum List