voting against recovery from Sandy

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sorry to post and run but I will check the flames in the morning.

Christie, Bloomberg, and others have basically requested that Obama stick around and coordinate the federal effort to repair their areas. Is a vote for Romney a vote against the wishes of those in the most need. The endorsements from the people responsible for their areas affected by Sandy are making more than just an endorsement. They are making a request from America that they be given the help they need.

Sounds like a ploy to talk people into keeping Obama in office. He won't personally oversee things and I think once the ball is rolling with many other agencies, things will be fine eventually. It's just going to take a long time for those folks to recover and then rebuild.

Sorry to post and run but I will check the flames in the morning.

Christie, Bloomberg, and others have basically requested that Obama stick around and coordinate the federal effort to repair their areas. Is a vote for Romney a vote against the wishes of those in the most need. The endorsements from the people responsible for their areas affected by Sandy are making more than just an endorsement. They are making a request from America that they be given the help they need.

ROFLMAO

they are asking that the Feds stick around. It does not matter who is President, and Besides Obama would still be President through Mid Jan. lol

This has got to be one of the stupidest questions I have seen yet.

Oh and By the way ass munch, Obama isn't sticking around and coordinating. He is back on the Campaign Trail. 5 States today alone.

No no, you just gotta understand: Right wingers hate govt, and want to shrink it and slash it down to size. BUT...only when there isn't "something" that "somebody" needs to do something about. See, when people bitch about "somebody needs to do something" about something, then RW'ers will use govt as the answer.

So....right now, sure, they love FEMA because there was a huge hurricane. But in a month...they'll say slash it, cuz there aren't hurricanes in December. See, it makes sense!!!

No no, you just gotta understand: Right wingers hate govt, and want to shrink it and slash it down to size. BUT...only when there isn't "something" that "somebody" needs to do something about. See, when people bitch about "somebody needs to do something" about something, then RW'ers will use govt as the answer.

So....right now, sure, they love FEMA because there was a huge hurricane. But in a month...they'll say slash it, cuz there aren't hurricanes in December. See, it makes sense!!!

Seriously, FEMA needs to go, unfortunately it's the only game in town right now. Don't get the two issues confused.

Well, no flames per se although I did get asked if I was facile. At 10:52 at night I don't get paid enough to be anything but. (No, I don't get paid, duh. I found the definition of facile in the American Heritage Dictionary, it was actually the third listed usage of the word.)

The post that I would like to comment on first is Clementine's. She, I assume 'she', stated a very fundamental and deep philosophical concept and to over simply what she said, "things will be what they will be'. Not to say exactly but to make reference to none the less; "God's will will be done". That is to say that the war with Iraq was inevitable, that the financial crisis wasn't going to last no more than a four or five years anyway, although a little less with someone else in the office, and that the devastation and recovery from Katrina, still ongoing I would say, happened, could of happened, no other way. Well, I don't believe that things are fore written and I believe that one man, woman, or child can change the world. So I would greatly discourage Clementine from assuming that the fate of New Jersey, New York, and the surrounding area are going to be basically the same whoever is at the top of the federal relief effort, which the President ultimately is.

I also want to comment on Charles_Mann's post, who also stated that whoever is President does not really matter. The part I want to comment on is his statement that Obama will be President until mid-January anyway. The effort to rebuild the area Sandy damage or destroyed will take much longer than two and a half months, otherwise Bloomberg would have stuck to his early position of not endorsing anyone. The endorse refers to a time after mid-January. There are thousand(s) of people getting up this morning whose home is still dark, who might not get a shower today, who might be hungry most or all of the day. The people who are the generals of this war to recover their cities and states are requesting a Commander in Chief who will help the troops of this country win the war of recovery. (Oh shit, I was being facile again.)

Sticking around isn't the job of the POTUS.

Loads of Fed there to run the show.

Barry is back on the campaign trail. Probably bitching because he had to at least look like he gives a shit about NY, NJ and the East coast being hit by a hurricane.

I feel sorry for Christie. He has to know by now that he was used. The King rolled in, had his photo op and rolled out, do to his campaigning thing and nothing happened. All the promises, all the speeches, and nothing "changed". If anything it's worse.

Obama will have plenty of time to help out in NYC after he gets his ass booted from Washington come January... He'll be looking for work, so I'm sure Bloomberg can get him some cushy public service Union job enforcing no big soda zones.

Forum List

Back