Voter Fraud

Link, please.
Here's one example that shows 35% of the people purged from the registration list, were legally registered to vote.

1) An internal analysis conducted by the Tennessee Democratic Party and the Democratic National Committee's voter protection team has found that more than 11,000 voters statewide, who are still active on the voter file, have had parts of their voting history disappear.

2) In new investigative research by BLACK BOX VOTING, examining what actually happens to voters wrongfully classified as "inactive", it was found that 35 percent of these were actually purged (cancelled from the voter rolls).

In my state if you don't vote in the primary or general election, you are purged and have to re-register. That is the way it should be as it gives the election officials a fighting chance to have folks in the correct precinct and allows for better record keeping.

In my state if you don't vote in the primary or general election, you are purged and have to re-register. That is the way it should be as it gives the election officials a fighting chance to have folks in the correct precinct and allows for better record keeping.
The problem is that 1,635 people did vote and were still purged off the record.

Earlier in this thread I posted the results of two studies on voter fraud. The conclusion is that a person is more likely to hit by lightening that voter fraud being committed.
The penalty for voter fraud are very stiff, $10,000 fine and jail time.
This voter fraud scare is a fraud within its self.
The League of Women's Voter estimates millions of legal voters will become disenfranchised. That is un-American.

I won't go back and read your studies. I've read most at one time or another and all one really needs to do is research the source to know what the study will say.
The fact remains is there may, or may not be a significant amount of people voting in place of others, living or dead. We will never really know seeing that dead people rarely bitch that somone has voted in their place.
Next, we have dozens of cases of ACORN, SEIU and others submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registrations. Yes many have been caught and many named culled, but do you really think all of the bad registrations have been removed from the rolls?. I'd bet less than half have been removed. So, these "non people" aren't going to be complaining either. There now becomes literally thousands of opportunities for fraudulent votes with zero chance of anyone being caught.
The only way we would even know someone voted fraudulently is if he was stupid enough to be voting in place of the poll worker's dead mother.

As to your LWV statistics, bullshit! Both Foxfire and I have covered that quite adequately. I suggest you go back a few pages and catch up.

XXXXX I know both of you probably know quite a bit more about the election process, stats and procedures than the LWV. I mean, what does this group do that makes them think their
credible anyways?
And my poor 92 year old mother, who hasn't had a photo ID since she stopped driving and traveling the world 20 years ago, who would of voted for your boy, Romney. She has been a loyal Republican and a financial contributor for decades. But she refuses to be forced to prove who she is after voting for 46 years since she became a US citizen.
As I am not going to search for your's and Foxfire's (a very fine poster, I might add) expert discussion, so I am not sure you read LWV's statement. Here it is:
Statement by Elisabeth MacNamara, President, LWVUS at a Forum Entitled "Excluded from Democracy: The Impact of Recent State Voting Changes" | League of Women Voters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the facts related to voter fraud:

People seemingly voting after they've been dead for years. Drug kingpins buying votes from poor people to sway elections. Non-citizens being bussed to the polls and coached on how to vote. Stories of voting fraud are shocking, and states have been taking action to make sure that elections are secure. But the Justice Department, led by Attorney General Eric Holder, has blocked states at almost every turn.

This is the same Justice Department that*stopped a non-partisan election reform by arguing that if party affiliation were removed from a ballot, African-American voters wouldn't be able to identify and vote for the Democrats. Holder has continued to stoke the racial fires, calling a requirement for voters to produce photo identification a "poll tax." Heritage expert Hans von Spakovsky said this argument is merely political. "Holder continues to perpetuate the incendiary error to the public, knowing that the poll-tax assertion is a racially charged one that should not be used lightly," von Spakovsky said. He explained:
Even the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals—the most liberal appeals court in the country—did not buy the Holder poll tax claim when it reviewed Arizona's voter ID law. In Gonzalez v. Arizona (2012), the Ninth Circuit held that even though "obtaining the free identification required under [Arizona law] may have a cost," such immaterial costs are not a poll tax.

Holder is now "investigating" Pennsylvania's voter ID law, on the left's charge that it disenfranchises minorities.

Former Congressman Artur Davis, an African-American from Alabama who served in Congress as a Democrat from 2003 to 2011, finds this argument incredibly insulting. Speaking at The Heritage Foundation yesterday, Davis held up his driver's license and said, "This is not a billy club. It is not a fire hose. I used to represent Birmingham and Selma, Alabama, and I know something about fire hoses."

In states that have voter ID laws, the real-world results show that minorities have not been disenfranchised by any means. States that require ID to vote have offered free IDs to anyone who does not have one already. In Kansas, which allows any of nine different forms of ID as proof of identity to vote:
Out of a total of 1.713 million registered voters in Kansas, only 32 people had requested a free photo ID as of May 4, 2012. That represents only 0.002 percent of the registered voters in the state. Of those 32 voters, 80 percent were white, 10 percent were black, and the race or ethnicity of 10 percent was unknown. Thus, there is no evidence that minority voters were disproportionately affected.

Georgia, which has had voter ID since 2007, allows six different forms of ID to vote. And there has been no stampede of would-be voters who lack identification: "The number of photo IDs issued by Georgia to individuals who did not already have one of the forms of ID acceptable under state law is remarkably small, averaging less 0.05 percent in most years, and not even reaching three-tenths of 1 percent in a presidential election year."

What happened to minority voting after the law went into effect? In the 2008 presidential election, Hispanic voting in Georgia increased by 140 percent over the 2004 election. African-American voting increased by 42 percent. That is also a higher rate of increase than in other states without voter ID. Von Spakovsky notes:

The increase in turnout of both Hispanics and blacks in the 2008 presidential election after the voter ID law became effective is quite remarkable, particularly given the unproven and totally speculative claims of the Justice Department that the voter ID requirements of Texas and South Carolina will somehow have a discriminatory impact on Hispanic and black voters. In fact, Georgia had the largest turnout of minority voters in its history.

The evidence that producing photo ID is a burden simply isn't there. "How can it be a burden to ask people to do something they do all the time?" asked Congressman Davis, who said he went to a news organization to do an interview on voter ID and had to produce his driver's license to enter the news organization.

The Justice Department requires ID from visitors as well.

..................................... Read more At.............................

Morning Bell: Justice Department Blocks Voter ID at Every Turn
XXXXX We dont elect these people,they are selected for us by the elite.FDR himself said that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. I don't consider obscure sources putting out Youtube opinion or Rachel Maddow to be credible sources. I want something other than strident partisan opinion please if you're going to make the charge.

I can find sources that will show Barack Obama is demon possessed if you're going to accept manufactured evidence as credible.

I know there is voter fraud committed all the time which is why I am in favor of tightening the procedures, including voter I.D., to deal with it.

Your charge was that the Romney camp committed voter fraud. I want to see real evidence, not manufactured youtube clips.

Last edited:
No, she would only be an apologist if she was making excuses for voter fraud committed by Romney.

What we have is a claim that is made, and then not backed up (that there is voter fraud associated with Romney) and so you are calling those of us who don't take you at your word "Romney apologists".

Nope. We'd be apologists if you had provided any verification of the claim. You didn't, so it's just a garden variety fail on your side.

I think its pretty obvious that republicans put this bill in to place to deter non id holding Americans from voting. As a new voter Im surprised that you could vote before without an id. Terrorists are everywhere thats why I have to have 3 documents just to drive a scooter around town legally. But we want less government regulation right? I am all for less government. This is not the "republican" party I thought I signed up for.

I really wish we could just tell them to cancel the electric bill and go home. Its such a joke. They dont earn what we pay em. They are costing us more money than they are worth.

If liberal people can cheat they will.. If The Liberals can lie like they did at the DNC the liberal people will cheat even more. Hey, Those people are towed by the nose... Remember who runs those Unions..
Remember who promises those checks.. Remember who votes for liberals.
Then the New Black Panthers enter the equation..

Let them cheat... it won't matter. Romney's going to win and they who count know it.

if people seriously think voter fraud is not legit, then here are some items for you, unfortunately I am still not able to post url's yet - just google if you need to-

A grand jury later determined that Adlai Stevenson had unwittingly benefited from some 100,000 illegal ballots that had been cast in Chicago in the 1982 gubernatorial election.

did you know it was found in one county in CA for a US Congressional seat, over 700 illegal votes were cast? Don't tell me this isn't a problem that doesn't need to be dealt with.
[Footnote] In total, the Task Force found clear and convincing evidence that 748 invalid votes were cast in this election.
This actually went to the US Congress to be investigated and the footnote is the result of what Congress's investigation found. This was in just one county (Orange) in California - 748 illegal votes.

I have many more for you but can't post the links.

Sorry. I don't consider obscure sources putting out Youtube opinion or Rachel Maddow to be credible sources. I want something other than strident partisan opinion please if you're going to make the charge.

I can find sources that will show Barack Obama is demon possessed if you're going to accept manufactured evidence as credible.

I know there is voter fraud committed all the time which is why I am in favor of tightening the procedures, including voter I.D., to deal with it.

Your charge was that the Romney camp committed voter fraud. I want to see real evidence, not manufactured youtube clips.

The issue isn’t that ‘fraud’ occurs, but that it so rarely occurs, in one case less than 0.0004 percent of the time, that laws restricting the fundamental right of voting, such as excessive ID requirements, aren’t justified.

The "voter fraud" cry has been increasingly used to justify policies that suppress legitimate voters. But the cry is baseless; allegations of voter fraud—especially polling place impersonation fraud—almost always prove to be inflated or inaccurate. The Brennan Center carefully examines allegations of fraud to get at the truth behind the claims. The truth of the matter is that voter fraud—votes knowingly cast by ineligible individuals—is exceedingly rare; one is more likely to be struck by lightning than to commit voter fraud.

Allegations of Voter Fraud | Brennan Center for Justice

The issue isn’t that ‘fraud’ occurs, but that it so rarely occurs, in one case less than 0.0004 percent of the time, that laws restricting the fundamental right of voting, such as excessive ID requirements, aren’t justified.

The "voter fraud" cry has been increasingly used to justify policies that suppress legitimate voters. But the cry is baseless; allegations of voter fraud—especially polling place impersonation fraud—almost always prove to be inflated or inaccurate. The Brennan Center carefully examines allegations of fraud to get at the truth behind the claims. The truth of the matter is that voter fraud—votes knowingly cast by ineligible individuals—is exceedingly rare; one is more likely to be struck by lightning than to commit voter fraud.

Brennan Center for Justice

the Brennan Center for Justice is hardly a non-partisan organization-
The organization is currently headed by Michael Waldman, former Director of Speechwriting for President Bill Clinton from 1995–1999
also check out their co-chair Patricia Bauman, far from unbiased.
And it was founded in honor of Justice Brennan who believed in the principle of a living Constitution.

Link, please.
Here's one example that shows 35% of the people purged from the registration list, were legally registered to vote.

1) An internal analysis conducted by the Tennessee Democratic Party and the Democratic National Committee's voter protection team has found that more than 11,000 voters statewide, who are still active on the voter file, have had parts of their voting history disappear.

2) In new investigative research by BLACK BOX VOTING, examining what actually happens to voters wrongfully classified as "inactive", it was found that 35 percent of these were actually purged (cancelled from the voter rolls).

Not always. I'm Independent. No reason for me to vote in the Primaries in NY.

Allegations of Voter Fraud | Brennan Center for Justice

Overlooking cover up and failure to report, you may have a point. Like in my Precinct, when something happens, and the Police discourage you from making a complaint or filing a Crime Report, it makes the statistics look so much better.

And the overwhelming evidence of voter fraud continues to mount....

What happens when 1,099 felons vote in an election that's decided by just 312 votes? Proof that voter fraud is real—and a real problem.

York: When 1,099 felons vote in race won by 312 ballots | WashingtonExaminer.com

Minnesota statute says that a convicted felon loses his or her civil rights, including the
right to vote. It also stipulates that a felon's civil rights are automatically reinstated
when he or she completes their sentence. Completing a sentence means that they have
completed all parole, probation, and any other terms of their sentence. This is also
known as being "off-paper". Once a person completes their sentence they have the
right to vote. See Minnesota statute 609.165 for more details.

So of those 1,099 felons that the article refers too, how many of those fall under this would be my question. It would make sense that during during the recount process when both Coleman and Franken were represented by attorneys that had these individuals been unqualified to vote they would have been thrown out. While I am a a little suspect in the way that race was run by the state of Minn. more than I am on the voters themselves, the issue of convicted felons does not appear to be at issue.

Posting this video without any inference that it is not staaged or orchestrated as I don't know whether it is the real deal or not:

Registering Tim Tebow and Tom Brady to Vote in Minnesota - YouTube

But. . . .

If there is no ID or other proof of identity to register, what is to keep any made up name from being registered? And then, if there is no ID or other proof of identity to vote, what is to keep any person for voting as that made up name?

Can you say with certainty that it does not happen? That without voter ID there is no way to know whether it has happened? Is happening? That nobody is dishonest enough to utilize such a practice?

Why aren't they being challenged? They don't require picture id either

Is it because absentee ballots favor the Reps?

I think the motivation is obvious.

An absentee ballot should be mailed only to a registered voter. Which is why I favor requiring photo ID plus some form of proof of residence (a utility bill etc) to register to vote in the first place. I personally think every person should be issued a voter registration card with a unique number on it and that number should have to be written on the absentee ballot and that nunber should be verified by election officials before the ballot is counted. That would eliminate most voter fraud regarding absentee ballot.

And if the voter registration card was also a photo ID, that would also solve all problems of disenfranchising anybody.

Where did you come up with that?

First of all, if that were true, then why are the liberals up in arms about this issue? Why don't they just have everyone grab an absentee ballot?

Second, I have been asked to produce picture ID 100% of the time I have requested an absentee ballot.

Forum List

Back