Wagan PowerDome Plex

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I bought one of these for 200 dollars and I have a question about it. The factory answered the question when I emailed them but I don't believe them. This is it:

9125oBZNu3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91CT-lNqjNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's a jump box, with an air compressor, 2 110 volt AC outlets, 1 DC outlet, a radio, usb port and a light. What I question is this, the manual says to charge it for 48 hours before using it but Saturday when I got it I started charging it and after about 4 hours the charge indicator went from red to green meaning it was charged. Also the built in volt meter shows it is charged to 13.5 volts. And when the charge light was red, after a few hours the charger was warm to the touch.

Now, I've had it charging all day and the light has been green all day and the charger is room temperature. I think it's charged, plus, it has an over charge protection circuit in it so you can't over charge it. The factory says go ahead and charge it 48 hours. What do you think? Is it charged or not? I can't see how it can be charging more with the charger not even being warm.

I bought one of these for 200 dollars and I have a question about it. The factory answered the question when I emailed them but I don't believe them. This is it:

It's a jump box, with an air compressor, 2 110 volt AC outlets, 1 DC outlet, a radio, usb port and a light. What I question is this, the manual says to charge it for 48 hours before using it but Saturday when I got it I started charging it and after about 4 hours the charge indicator went from red to green meaning it was charged. Also the built in volt meter shows it is charged to 13.5 volts. And when the charge light was red, after a few hours the charger was warm to the touch.

Now, I've had it charging all day and the light has been green all day and the charger is room temperature. I think it's charged, plus, it has an over charge protection circuit in it so you can't over charge it. The factory says go ahead and charge it 48 hours. What do you think? Is it charged or not? I can't see how it can be charging more with the charger not even being warm.
The battery probably already had some charge on it.

How many Amp Hours is the battery?

• Banned
The battery probably already had some charge on it.

How many Amp Hours is the battery?
Edit:
Ok, that's 1000 peak amp, regular is 350 amps. Sorry.

Last edited:

most rechargable batteries work on a memory, meaning that if you dont fully charge it and/or charge it before it gets low or just keep it on charge all the time the battery loses a percentage of use over time and shortens the usable time,,

best thing to do is not charge it until it gets down below 50% and then fully charge it,, there should be manufacture specs on it,,,

It probably has a lead/acid or gel cell in it. Have you tried measuing the voltage on the red and black clamps used for jump-starting? It should measure somewhere around 13 Volts.

But whatever you do, don't hook those clamps to your nipples or try licking them.

Don't ask me how I know this.

• Banned
It probably has a lead/acid or gel cell in it. Have you tried measuing the voltage on the red and black clamps used for jump-starting? It should measure somewhere around 13 Volts.

But whatever you do, don't hook those clamps to your nipples or try licking them.

Don't ask me how I know this.
Dude, that's why I bought it.

They measure 13+ and it's a lead acid battery.

Dude, that's why I bought it.

They measure 13+ and it's a lead acid battery.

Does the volt meter on there indicate the status of the PowerDome's internal battery or the car/truck battery you're charging? Seems like they should have put an ammeter on there to tell you how the car/truck battery's coming along.

• Banned
Does the volt meter on there indicate the status of the PowerDome's internal battery or the car/truck battery you're charging? Seems like they should have put an ammeter on there to tell you how the car/truck battery's coming along.
Well, it's not a battery charger for a car, just a jump box, to jump off a car with a dead battery. The volt meter indicates the PowerDome battery voltage.

Well, it's not a battery charger for a car, just a jump box, to jump off a car with a dead battery. The volt meter indicates the PowerDome battery voltage.

That makes sense, I stand corrected. :beer:

3 hours + running my security system.

I have a different one but after I first tried it on a 24 hour recommended charge, hooked it up and all I got was a fast clicking sound from the jumper box. Put it back on a charge for 72 hours just to be sure and it worked fine.

Cute avatar, man.

Forum List

Back