Need help with Ryan

wayne

Nov 4, 2006
I remember this from the news, but I can't find it on the Internet, can anyone else?

Does anyone remember Senator Ryan who ran against Obama in 2004? Do you remember how his sealed divorce decree was leaked to the press? You know that happened twice to two different opponents, or perhaps enemies?

I remember this from the news, but I can't find it on the Internet, can anyone else?

Does anyone remember Senator Ryan who ran against Obama in 2004? Do you remember how his sealed divorce decree was leaked to the press? You know that happened twice to two different opponents, or perhaps enemies?

Jack Ryan (Senate candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Jack Ryan (born circa 1960) is a Republican from the state of Illinois who was forced to withdraw from the 2004 United States Senate race due to an alleged sex scandal involving his relationship with his ex-wife, actress Jeri Ryan.

yeah that is why Obama has not raised the fact that Cindy McCain stole drugs from her charity and used her employees names to do it then fired one of those employees for telling the authorities she had a problem with drugs.

That is why they always bring up facts like this huh?

What horseshit, if they wanted to play dirty McCrusty would be polling a 3%

Jeri Ryan.....

jeri_ryan_light_blue_sweater.jpg

Obama's thugocracy again.

Strange--that link doesn't lead to the page that I got it from???

This is what it says on the Wiki page I am looking at from that link:

Jack Ryan (2004 U.S. Senate candidate) - Wikipedia, the free ...
Jack Ryan (Senate candidate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Political platform

During his Senate campaign, Ryan was a proponent of across-the-board tax cuts and tort reform, an effort to limit payout in medical malpractice lawsuits. He was also a proponent of school choice and an approach that stresses accountability in education and the freedom to choose which school one's children attend.

[edit] 2004 U.S. Senate race

See also: Illinois United States Senate election, 2004

Ryan hoped to succeed retiring Republican Peter Fitzgerald in the United States Senate. On March 16, 2004, he won the Republican primary, thus pairing him against Democrat Barack Obama. However, after his divorce records were unsealed and made public, he withdrew his candidacy on June 25, 2004, and officially filed the documentation to withdraw on July 29, 2004.

Controversially, in 2004, Ryan had Justin Warfel (a campaign worker) follow his opponent, Barack Obama, throughout the day and record everything he did in public on videotape.[4] The tactic backfired when many people, including Ryan's supporters, criticized this activity. Ryan's spokesman apologized, and promised that Warfel would give Obama more space. Obama acknowledged that it is standard practice to film an opponent in public, and Obama said he was satisfied with Ryan's decision to have Warfel back off.[4]

[edit] Campaign demise

Ryan married actress Jeri Ryan in 1991; together they have a son, Alex Ryan. They divorced in 1999 in California, and the records of the divorce were sealed at their mutual request. Five years later, when Ryan's Senate campaign began, the Chicago Tribune newspaper and WLS-TV, the local ABC affiliate, sought to have the records released. On March 3, 2004, several of Ryan's GOP primary opponents urged release of the records.[5] Both Ryan and his wife agreed to make their divorce records public, but not make the custody records public, claiming that the custody records could be harmful to their son if released. On March 16, 2004, Ryan won the GOP primary with 36 percent to 23 percent against Jim Oberweis who came in second.[6] Obama won the Democratic primary, with 53 percent to 23 percent against Dan Hynes, who came in second.

People alleged to be backers of Barack Obama emailed reporters about the divorce controversy, but refrained from on-the-record commentary about the divorce files.[7] On March 29, 2004, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider ruled that several of the Ryans' divorce records should be opened to the public, and ruled that a court-appointed referee would later decide which custody files should remain sealed to protect the interests of Ryan's young child.[8] The following week, on April 2, 2004, Barack Obama formally established his position about the Ryans' soon-to-be-released divorce records, and called on Democrats to not inject them into the campaign.[7] The Ryan campaign characterized Obama's shift as hypocritical, because Obama's alleged backers had been emailing reports about the divorce records prior to Judge Schnider's decision.[7]

On June 22, 2004, after receiving a report from the referee, Judge Schnider released the files that were deemed consistent with the interests of Ryan's young child. In those files, Jeri Ryan alleged that Jack Ryan had taken her to sex clubs in several cities, intending for them to have sex in public.[1] The decision to release these files generated much controversy because it went against both parents' direct request, and because it reversed the earlier decision to seal the papers in the best interest of the child. Jim Oberweis, Ryan's defeated GOP opponent, commented that "these are allegations made in a divorce hearing, and we all know people tend to say things that aren't necessarily true in divorce proceedings when there is money involved and custody of children involved."[1]

Prior to release of the documents, Ryan claimed he had told leading Republicans that the divorce file could cause problems for his campaign.[9] But after the documents were released, GOP officials including state GOP Chair Judy Baar Topinka said they felt Ryan had mislead them, saying the divorce records would not be embarrassing.[10] That charge of dishonesty led to calls for Ryan's withdrawal, though Topinka said after the June 25 withdrawal that Ryan's "decision was a personal one" and that the state GOP had not pressured Ryan to drop out.[11] Ryan's campaign ended less than a week after the custody records were opened, and Ryan officially filed the documentation to withdraw on July 29, 2004. The same party leaders who called for Ryan's resignation chose Alan Keyes as Ryan's replacement in the race; Keyes lost to Obama, 27% to 70%.

[edit] 2004 Senate campaign in retrospect

Subsequent to his withdrawal from the U.S. Senate race in Illinois, Jack Ryan has characterized what happened to him as a "new low for politics in America".[12] According to Ryan, it was unprecedented in American politics for a newspaper to sue for access to sealed custody documents. Ryan opposed unsealing the divorce records of Senator John Kerry during Kerry's race against George W. Bush in 2004, and Kerry's divorce records remained sealed. Ryan has made this request: "let me be the only person this has happened to. Don’t ask for Ted Kennedy’s. Don’t ask for John McCain’s. Don’t ask for Joe Lieberman’s. Just stop. This is not a good precedent for American society if you really want the best and brightest to run."[12]

Ryan acts, if true, did not commit a crime, but Clinton's did. Can liberals , as a hold, be trusted with power.

Did you not see the slew of criminals your party produced over the last 30 years?

I worked for Jack Ryan's campaign. I was in the room the day he withdrew from the race. That was the last time I was in Chicago. The Illinois GOP sold him down the river. Ryan was hanging with Obama. If I remember correctly he was 5 points down.

Then the sealed divorce file was unsealed and the Illinois GOP forced him to step down. The charge you may ask? The charge was that Mr. Ryan allegedly ask his ife to have sex with him in a public sex club. So basically, his career was ended for propositioning his wife for some kinky sex. Then they replace him on the ticket with Alan fuckin Keyes. A resident of Maryland. A man who bought a house in Chicago the week after the Illinois GOP caucused him in. Then he sold it a week after he lost. I fucking hate Illinois politics. Both parties here suck.

Did you not see the slew of criminals your party produced over the last 30 years?

Do you have anything intelligent to add? Have you seen the slew of criminals your party has produced over the last 30 years?

Name one criminal produced by the GOP that was acting on behalf of the GOP in a manner taught officially by the GOP and not on their own behalf.

In other words, zip it.

Forum List

Back