Voters blame Bush more than Obama for the economy

I am lovin' how rw kooks are defending the atrocious economic policies of Bush.

Lets bury us in debt and wage useless wars while lowering taxes. What sort of fucking idiot does that? What sort of idiots support that?

I swear these people hate American and are not even human.

I agree, Bush spent way too much.
Time to cut spending now.

Repukes always want to cut spending when they are out of power.

Fucking dishonest asshats.

I am lovin' how rw kooks are defending the atrocious economic policies of Bush.

Lets bury us in debt and wage useless wars while lowering taxes. What sort of fucking idiot does that? What sort of idiots support that?

I swear these people hate American and are not even human.

I agree, Bush spent way too much.
Time to cut spending now.

Repukes always want to cut spending when they are out of power.

Fucking dishonest asshats.

I wanted to cut spending while Bush was President too.

Then you are not a repuke. Do you want a cookie or something?

However, many repukes who found Bush's economic policies patriotic were spendthrifts. However, they only became fiscal conservatives when they were out of power. These people are some of the most vile and dishonest people on the face of the Earth.

However, many repukes who found Bush's economic policies patriotic were spendthrifts. However, they only became fiscal conservatives when they were out of power. These people are some of the most vile and dishonest people on the face of the Earth.

Yeah, at least the democrats are consistent.
They want to spend more and more and more, no matter who is in power.

Ahhh, ya so dumb. Is there a stuffed teddy bear named after you?

Yeah, but at least they're consistent big spenders.

Wrong again. Clinton was the most fiscally conservative President in my life. I remember when kooks rallied against his Omnibus Act of 1993. Carter was more fiscally conservative than Reagan and the King of Deregulation.

And I can go on, but I don't want to. However, the Mercatus Center and Veronica de Rugy and Melinda Warren did a study on who spent the most on regulations and it ain't Dems. Just scroll down to Figures 3 and 4 and Table 3.
Powered by Google Docs

Wrong again. Clinton was the most fiscally conservative President in my life. I remember when kooks rallied against his Omnibus Act of 1993. Carter was more fiscally conservative than Reagan and the King of Deregulation.

And I can go on, but I don't want to. However, the Mercatus Center and Veronica de Rugy and Melinda Warren did a study on who spent the most on regulations and it ain't Dems. Just scroll down to Figures 3 and 4 and Table 3.
Powered by Google Docs
I'm sure Newt and the Class of 94 had nothing to do with slowing spending.

Powered by Google Docs

Give it up. Toddsterpatriot still thinks Reagan's tax policies benefitted the middle class. He must be a young pup to say something as stupid as that.

Mosr Republicans held their noses when they voted for Bush. He was preferable to the alternatives, Algore and Lurch, but he was by no means an ideal Republican candidate.

I don't recall any Republican defending Bush's spending policies.

Dems aren't consistent. They mirror Repukes when they are out of power regarding war and civil liberties.

That much is true, also regarding the deficit. In fact, almost everything Democrats whined about when they were out of power suddenly becomes acceptable when they are in power.

Only in nutburger land would massive tax increases be considered "conservative". What did Clinton deregulate? He's the one who signed Sarbanes-Oxley

I'm sure that's a real "objective" study. How do they determine who is responsible for spending on regulations? Frankly, Democrats are responsible for creating almost every regulatory agency, so they are responsible for 95% of it. The claim that Republicans are spendthrifta because they approve massive budgets that include automatic spending increases for regulatory agencies is the ultimate in idiocy.

Last edited:
I'm sure Newt and the Class of 94 had nothing to do with slowing spending.

The Republican Congress shut down the government because they didn't want to cave into Clinton's demands for more spending, but Clinton is the "conservative" and they are the "spendthrifts."

It doesn't get anymore surreal than that.

Democrats are liars to the bone. Nothing they say is true. Nothing.

Only in nutburger land would massive tax increases be considered. What did Clinton deregulate? He's the one who signed Sarbanes-Oxley

LR2, I said Carter was the King of Deregulation, not Clinton.

I'm sure that's a real "objective" study. How do they determine who is responsible for spending on regulations? Frankly, Democrats are responsible for creating almost every regulatory agency, so they are responsible for 95% of it. The claim that Republicans are spendthrifta because they approve massive budgets that include automatic spending increases for regulatory agencies is the ultimate in idiocy.

The GOP are statists hacks. It is amusing watching you defend them.

Last edited:

Powered by Google Docs

Give it up. Toddsterpatriot still thinks Reagan's tax policies benefitted the middle class. He must be a young pup to say something as stupid as that.

Come on Goose, quit whining and give us some real numbers.
So I can shoot them down.

Sorry boss but you're staring into the spinning circle on that one. Bush had the WH, Senate and Congress. he had high approval ratings and a church erected in his name by FOX. NOTHING he did was due to "Dem pressure". That's just complete bs. He shut the Dems down all day and twice on Sunday. MSNBC wasn't allowed within 500 yeards of Pennsylvania Ave. The guy had more than any pres in history. And he thoroughly destroyed the party I voted for when his dad did things right.
The "victim of those nasty bully Libs" card, doesn't play with Indies.

One of the reasons the Dems have so much pull is because of deals they've made with the media which supports them exclusively. For some reason the media kept releasing secrets about what was going on in the Bush WH. They made a mountain out of a molehill with the NSA Data-mining program. They raised hell when it was discovered that a Middle Eastern country was going to provide the scanning machines at our ports. They raised hell about peeling paint and mildew at Walter Reed outpatient facilities. Don't tell me you think the media can't raise hell on their own. Just look at the Casey Anthony trial. That's a prime example.

I'm trying to figure out when this imaginary time was that Bush had complete control of Congress. I don't remember that. From what I remember Congress was split. The only thing that the GOP had full control of was the house and that doesn't solve anything. Nothing they pass gets to the President without the Senate. And FYI, the Senate is part of Congress. Also, somebody got the bright idea during the short time the GOP had control the Senate to share leadership responsibilities with the Dems. So the Dems called for investigations and held hearings even when they weren't in the majority.

So what has happened because of this?
The housing crash started in 07. The banking crisis in 08. Who had Congress then?

Who had it for the last 4 years, up until Jan 2011?

Harry Reid has been Senate Majority leader for close to 5 years. Bill Frist had it for 2 years and before him Tom Daschle. If you look at the Congressional record the GOP has only held the Senate for 3 out of the last 10 years with a gap in between those 3 years.

Now, do you wanna tell me some more of your fantasies?

There is so much fault in this post, where to begin.

1) The press has not "made a deal with the Liberals / Dems". The press are sharks who will gladly feed on whatever falls in their water. Maybe you didn't notice but the Birther thing, the Muslim thing, the Jeramiah Wright thing, Weinergate etc... were on all CNN 24/7. They go where the story is. I'm sure you don't see it that way though. You seem convinced the press never covered those things because of a "deal". Don't worry, we know you'll come up with a way to say "Yeah but...". It is a predictible inevitibility with the extremes on both sides.
2) That "mountain out of a molehill" to which you refer? Wiretapping and internet monitoring without warrants? Yeah, whats a little systematic, mass violation of US Law by POTUS, anyway? Seems to me I DID see 24/7 coverage about ACORN. Which is good. I'm glad they were disbanded! That Liberal Press really cooked those Conservatives! Oh wait.
3) Not sure how you figure the Casy Anthony trial into all this. A mom killing her little girl and going out to party for a month seems pretty egregious to me and I don't recall their labeling her politics in any way. But I'm sure you see a connection.
4) The housing crisis was all started by the Dem Congress of '06? Hmmm. WHy even bother replying to that? Anyone not drinking the kool-aid would know that there were LOTS of factors that contributed to it long before then. Obviously you don't. It's them dam Dems fault! 100% ! Okay dokey and you betcha.
5) Fantasies? Yeah okay. I'm the one with fantasies. I posit that both parties have contributed to our problems. You "know" the Dems have secret deals with the media, not to report things like Weinergate; that although Bush first lied about and then admitted breaking the law, it was a conspiracy; That Casey Anthony is proof of uh, well something!!!; and that Clinton's policies on individual home loans, followed by Bush's deregulation of the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities market did NOT contribute to the housing crisis - neither did almost a decade of artificial appreciation - Nope! it was ALL the fault of the Dem Congress that took power less than 10 months before it hit!
Um yeah. Talk to me about fantasies.

----The media made Casey Anthony into this nationwide poster-girl for child-abuse she is today. Last week some crazy woman tried to kill a lady that simply looked like Casey Fucken Anthony. Now everyone is asking "Where is Casey Anthony". Who the fuck cares.

---When you take over Congress you gain control of oversight and regulatory duties. Most of this happened on their watch. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Blaming Bush for everything is a juvenile excuse that only works on partisan hacks and the misinformed. Barney Frank and Maxine Waters did everything in their power to ignore the problem till it bit them in the ass, even though Bush warned them way back in 05. When the Dems took control the problem became worse, not better. Argue against that.

---I have heard from some in the know that CNN did make a deal with Obama. Nobody can argue that most of the media is in the tank for him.....except Fox, which seems to be the only one to focus on everything that's out there. Often times people who watch CNN or MSNBC never know who said this or who did that. When you ask them they blame Sarah Palin or Bush whomever the GOP punching-bag is. The Drivebys rarely expose wrongdoing by the left. Investigative reporting has given way to political advocacy and cheer-leading for Democrats. Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow, all of this type are carrying the Dems's water for them now. They never fact-check Obama's speeches. They never show all of the news. Instead they censor the news. If the Dems are guilty of a blunder they hush it up until it gets to the point where they have to report on it. And when they do it is scant coverage at best. On the comedy front it's Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, SNL, and on the morning talkshow circuit it's The View with Joy Behar, Whoopie Goldberg, and Barbara Walters. All of them contribute to the liberal cause and trash Christians, Conservatives, and Republicans in general. You figure if you hear any negative stories at all that evens it all out, but when you look at the numbers negative stories focusing on the GOP vs Dems usually go on average 10 to 1. 10 negative GOP stories to every 1 negative Democrat story.

---And yes, the NSA was data-mining. Data-mining is not wire-tapping and phone hacking. Seems if you've been paying attention to the news journalist have been hacking private phones you imbecile, not the NSA. For information on this see stories on News of the World in the UK.

But let's face it, everyone in Washington had a hand in running up the debt.....YES EVEN THE DEMOCRATS. They did their part to get us in this mess and now they're blaming it all on the GOP. 4 trillion the last two years. Under Bush the debt went up 5 trillion over 8 years. Most of it borrowed from the Social Security fund using Intragovernmental funds not the budget. Under Obama it only took 2 years for him to nearly equal that and the Dems haven't voted on a budget in nearly 900 days.

Back in 06 the Dems would not vote to increase the debt ceiling, but for some strange reason, now that it's getting out of hand they all want to vote for an increase in the debt-ceiling. Why the change? Well, their spokespersons say the 06 vote was a protest vote. Bush warned those assholes about protest votes. Instead what he got from the new Democrat controlled congress was nothing but protest votes. Meanwhile the problems that he warned them about festered and worsened until everything came to a head in 08.

Today anyone who votes for an increase is being responsible....according to Obama. Problem is he's just kicking the can down the road once again. Boehner said dealing with Obama was like working with Jello. He's not serious. He has a problem that needs to be addressed and he's playing fucken games. He tells the GOP to come up with something concrete but never offers anything himself. He's treating the debt like it's a political football.

Last edited:
One of the reasons the Dems have so much pull is because of deals they've made with the media which supports them exclusively. For some reason the media kept releasing secrets about what was going on in the Bush WH. They made a mountain out of a molehill with the NSA Data-mining program. They raised hell when it was discovered that a Middle Eastern country was going to provide the scanning machines at our ports. They raised hell about peeling paint and mildew at Walter Reed outpatient facilities. Don't tell me you think the media can't raise hell on their own. Just look at the Casey Anthony trial. That's a prime example.

I'm trying to figure out when this imaginary time was that Bush had complete control of Congress. I don't remember that. From what I remember Congress was split. The only thing that the GOP had full control of was the house and that doesn't solve anything. Nothing they pass gets to the President without the Senate. And FYI, the Senate is part of Congress. Also, somebody got the bright idea during the short time the GOP had control the Senate to share leadership responsibilities with the Dems. So the Dems called for investigations and held hearings even when they weren't in the majority.

So what has happened because of this?
The housing crash started in 07. The banking crisis in 08. Who had Congress then?

Who had it for the last 4 years, up until Jan 2011?

Harry Reid has been Senate Majority leader for close to 5 years. Bill Frist had it for 2 years and before him Tom Daschle. If you look at the Congressional record the GOP has only held the Senate for 3 out of the last 10 years with a gap in between those 3 years.

Now, do you wanna tell me some more of your fantasies?

1) The press has not "made a deal with the Liberals / Dems". The press are sharks who will gladly feed on whatever falls in their water. Maybe you didn't notice but the Birther thing, the Muslim thing, the Jeramiah Wright thing, Weinergate etc... were on all CNN 24/7. They go where the story is. I'm sure you don't see it that way though. You seem convinced the press never covered those things because of a "deal". Don't worry, we know you'll come up with a way to say "Yeah but...". It is a predictible inevitibility with the extremes on both sides.
2) That "mountain out of a molehill" to which you refer? Wiretapping and internet monitoring without warrants? Yeah, whats a little systematic, mass violation of US Law by POTUS, anyway? Seems to me I DID see 24/7 coverage about ACORN. Which is good. I'm glad they were disbanded! That Liberal Press really cooked those Conservatives! Oh wait.
3) Not sure how you figure the Casy Anthony trial into all this. A mom killing her little girl and going out to party for a month seems pretty egregious to me and I don't recall their labeling her politics in any way. But I'm sure you see a connection.
4) The housing crisis was all started by the Dem Congress of '06? Hmmm. WHy even bother replying to that? Anyone not drinking the kool-aid would know that there were LOTS of factors that contributed to it long before then. Obviously you don't. It's them dam Dems fault! 100% ! Okay dokey and you betcha.
5) Fantasies? Yeah okay. I'm the one with fantasies. I posit that both parties have contributed to our problems. You "know" the Dems have secret deals with the media, not to report things like Weinergate; that although Bush first lied about and then admitted breaking the law, it was a conspiracy; That Casey Anthony is proof of uh, well something!!!; and that Clinton's policies on individual home loans, followed by Bush's deregulation of the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities market did NOT contribute to the housing crisis - neither did almost a decade of artificial appreciation - Nope! it was ALL the fault of the Dem Congress that took power less than 10 months before it hit!

----The media made Casey Anthony into this nationwide poster-girl for child-abuse she is today. Last week some crazy woman tried to kill a lady that simply looked like Casey Fucken Anthony. Now everyone is asking "Where is Casey Anthony". Who the fuck cares.

---When you take over Congress you gain control of oversight and regulatory duties. Most of this happened on their watch. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Blaming Bush for everything is a juvenile excuse that only works on partisan hacks and the misinformed. Barney Frank and Maxine Waters did everything in their power to ignore the problem till it bit them in the ass, even though Bush warned them way back in 05. When the Dems took control the problem became worse, not better. Argue against that.

---I have heard from some in the know that CNN did make a deal with Obama. Nobody can argue that most of the media is in the tank for him.....except Fox, which seems to be the only one to focus on everything that's out there. Often times people who watch CNN or MSNBC never know who said this or who did that. When you ask them they blame Sarah Palin or Bush whomever the GOP punching-bag is. The Drivebys rarely expose wrongdoing by the left. Investigative reporting has given way to political advocacy and cheer-leading for Democrats. Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow, all of this type are carrying the Dems's water for them now. They never fact-check Obama's speeches. They never show all of the news. Instead they censor the news. If the Dems are guilty of a blunder they hush it up until it gets to the point where they have to report on it. And when they do it is scant coverage at best. On the comedy front it's Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, SNL, and on the morning talkshow circuit it's The View with Joy Behar, Whoopie Goldberg, and Barbara Walters. All of them contribute to the liberal cause and trash Christians, Conservatives, and Republicans in general. You figure if you hear any negative stories at all that evens it all out, but when you look at the numbers negative stories focusing on the GOP vs Dems usually go on average 10 to 1. 10 negative GOP stories to every 1 negative Democrat story.

---And yes, the NSA was data-mining. Data-mining is not wire-tapping and phone hacking. Seems if you've been paying attention to the news journalist have been hacking private phones you imbecile, not the NSA. For information on this see stories on News of the World in the UK.

But let's face it, everyone in Washington had a hand in running up the debt.....YES EVEN THE DEMOCRATS. They did their part to get us in this mess and now they're blaming it all on the GOP. 4 trillion the last two years. Under Bush the debt went up 5 trillion over 8 years. Most of it borrowed from the Social Security fund using Intragovernmental funds not the budget. Under Obama it only took 2 years for him to nearly equal that and the Dems haven't voted on a budget in nearly 900 days.

Back in 06 the Dems would not vote to increase the debt ceiling, but for some strange reason, now that it's getting out of hand they all want to vote for an increase in the debt-ceiling. Why the change? Well, their spokespersons say the 06 vote was a protest vote. Bush warned those assholes about protest votes. Instead what he got from the new Democrat controlled congress was nothing but protest votes. Meanwhile the problems that he warned them about festered and worsened until everything came to a head in 08.

Today anyone who votes for an increase is being responsible....according to Obama. Problem is he's just kicking the can down the road once again. Boehner said dealing with Obama was like working with Jello. He's not serious. He has a problem that needs to be addressed and he's playing fucken games. He tells the GOP to come up with something concrete but never offers anything himself. He's treating the debt like it's a political football.

Well you are just one angry individual, aren't you! You seem like you are about to burst! :blowup:

I am happy to respond to your points directly.

1. "I have heard from some in the know that CNN did make a deal with Obama."
Oh! Well then. You heard from someone in the know! Well Jeez, if only I'd had THIS critical piece of intel before! Now I can tell all my friends that an anonymous person on the net, said they heard from someone in the know! How could anyone dispute such solidly verified evidence? :lol:

2. FOX is the only um "unbiased" station? :lol: The laughs just keep on rollin in folks. FOX is every bit as objective as MSNBC. and uh...
"If the Dems are guilty of a blunder they hush it up until it gets to the point where they have to report on it. And when they do it is scant coverage at best. On the comedy front it's Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, SNL, and on the morning talkshow circuit "
I guess watching Jeremiah Wright say "God danm America" every day on CNN for a month was that hush up you're talking about. Or 60 days of Birther whackjobbery. Or a month of WeinerGate. All of which were reported the instant the FOX did. Well, if nothing else, you're entertaining! :clap2:

3. "Data-mining is not wire-tapping and phone hacking." Um sorry sweetheart but Bush was caught illegally listening on phone calls. First he denied it was being done at all. Then he said "No DOMESTIC calls were being monitored." Then he said he was "very upset" with the journalists who busted him. Then he admitted it. Then he passed The Patriot Act.
But it's okay. I understand why you might have missed all that. You were watching FOX :lol:

4. The whole thing about your hero Bush, being completely blameless and warning those dran Dems about spending and such is very cute. My mom never thought Elvis got fat either.

Now you just have yourself a nice day!

Hugs & Kisses!

Your New BFF :eusa_angel:

Well you are just one angry individual, aren't you! You seem like you are about to burst! :blowup:

I am happy to respond to your points directly.

1. "I have heard from some in the know that CNN did make a deal with Obama."
Oh! Well then. You heard from someone in the know! Well Jeez, if only I'd had THIS critical piece of intel before! Now I can tell all my friends that an anonymous person on the net, said they heard from someone in the know! How could anyone dispute such solidly verified evidence? :lol:

2. FOX is the only um "unbiased" station? :lol: The laughs just keep on rollin in folks. FOX is every bit as objective as MSNBC. and uh...
"If the Dems are guilty of a blunder they hush it up until it gets to the point where they have to report on it. And when they do it is scant coverage at best. On the comedy front it's Jon Stewart, Bill Maher, SNL, and on the morning talkshow circuit "
I guess watching Jeremiah Wright say "God danm America" every day on CNN for a month was that hush up you're talking about. Or 60 days of Birther whackjobbery. Or a month of WeinerGate. All of which were reported the instant the FOX did. Well, if nothing else, you're entertaining! :clap2:

3. "Data-mining is not wire-tapping and phone hacking." Um sorry sweetheart but Bush was caught illegally listening on phone calls. First he denied it was being done at all. Then he said "No DOMESTIC calls were being monitored." Then he said he was "very upset" with the journalists who busted him. Then he admitted it. Then he passed The Patriot Act.
But it's okay. I understand why you might have missed all that. You were watching FOX :lol:

4. The whole thing about your hero Bush, being completely blameless and warning those dran Dems about spending and such is very cute. My mom never thought Elvis got fat either.

Now you just have yourself a nice day!

Hugs & Kisses!

Your New BFF :eusa_angel:
kapow.jpg

Forum List

Back