Not open for further replies.

billiebob

Rookie
Feb 27, 2023
The New Testament can be boiled down to
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

The Old Testament to
"Love thy neighbor as they self"

Looking at the threads I see little attempt at discussion but unrelenting effort at creating anger and stirring hatred.
But rarely is a thread posted that steers in the direction of "love your neighbor."

My question to those who post those threads is, does it make you happy?
Does spending your day looking for reasons to be angry, bring you happiness?
I read your posts and few of you actually seem happy.
Angry, hateful, resentful, yes. But not happy.

If the result of your efforts, as seen in your postings, is anger, why do it?

“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.”
Barry Goldwater's speech writer....
Karl Hess...

The Old Testament to

Looking at the threads I see little attempt at discussion but unrelenting effort at creating anger and stirring hatred.
But rarely is a thread posted that steers in the direction of "love your neighbor."

Actually, "love thy neighbor as thyself" is also New Testament.

Why the hell does no one know the Bible? Damn, this crap makes me mad.

The Old Testament to

What did the Bible say about homosexuals? From what I recall in Bible study, there wasn't a whole lotta "Love thy neighbor" extended to Gays.

• Banned
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.”
Barry Goldwater's speech writer....
Karl Hess...
Was the senator angry when he said it?

This really isn't about politics, per se although many of the angry topic are political.
I'm really asking why there's so much effort put into stirring rage and how this effort contributes to your personal happiness.

This really isn't about politics, per se although many of the angry topic are political.
I'm really asking why there's so much effort put into stirring rage and how this effort contributes to your personal happiness.
Anger begets Anger....

What is this doing in The Garage?

No guns, no cars, no gizmos. :dunno:
I thought the same, until I went and looked at the sticky note in garage sub-forum.
"Topics that don't fit into the other categories go here" though it is under the Hobbies Forum.
This one is a good topic. I am hesitant to disturb it.
Creating "Anger" for anger’s sake, does appear to be a hobby on this message board.:dunno:

The Old Testament to

I am happy and love People ... Until they start telling me what it is I should be doing to make them happy.
Even though it won't require me to be unhappy ... I may tell them to go pound sand ... :auiqs.jpg:

OK.
But that's not a response to the question.
Anger goes hand and hand in politics... always has...
Reagan called Pelosi's father the most corrupt man in the country and yes I'm sure he was angry when he said that...
Booth was so angry at Lincoln he shot and killed him.... He jumped down to the stage after shooting Lincoln breaking his leg as he hit the stage and shouted Sic Semper Tyrannis!.....

Books have been written on the nature of "love" and its many meanings.

In the example of the Good Samaritan - Christ's illustration of brotherly love - there is no indication of any fondness or weepy-eyed mushiness. The Samaritan recognizes the humanity of the victim and treats him with appropriate dignity as a fellow person, born in God's image.

Had these two men encountered each other at a marketplace, they probably would have spit on each other.

Christian "love" is nothing more or less than acknowledging the humanity of our fellow humans. It doesn't imply that we cannot disagree, even violently. If someone is writing thoughts that are idiotic, I retain the right to point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back