Voter Fraud - Election Fraud

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Current story on Yahoo! News Home:

ACORN controversy: Voter fraud or mudslinging? - Yahoo! News

ACORN controversy: Voter fraud or mudslinging?
By DEBORAH HASTINGS, AP National Writer Deborah Hastings, Ap National Writer Sat Oct 18, 12:37 pm ET

The stories are almost comical: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, registered to vote on Nov. 4. The entire starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team, signed up to go the polls — in Nevada.

But no one in either presidential campaign is laughing. Not publicly, anyway...

"This is all just one big head-fake," said Tova Wang of the government watchdog group Common Cause. "What silliness this is, at this point. It's all about creating this perception that there is a tremendous problem with voter fraud in this country, and it's not true."

On Friday, during a campaign appearance, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin repeated McCain's recent claims that Obama has close ties to ACORN.

"You deserve to know," Palin told thousands in a park north of Cincinnati. "This group needs to learn that you here in Ohio won't let them turn the Buckeye State into the Acorn State."

Obama helped represent ACORN in a successful 1995 suit against the state of Illinois, which forced enactment of the so-called motor-voter law, making it easier for people to register vote. Obama said this week that he had "nothing to do with" ACORN's massive voter registration drive.

ACORN spokesman Brian Kettenring retaliated this week in a series of conference calls and interviews. "What we're seeing is the manufacture of a crisis, and attempts to smear Sen. Obama with it. It gives you an excuse should you lose or if there's a contested outcome of the election."...

Once again the press going to an ACORN ally in attempt to discount legitimate requests for oversight.

Common Cause is another community activist organization and a regular ally of ACORN, which AP reporters should know:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF CONNECTICUT ACORN, CONNECTICUT COMMON CAUSE, CONNECTICUT CITIZEN ACTION GROUP,

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
DISTRICT OF CONNECTICUT
ACORN, CONNECTICUT COMMON CAUSE,
CONNECTICUT CITIZEN ACTION GROUP,
CONNECTICUT PUBLIC INTEREST
RESEARCH GROUP, PEOPLE FOR THE
AMERICAN WAY, CONNECTICUT
WORKING FAMILIES PARTY,
DEMOCRACYWORKS, SANDEEPAN
MUKHERJEE, STEVEN CANADY, JOSE
CAMPODONICO, GARVIN ROOS,
CLEONICE RAMALH, JEZEL DUPIGNY,
ROBIN GARRO, NAJLA SHAH, and SUSAN
SORENSEN,
Plaintiffs,
v.
SUSAN BYSIEWICZ, in her official capacity as
Secretary of State for the State of Connecticut,
Defendant

It's not just AP. Newspapers across the country have been skeptical about the trumped up charges against ACORN. Not to mention, most of us know that Bush's attorneys general got fired last time around because they couldn't find any evidence of voter fraud.

Hell, my own Republican Gov, Charlie Crist, even pointed out that the GOP was full of shit on this.

But feel free to show us any actual proof of fraudulent voting, Kathianne.

I can hook you up with a link to Anne Coulter's voter fraud.

:lol:

It's not just AP. Newspapers across the country have been skeptical about the trumped up charges against ACORN. Not to mention, most of us know that Bush's attorneys general got fired last time around because they couldn't find any evidence of voter fraud.

Hell, my own Republican Gov, Charlie Crist, even pointed out that the GOP was full of shit on this.

most of us call them united states attorneys.
he's only got one attorney general.
for now

So, why isn't AP doing so-I mean really looking at the charges? Instead their defense is to get an ally of Acorn to say it's trumped up. :doubt:

For the simple reason of not insulting your intelligence or that of all the posters here, I've been silent about what the SCOTUS ruling means, assuming you all are aware and just spinning.

It would behoove you all though to realize you may not be getting what you wish for with your presumed new government.

It would behoove you all though to realize you may not be getting what you wish for with your presumed new government.
Believe me, I realize it. If Obama wins and Congress has a super majority of democrats, they will no doubt screw the pooch just like the republicans did.

But I've never been above feeling satisfied that a bunch of hate mongers end up in the gutter.

Believe me, I realize it. If Obama wins and Congress has a super majority of democrats, they will no doubt screw the pooch just like the republicans did.

But I've never been above feeling satisfied that a bunch of hate mongers end up in the gutter.

:clap2:

So, why isn't AP doing so-I mean really looking at the charges? Instead their defense is to get an ally of Acorn to say it's trumped up. :doubt:

For the simple reason of not insulting your intelligence or that of all the posters here, I've been silent about what the SCOTUS ruling means, assuming you all are aware and just spinning.

Why don't you answer her question about providing a link where these people actually voted! You can register as Mickey Mouse but when you show up to vote you are either going to need a custome and a ID with your picture as Mickey Mouse, or really be Mickey Mouse!

Their defense? Its called showing both sides of an issue. I guess you prefer when newspapers only show one side, the side you agree with?

Their defense? Its called showing both sides of an issue. I guess you prefer when newspapers only show one side, the side you agree with?

You twit, they are just showing one side. While trying to paint 'hate' on the other side, when the concern is undermining our electoral system.

The stories are almost comical: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, registered to vote on Nov. 4. The entire starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team, signed up to go the polls — in Nevada.

But no one in either presidential campaign is laughing. Not publicly, anyway.

Republicans, led by John McCain, are alleging widespread voter fraud. The Democrats and Barack Obama say the controversy is preposterous and is just political mudslinging.

In the middle is the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, known as ACORN, a grass-roots community group that has led liberal causes since it formed in 1970. This year, ACORN hired more than 13,000 part-time workers and sent them out in 21 states to sign up voters in minority and poor neighborhoods.

ACORN controversy: Voter fraud or mudslinging? - Yahoo! News

You twit, they are just showing one side. While trying to paint 'hate' on the other side, when the concern is undermining our electoral system.

One side?

So Palin is on ACORN's side as well?

And when they said:

Obama helped represent ACORN in a successful 1995 suit against the state of Illinois, which forced enactment of the so-called motor-voter law, making it easier for people to register vote. Obama said this week that he had "nothing to do with" ACORN's massive voter registration drive.

That was them doing their damnest to help Obama too, right? :cuckoo:

Why don't you answer her question about providing a link where these people actually voted! You can register as Mickey Mouse but when you show up to vote you are either going to need a custome and a ID with your picture as Mickey Mouse, or really be Mickey Mouse!

Shouldn't be hard to do, hell, there are people "proving" their Elvis Presley .:eusa_whistle:

One side?

So Palin is on ACORN's side as well?

And when they said:

That was them doing their damnest to help Obama too, right? :cuckoo:

Sorry, Obama did that, which I'm sure you know. Lying isn't working with me, though I agree that with AP it certainly will. Then again, AP is going in the tank literally, with Tribune being the first big conglomerate to give two years notice.

Probably wasn't the smartest deal that AP tried to up their rates, while losing credibility.

you can't be serious with this kath. Are you just as outraged at the efforts by the GOP regarding voter suppression? The DNC nor Obama have been using ACORN. Obama used an ACORN subsidiary during the primaries and since then has implemented his own get out the vote team which has proven far superior to that of ACORN.

I attended a voter registration training meeting for the Obama campaign and they gave STRICT instruction that everyone we registered had to show ou a valid ID otherwise the registration would be thrown out.

ACORN flagged the questionable registrations THEMSELVES or does that slip your attention or not count? They had people working for them, being paid to register people and instead of doing the job they were paid for, they made shit up. ACORN alerted the proper authorities about this problem and NO fraudulent votes have been cast based on those registrations.

This is the GOP effort to make it seem plausible to challenge new registrations. it's nothing more and nothing less.

Have you been reading rightwing blogs for so many years, that you can't recognize a news story that presents both sides of an issue?

Republicans, led by John McCain, are alleging widespread voter fraud.

Is ACORN, according to McCain, perpetuating voter fraud that could be "destroying the fabric of democracy"?

Accusations of stolen votes have a long history in presidential elections. In the 2000 recount debacle, Republicans claimed illegal ballots were cast

On Friday, during a campaign appearance, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin repeated McCain's recent claims that Obama has close ties to ACORN.

"You deserve to know," Palin told thousands in a park north of Cincinnati. "This group needs to learn that you here in Ohio won't let them turn the Buckeye State into the Acorn State."

Republicans say any number of fake registrations is unacceptable and could affect the November election.

Controversy is nothing new. Its leaders are currently locked in a legal dispute stemming from allegations that the brother of the group's founder misappropriated nearly $1 million of the nonprofit's money several years ago. Since the 2004 election, ex-employees have been convicted of submitting false registrations in states including Florida and Missouri.

You Cons have been ranting and raving about this stuff for years. But when asked, you've NEVER given a credible link to any PROOF that people are actually voting fraudulently. The FBI has looked into it, and non-partisan studies have been done on it. And there's virtually no evidence of anybody intentionally voting fraudulently.

Please post your proof if you have it.

The thing about hurling accusations, is that its not up to us or the AP to disprove your accussations. You have to be the one to provide some evidence or proof of your accussations.

All I've seen is that some jerks registered as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, or as members of the Dallas Cowboys. No one is going to show up at the polls to vote as Donald Duck. I think, at this point, what the evidence shows is that a few people were being assholes and filling out fake registrations as a stupid joke, or that a few ACORN workers filled out some bogus ones as a way of making a few fast bucks.

ACORN flagged those registration cards as being possibly bogus and turned them into the State, on their own accord, and as required by law.

I'm not seeing a vast criminal conspiracy here to commit actual and intentional voting fraud. I'm seeing evidence of registration fraud. Not even at a large scale at that

Last edited:

Forum List

Back