Wages go DOWN after Trump's corporate welfare

Frank the Tank

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2017
In a surprise to almost nobody, Trump's $1.5 trillion tax cut from last year has NOT translated into wage growth for the average person.
Workers’ wages fall after passage of GOP tax cuts

Wages grew FASTER under Barack Obama:

2015 Wages increased 2.6%
2016 Wages increased 1.7%
2017 Wages increased 0.5%
(tax cut passed)
2018 Wages DECREASED 0.1%

Gee, you mean to tell me that Trump and Republicans lied about 'trickle down economics' (again)....you mean corporate welfare does NOT translate to higher wages? We're SHOCKED? No we aren't.....

Good news? We at least exploded the deficit to get lower wages, right?! YIPPEE????????????????????????????????

More "great news"....Trump's trade war is causing inflation and job losses in the country. I guess we're seeing the brilliant financial "genius" of a guy who went bankrupt 6 times.

In a surprise to almost nobody, Trump's $1.5 trillion tax cut from last year has NOT translated into wage growth for the average person.

(tax cut passed)

Gee, you mean to tell me that Trump and Republicans lied about 'trickle down economics' (again)....you mean corporate welfare does NOT translate to higher wages? We're SHOCKED? No we aren't.....

Good news? We at least exploded the deficit to get lower wages, right?! YIPPEE????????????????????????????????

More "great news"....Trump's trade war is causing inflation and job losses in the country. I guess we're seeing the brilliant financial "genius" of a guy who went bankrupt 6 times.
ThinkProgress is a site for gullible leftwing morons.

99_zpsfllgbhoj.gif~original

It's not about "corporate welfare", it's about slack in the system. We're going to find that, since the Meltdown, a shocking number of people were under-employed, and that kept pressure on wages down in the aggregate.

The question is, given the influence of technology and productivity, and the massive shifting of required skillsets, whether we'll be able to get out of this.

Last edited:

(tax cut passed)

Right...we "gullible morons" who believe statistics, data, and evidence. You, on the other hand, believe the word of a moron who doesn't even have the interests of the country at heart (even with evidence proving him wrong).

Thank you for verifying your ignorance...publicly.

It's not about "corporate welfare", it's about slack in the system. We're going to find that, since the Meltdown, a shocking number of people were under-employed, and that kept pressure on wages down in the aggregate.

The question is whether we'll be able to get out of this.

I agree, in part of what you're saying. It seems to make sense that if we're going to explode the deficit for tax cuts, it is abjectly foolish to concentrate them all at the top. If we would focus tax cuts in the middle and for small businesses, those cuts would return back to the economy and legitimately pay for themselves. Blank checks to the top has never worked...this is just more evidence of this.

(tax cut passed)

Right...we "gullible morons" who believe statistics, data, and evidence. You, on the other hand, believe the word of a moron who doesn't even have the interests of the country at heart (even with evidence proving him wrong).

Do you ever post anything that's actually true? It amazes me how many brainwashed douchebags like you come through this forum.

Agreed...which is why if we're going to explode the deficit for tax cuts, it is abjectly foolish to concentrate them all at the top. If we would focus tax cuts in the middle and for small businesses, those cuts would return back to the economy and legitimately pay for themselves. Blank checks to the top has never worked...this is just more evidence of this.
I would have cut corporate tax rates and added four new, higher individual tax rate margins, up to 54.9%. Then I would kicked out the AMT and added a METR (my term), Minimum Effective Tax Rate, for both individual and corporate, so that people and corporations can only write off so much.

This blind slashing of taxes is, well, blind. Watch that deficit explode.

Agreed...which is why if we're going to explode the deficit for tax cuts, it is abjectly foolish to concentrate them all at the top. If we would focus tax cuts in the middle and for small businesses, those cuts would return back to the economy and legitimately pay for themselves. Blank checks to the top has never worked...this is just more evidence of this.
I would have cut corporate tax rates and added four new, higher individual tax rate margins, up to 54.9%. Then I would kicked out the AMT and added a METR (my term), Minimum Effective Tax Rate, for both individual and corporate, so that people and corporations can only write off so much.

It was bizarre timing, as well. During the Obama Administration, when we were fighting back from the financial crisis, investment then was needed......however, Republicans consistently fought against (even small business tax cuts) and said every investment had to be revenue neutral. Now, with full control of the government, the whole "revenue neutral" thing was flushed down the toilet.

It was bizarre timing, as well. During the Obama Administration, when we were fighting back from the financial crisis, investment then was needed......however, Republicans consistently fought against (even small business tax cuts) and said every investment had to be revenue neutral. Now, with full control of the government, the whole "revenue neutral" thing was flushed down the toilet.
Sure. Much of the GOP is driven by this libertarian notion of cut, cut, cut on the tax end, and then they turn a blind eye to what they're spending, blaming someone else.

They've been badly mis-led by the wrong voices.

Government spending is not "investment." It's pissing money down the sewer. I don't recall Republicans fighting against any cuts for small business. I don't recall the Dims proposing any tax cuts, ever. Nothing you post bears the slightest resemblance to a fact.

Government spending is not "investment." It's pissing money down the sewer. I don't recall Republicans fighting against any cuts for small business. I don't recall the Dims proposing any tax cuts, ever. Nothing you post bears the slightest resemblance to a fact.
Show us you're serious. Cut spending first, then taxes.

Let's see if you're able to get enough libertarians elected to do that. Let's see if they can get elected when they have to specify cuts.

Be responsible. Spending, then taxes.

Let's see if you're able to get enough libertarians elected to do that. Let's see if they can get elected when they have to specify cuts.

The fact that my agenda won't pass isn't proof that I'm not serious. However, it's irrefutable that Frank the Tank is a sleazy lying douchebag.

The fact that my agenda won't pass isn't proof that I'm not serious. However, it's irrefutable that Frank the Tank is a sleazy lying douchebag.
Great. I'm just asking for some responsible leadership for a change, as opposed to shallow sloganeering.

Let's see how many people you can get elected when they have to get specific on spending cuts.

Then, once the cuts are in place, lower those taxes. Responsible.

(tax cut passed)

Do you ever post anything that's actually true? It amazes me how many brainwashed douchebags like you come through this forum.

Sure dimwit....it isn't true because you say it isn't? (sigh) Boring......your method of "arguing" stopped being effective in 2nd Grade.

You troglodytes don't even know what "government spending" is. Government spending absolutely can be an "investment" for Christ sake. When the government "spends" on its police force (for example), it is investing in the safety of the populace AND that money is then spent in the general economy.

It isn't surprising you don't "recall Republicans fighting against any cuts"......because you obviously don't watch real news sources nor are you interested in using your computer for anything other that right wing propaganda or porn.
Obama proposal would cut corporate taxes, boost spending

Good God you people are stupid.

YAWN...sure sonny, you haven't refuted anything I've posted (other than calling me pejorative ____________). But, in the Trump world.....I guess that's "arguing"?

(tax cut passed)

We will have to go back to the day where the top tax bracket was 70%, before Reagan. Hopefully when the Dems get in, they will do this.

(tax cut passed)

LOL! You always resort to name calling just like POTUS. Lame.

New Topics

Forum List

Back