Vote Republican If You Want Equal Pay

Actually, it does because that case is representative of the judicial philosophy of the Bush/McCain judges. And the ruling sets precedent for every other federal court in the country.

The "free market", which doesn't actually exist at all, does not assure equal pay.

How representative? Please cite.

I'll probably get crucified for this but.....

As far as equal pay, I am all for it. I have had the privilege to know some very smart and capable women who had it all over some of the men I've worked with and yes folks here is that but you knew was coming...

If I was going to hire a person to be a key part of an organization, I would want to know that that person was going to be there for the long haul; to be able to work longer hours etc. That said if a candidate for the position was an exceptionally qualified woman, I would want to know whether or not she was planning on having kids in the next five years so that a maternity leave won't take her out of a major project and leave the company short of a needed and valued exec.

I would like to ask her this, but it is illegal, I would like to put a clause in her contract that states as long as the contract is in force that she will not have kids but I can't do that either.

so what do I do? I hedge my bets and err on the side that she will have kids, take maternity leaves and call out more to take care of her rug rats and adjust her pay accordingly.

Is that "wrong" or is it just being prudent

I'll probably get crucified for this but.....

As far as equal pay, I am all for it. I have had the privilege to know some very smart and capable women who had it all over some of the men I've worked with and yes folks here is that but you knew was coming...

If I was going to hire a person to be a key part of an organization, I would want to know that that person was going to be there for the long haul; to be able to work longer hours etc. That said if a candidate for the position was an exceptionally qualified woman, I would want to know whether or not she was planning on having kids in the next five years so that a maternity leave won't take her out of a major project and leave the company short of a needed and valued exec.

I would like to ask her this, but it is illegal, I would like to put a clause in her contract that states as long as the contract is in force that she will not have kids but I can't do that either.

so what do I do? I hedge my bets and err on the side that she will have kids, take maternity leaves and call out more to take care of her rug rats and adjust her pay accordingly.

Is that "wrong" or is it just being prudent

Great point. America isn't sexist, the businesses are taking a certain risk by hiring women. So by taking the risk, they should able to pay less to women. I think this is a business decision.

I'm reminding you to put your special ed helmet on so you can avoid this kind of short bus disaster the next time you post a thread.

Watching Grampa John with Cindy, I really don't get the impression he thinks a lot of women's rights or equality. She almost always walks behind him and seems more a fixture than a person.

Now jumping in the sack when he was younger, that was different.:lol:

Great point. America isn't sexist, the businesses are taking a certain risk by hiring women. So by taking the risk, they should able to pay less to women. I think this is a business decision.

Again, you're missing the point. This is pay parity... not a hiring issue.

Why is it always the women who chose to stay home and not work who think other women should be penalized because they DO work?

Forum List

Back