Voters may punish leaders of debt debate

We probably disagree. The only way we'd agree is if the T-Party folks absolutely refused to close tax loop-holes, or pushed a "flat-tax", or pimped the middle class letting the wealthy keep their off-shore accounts tax-free. As long as they close loop-holes they are the responsible ones who see that the credit limit (Debt Limit) is being reached. Medicare will be insolvent in 2017, That needs to be addressed.

I will not vote for any party that supports the proposition that "only little people pay taxes"

May??? They MAY punish them? I hope they all have new jobs lined up. None of my reps will be getting a vote from me.

Off the record....Why does Barney Franks always look like he got dressed in a broom closet? Just saw him on CNN....MY GOD. He looks worse than he sounds and that's pretty effin' bad.

We probably disagree. The only way we'd agree is if the T-Party folks absolutely refused to close tax loop-holes, or pushed a "flat-tax", or pimped the middle class letting the wealthy keep their off-shore accounts tax-free. As long as they close loop-holes they are the responsible ones who see that the credit limit (Debt Limit) is being reached. Medicare will be insolvent in 2017, That needs to be addressed.

I will not vote for any party that supports the proposition that "only little people pay taxes"

The way I understand it, the closure of loopholes WAS on the table and the Tea Party would not hear of it. They did have the chance to correct the advantage that the wealthy and corporations are allowed, and they REFUSED to consider any kinds of revenue.

Compromise and reason is a sacred institution to American voters, and certainly the cornerstone of Democracy. The absolute refusal of the Tea Party to negotiate and reason will give voters pause in 2012...JMHO.

Perhaps, but replace them with who, more insane rightwing extremists?

Compromise and reason is a sacred institution to American voters, and certainly the cornerstone of Democracy. The absolute refusal of the Tea Party to negotiate and reason will give voters pause in 2012...JMHO.

Perhaps, but replace them with who, more insane rightwing extremists?

If you were to replace Harry Reid as head of the Senate...the country would be better off.

Not that that is a very high bar to jump over or anything.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back