Voters are fed up with Washington and that means DEMOCRATS

I tell you but you don't listen.

You have battered republican syndrome.

No sorry that's a cop out! :lol::lol::lol:

Tell us your solution. Give us one that has an historical chance of working! That's all I ask.

If you have one, you shouldn't be afraid to post it. I sure gave mine.

Fed up isn't enough, unless you have a solution.

Third party isn't it.

Third party is a start. I firmly believe that if everyone who says they're "fed up" with D.C., with partisan politics, actually took time to consider the other parties who put up candidates instead of voting to beat the other party, we might start to see some change in this country. Maybe there'd even be some hope.

Well you believe, and I KNOW.

You know how I know? Because THERE IS A HISTORY IN THIS COUNTRY THAT TELLS ME I KNOW.

You aren't the first one that just "knew" that if we all believe, we will sing kumbya around a new third party.

Ask Teddy Roosevelt and the Bull Moose party.

THEY NEVER WIN! Ask Ross Perot! THEY NEVER WIN!

They always dream they are part of a new wave and they always fail.

That's the way the country is designed.

You're right, but I'm not talking about starting at the top. Christ, if you set your sights at the top for your first win, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Look to the local level, state, even Congress.

You have to learn to walk before you can run.

You're right, but I'm not talking about starting at the top. Christ, if you set your sights at the top for your first win, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Look to the local level, state, even Congress.

Agreed. To be honest, getting enough people in Congress is probably more influential than the Presidency.

Third party is a start. I firmly believe that if everyone who says they're "fed up" with D.C., with partisan politics, actually took time to consider the other parties who put up candidates instead of voting to beat the other party, we might start to see some change in this country. Maybe there'd even be some hope.

Well you believe, and I KNOW.

You know how I know? Because THERE IS A HISTORY IN THIS COUNTRY THAT TELLS ME I KNOW.

You aren't the first one that just "knew" that if we all believe, we will sing kumbya around a new third party.

Ask Teddy Roosevelt and the Bull Moose party.

THEY NEVER WIN! Ask Ross Perot! THEY NEVER WIN!

They always dream they are part of a new wave and they always fail.

That's the way the country is designed.

Honey that's been tried too!

Look at Jesse Ventura or Jumpin' Jim Jeffords.

You can't get enough of them to win and if they do, without backing they are extraneous. They have no power and the voters will sweep them out the next election, because they don't have any power.

That's reality.

The ONLY thing they can accomplish is getting enough of them in to bottle up the Congress, like the Nazis did in the Weimar Republic.

So the solution was for the Parliment to elect itself extict and make Hitler dictator with direct power.

Now, a few years ago, I would have said that wasn't possible in this country.

But with Obama's Democrats, their Czars and the way they ignore the Constitution??????????

Bad idea!

The history around the third party is not a good one. The only way a new party is going to rise is if one of the old ones falls (like the Whiggs did for the Republicans.)

I would love to see that happen, but I want to see it happen to the Democrats. ;)

Agreed. To be honest, getting enough people in Congress is probably more influential than the Presidency.

I have three words to say to that one.

Jumpin Jim Jeffords.

The economic mess we are in today is the fault of the Republican Congress's policies (1994 to 2006) with Tea Party Samurai's dream boat, Bill Clinton, and then George Bush.

2006: Bush is president and easily vetoes Democratic legislation he does not like.

2008: OH, BOY, Tea Party's enemies are in office. Since Bush's last day stock market is up 60%, since today unemployment is more than a full point below Reagan's record in October 1983, and the idea of Speaker Boehner makes real Americans wet their pants in fear.

Naw, Tea Party Samurai, you little wannabee fauxconservaive. Your day is almost gone.

He really is living in a crack pipe dream isn't he?

<snip>

TPS simply deflects and laughs.

The GOP under Gingrich and the bushies since and their lackies have caused the mess.

TPS knows it but refuses to acknowledge it.

The numbers are against her, simple.

The American mainstream hates the GOP and the right of center, centrists, and leftists believe the whole 5% that are Tea Party are loony. Nothing to worry about.

Actually it means both republicans and democrats.

Well that's what the liberal establishment keeps telling us, but it's just cover and they know it.

The Republicans are NOT in power.

They can't stop anything Obama does. I do believe it's anti-Rino but that doesn't make it anti-Republican anymore than it did in 1980 when people were fed up with the Republican establisment and voted in Reagan.

People might remember the establishment wanted Ford (in 76) and then Bush the elder in 1980.

The voters wanted Reagan. That's anti-establishment, not anti-Republican.

There isn't a Reagan on the Democrat side. There isn't anything close.

It's anti-Democrat, because they ARE the ruling class in Washington right now, and they don't have an alternative.

There's a real good reason why republicans are not in power, nor will they be anytime in the near future.

AND, there isn't a Reagan on the republican side either .. nowhere close to it .. not that Reagan was much.

How do you come up with that idea?
Both parties are equally responsible for the huge mess we are in now,
Does it not occur to you that no matter what party holds the Presidency
no matter what party holds the Senate, and no matter what party holds majority of the House,
NOTHING EVER CHANGES? People are fed up with all politicians no matter the party
Get that through your head, People hate both parties.

Both parties have to work together and the far left and the far right have to be told to fuck off.

If Ryan is House Speaker in the next term, we will see far more open votes in the House.

Forum List

Back