VOX: we need to confiscate guns to get down to European levels of violence

What no politician wants to admit about gun control

gun violence is the leading cause of death for black men, outstripping the next 10 causes combined.

and gun violence touches every class, color, and community, with 33,000 folks dying each year, an average of 100 a day.

The firearm ideology and gun ownership rate differs significantly between some states in the USA. I lived in New Jersey for 28 years and I only knew one private citizen who owned a firearm. Yes, gun violence happens everyday in the isolated high crime cities in NJ. But, in southern NJ, there is only one gun shop I know of.... In NJ, going to shooting ranges or hunting is unheard of.

We do not need to confiscate guns because our society can change. Younger generations are not buying as many gun's as previous generations. Likewise, some high school students wish their state had some of NJ''s firearm ideology.

The number of guns in the US has risen something like 50% in the last few decades. And yet I believe it was 2015 that saw the lowest murder rate in the US in 51 years.

People immediately want to point to school shootings. The one thing virtually every one of these school shooters had in common? They were all drugged. 1 in 6 or 1 in 7 american school aged boys is drugged. That translates to 4-5 million drugged boys. Gee who could imagine that pumping 4 - 5 million boys full of psychotropic drugs could have a consequences.

Did Vox tell you that the UK murder rate is the same today (per capita) as it was before handguns were banned.

Screen+Shot+2012-12-22+at++Saturday,+December+22,+9.26+PM.png

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center

And that the murder rate in Europe has always been MUCH lower than the murder rate in the US...even when their was no gun control?

The US Has Had The Western World's Worst Rate Of Homicide For At Least 60 Years

gun violence is the leading cause of death for black men, outstripping the next 10 causes combined.

and gun violence touches every class, color, and community, with 33,000 folks dying each year, an average of 100 a day.
It's mostly blacks getting killed.....by blacks. Perhaps it's time blacks took a hard look at their inner-city culture and dealt with it.

Wrong.....

the truth.....2/3 of gun deaths are suicides..that is not an issue, since Japan, China and Korea have extreme gun control.....only criminals and cops are allowed to have guns....and their suicide rates are higher than ours...dittos many countries in Europe

Gun murder....about 11,000 in 2016.......70-80% of the victims are criminals, not law abiding people...

And we had 495 accidental gun deaths......

And on the opposite side...

Americans use their guns on average 1,500,000 times to stop rapes, robberies and murders...

Can you tell which number is bigger?

And since more Americans now own and actually carry guns...our gun murder rate went down 49%.....our gun crime rate went down 75%....

You really don't know what you are talking about...

Gun ownership is a positive for our society....they save innocent lives every single day...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Did Vox tell you that the UK murder rate is the same today (per capita) as it was before handguns were banned.

Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center

And that the murder rate in Europe has always been MUCH lower than the murder rate in the US...even when their was no gun control?

Yes.....British gun confiscation did not lower the gun murder rate....and the gun crime rate there keeps going up....it was up 23% across the country last year and up 42% in London alone......

How many of those gun related deaths are suicide and accidental deaths versus Murder and Mass Murder?

Gun suicide..

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun suicide

Gun suicide...

Non Gun suicide...

========================

Gun Accidental death.....
2016:

==================

Gun murder ( 70-80% of the victims of gun murder are actual criminals, not law abiding people)

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

2015--

=======================

Suicide
...even though Japan, Korea, China, all have absolute gun control for law abiding citizens...only criminals and cops can have guns.......and they have higher suicide rates than we do....and our non-gun suicide rate has been higher than our gun suicide rate for 2 years in a row.....

Gun Accidental Death...

Gun accidents....in a country with over 320,000,000 people...... with 400,000,000 guns in private hands, and over 15,700,000 people carrying guns for self defense..... 489 accidental gun deaths....

Gun murder
, 70-80% of the victims are criminals, engaged in criminal activity or part of the criminal life style....and of the remaining victims....many of them are friends and family of the criminal...caught up in the criminal's lifestyle.....

Only way to knock down violent crime too much lesser levels is to crack down on repeat offenders

If you actually kept violent gun killers in jail...who would murder people so that democrats can demand more gun control?

The firearm ideology and gun ownership rate differs significantly between some states in the USA. I lived in New Jersey for 28 years and I only knew one private citizen who owned a firearm. Yes, gun violence happens everyday in the isolated high crime cities in NJ. But, in southern NJ, there is only one gun shop I know of.... In NJ, going to shooting ranges or hunting is unheard of.

We do not need to confiscate guns because our society can change. Younger generations are not buying as many gun's as previous generations. Likewise, some high school students wish their state had some of NJ''s firearm ideology.

No....the problem in New Jersey is that the ones actually doing the shooting are repeat violent gun offenders......not law abiding gun owners. And the biggest growth areas for gun ownership and carrying guns are women and minorities.....

The culture we have to change is the democrat party.....they need to stop letting violent criminals out of jail in order to soothe their guilt for being racists...

The number of guns in the US has risen something like 50% in the last few decades. And yet I believe it was 2015 that saw the lowest murder rate in the US in 51 years.

People immediately want to point to school shootings. The one thing virtually every one of these school shooters had in common? They were all drugged. 1 in 6 or 1 in 7 american school aged boys is drugged. That translates to 4-5 million drugged boys. Gee who could imagine that pumping 4 - 5 million boys full of psychotropic drugs could have a consequences.

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Bullshit. Follow the Swiss. Third in the world in gun ownership after the US and Yemen. Switzerland proves its not the guns.

The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works

The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works | TIME.com
As Marion Morrison observed, we're not Europeans; thus Switzerland also doesn't prove that in the U .S. "it" isn't guns.
I have a number of firearms and none of them have broken out and killed anyone.

Bullshit. Follow the Swiss. Third in the world in gun ownership after the US and Yemen. Switzerland proves its not the guns.

As Marion Morrison observed, we're not Europeans; thus Switzerland also doesn't prove that in the U .S. "it" isn't guns.
Same here, and my kids are well trained with them. Of course I taught my kids to treat cars as heavy equipment. All 3 of my kids could operate a backhoe, a tractor or a boat. And I live in the suburbs and have never owned a backhoe or tractor. Removing fear is a great first step in education. My oldest, a girl is determined to learn to fly, expensive but doable, more than capable.

Lucky you. LOL

That's because negroes cause crime. Guns are just the scapegoat of indoctrinated, retarded liberals who hold onto the idea that the races are equal like religious fanatics.

Forum List

Back