Virginia Beach's #OffshoreWind project can begin construction.

Blah, when it falls over I guess it will make for good structure for the fishes.
That was my first thought.

First was. .. doesn't this area get a hurricane every few years? So, if so. . . is this structure;
8n4u2c.jpg

Is it hurricane proof? If so, and to what hurricane rating? Does that shorten its operational lifespan? What is its operational life span?

Blah, when it falls over I guess it will make for good structure for the fishes.
So when the whales start to show up dead on Virgina Beach shores, you can then thank Joe Bribem for that.
Not so good for the seabirds

Dead baby whales and other massacred sea creatures have no bearing on today's eco-terrorists. They could care less as long as they can force their lifestyle choices on you.

They have these off the coast of Amsterdam. You can see them from the plane as you're landing at Schiphol. Are any of these things happening there?

Lol conservatives are so butthurt
First of all. . I'm not a conservative. I'm an independent. I just read and follow the facts, remember history, and know what motivates humans.

Human nature does not change. It is not political. Human nature is neither left nor right, you can't change it. You are delusional if you think you can.

Second, a lot of folks have a longer memory than the OP. Folks that are happy-shiny overly optimistic about these new- tech energy projects that are probably too? . . . reliant on government subsidies? :sigh2:

These folks may find, this is just a cabal of criminals, trying to cash in before the final curtain comes crashing down on us all.

I sincerely hope I am wrong though. I hope this is a good investment, I really do. Experience tells me otherwise.

Here are a few links. Maybe you are smart enough to figure it out. I doubt it though. You have too much cognitive bias, and partisan blinders on, to do much critical thinking, IMO.

EXCLUSIVE Stonepeak Partners eyes as much as $20 bln for North America infrastructure fund -sources​

Dominion to Sell Half of 2.6 GW Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind Project in Multi-Billion-Dollar Deal​

February 22, 2024,
Dominion to Sell Half of 2.6 GW Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind Project in Multi-Billion-Dollar Deal

Dominion Energy Sells Half Virginia Offshore Wind Farm for $3B to Stonepeak​

Dominion Energy Sells Half Virginia Offshore Wind Farm for $3B to Stonepeak

They're a horrible "investment"...Not a one of them will ever generate enough electricity to recoup the costs of manufacturing, erecting, and maintaining them.....Never.
I believe it would depend on their life span, wouldn't it?

How can we make this statement, unless we know how much energy they generate, compared to their lifespan, versus other methods.

From what I have read, I agree. They seem woefully under-productive, when energy costs of NG, oil, nuclear, and coal are low though.

Only when the government taxes CO2 and if these have a long long life? Maybe?

They have these off the coast of Amsterdam. You can see them from the plane as you're landing at Schiphol. Are any of these things happening there?
Off Shore Wind Farms Are Detrimental to Whales – The Heartland Institute
First Published at American Thinker
Since 2016, more than 200 humpback whales have died and been stranded on beaches along the East Coast, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric (NOAA). In fact, NOAA is so concerned about the sheer number of dead humpback whales in this region that it has labeled the situation an “unusual mortality event.”
Likewise, NOAA has declared an “unusual mortality event” regarding the mysterious mass deaths of the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale along the East Coast. As NOAA notes, more than 125 North Atlantic right whales have been found “dead, seriously injured, or sublethally injured” from 2017 to 2024.

How Many Birds Are Killed by Wind Turbines?
It's important to consider that wind energy capacity has grown considerably since then. The study by Loss and others reported that there were 44,577 turbines in operation in 2012, while the U.S. Wind Turbine Database indicates that there are 65,548 today — an increase of 47 percent. Adjusting for this industry growth, we can project that approximately 538,000 wind turbine-caused bird deaths occur in the U.S. each year.
Yeah, just like with the ole Soviet Union and East Germany, they didnt give a rats ass about the environment just ways to keep the Party in Power. Typical of Marxists where the rich elites get richer while the rest of US suffer and so do the innocent animals....

Forum List

Back