Waffle House shooting, at least 4 killed

I haven't heard anyone suggest taking all guns, we do need stronger gun laws though. Nobody needs to own a gun for mass killing. The constitution allows arms if you are in a militia.

There is no requirement to be in the militia in order to keep and bear arms

Thats what the second clearly states.

No it doesn't.

It clearly states the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It says nothing about that right being contingent on service in a militia
It is quite clearly in reference to a militia.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It sure doesn't mention self defense....

There is no contingency if there was the right would not have been declared as belonging to the people.

And the security of a free state includes the security of the individuals who make the state possible

You seem to be making up a lot there. Funny.

Yes, waffle house doesn't allow weapons in their restaurants.

They also tend to frown on customers cooking their own meal for safety reasons ... Even if they clean the grill afterwards.

You've tried it, eh?

No ... I linked to the story of the man who did.

He was nice enough to clean up after himself ...
and returned to pay for the meal he cooked and served himself while the staff slept.

There is no contingency if there was the right would not have been declared as belonging to the people.
And the security of a free state includes the security of the individuals who make the state possible

They don't want no stinkin "Free State"....

They want DICTATORS FOR ALL HUMANITY !!!! NOW !!!!

Another gun free zone.

Was it?

I doubt it. I'm surprised there was not an armed customer

-Geaux
The article says a customer took the rifle from the shooter. Please note the customer did not then shoot the shooter with it.

So what. He threw it behind the counter because that was the thing to do

-Geaux
No so what. Just commenting that SHOOTING the shooter was not foremost in the customer's mind, either. K9 and some of you other keyboard warriors apparently live for the moment to shoot a bad guy in a horrible situation and become a national NRA hero. I was just pointing out that even given the chance, not everyone believes more violence is the answer.

Once he disarmed the gunman ... There would be no legal reason to shoot him.

If he had surrendered, but he ran off. If someone had shot him, they would be getting a medal and a key to the city.

Another gun free zone.

Was it?

I doubt it. I'm surprised there was not an armed customer

-Geaux
The article says a customer took the rifle from the shooter. Please note the customer did not then shoot the shooter with it.

So what. He threw it behind the counter because that was the thing to do

-Geaux
No so what. Just commenting that SHOOTING the shooter was not foremost in the customer's mind, either. K9 and some of you other keyboard warriors apparently live for the moment to shoot a bad guy in a horrible situation and become a national NRA hero. I was just pointing out that even given the chance, not everyone believes more violence is the answer.

You're being dishonest in your characterization. I said that it would have been great if the customer had shot him to prevent him from escaping IF the customer had the ability to do so. Be honest.

They don't want no stinkin "Free State"....

They want DICTATORS FOR ALL HUMANITY !!!! NOW !!!!
Who is they? All the countries I have mentioned with strong gun control do not have dictators, sorry.

It's hard to determine whether the person who wrestled the firearm away ...
Possessed the familiarity and skills necessary to shoot the fleeing gunman in the first place.

OOPS!

Someone used a car to kill someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We Need More CAR CONTROL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyisfalling-jpg.153822

Want a perfectly safe society? Move to the moon.

The new gun laws we need are very similar to our machine gun laws. Notice they are very rarely used in crime now. The 2nd amendment survived regulating machine guns and we aren't ruled by dictators. Sorry, your arguments are just plain childish.

Forum List

Back