Virginia and New York tell Delta: You're welcome here

The VOR

Gold Member
May 8, 2011
[[ If Delta doesn't feel at home in Georgia anymore, Virginia and New York are standing by.

Georgia Republicans are threatening to withhold a hefty tax break for the airline because it ended a travel discount for the NRA. Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle said corporations "cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back."

Democrats in other states responded Tuesday by publicly wooing Delta.

"Virginia is for lovers and airline hubs," Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said on Twitter. "You're welcome here any time."

"NY is open for business," added Kathy Hochul, the lieutenant governor of New York. "Move HQ to where you're appreciated?" ]]

It should be interesting to see how the Georgia Republicans respond to this. I have a feeling they'll be scraping this bill real soon.

New York, Virginia court Delta following backlash from Georgia Republicans

[[ If Delta doesn't feel at home in Georgia anymore, Virginia and New York are standing by.

Georgia Republicans are threatening to withhold a hefty tax break for the airline because it ended a travel discount for the NRA. Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle said corporations "cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back."

"Virginia is for lovers and airline hubs," Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said on Twitter. "You're welcome here any time."

"NY is open for business," added Kathy Hochul, the lieutenant governor of New York. "Move HQ to where you're appreciated?" ]]

It should be interesting to see how the Georgia Republicans respond to this. I have a feeling they'll be scraping this bill real soon.

I wouldn’t mind Delta moving over here. Plenty of room out by Dulles. NOVA likes more jobs :thup:

And the best part of this is that the NRA HQ is in Virginia! That would be awesome if Delta moved there! (not that they will)

LOL Georgia is going to lose hundreds of millions in revenue and thousands of jobs because they want to protect, get this, the discounts that Delta was offering NRA members. Yeah the discounts.

"How dare you not take ten dollars off the fare for people we like. Why you must be punished!"

Delta responds - "I'm sorry did you say something? We were too busy moving all those jobs to Virginia."

LOL Georgia is going to lose hundreds of millions in revenue and thousands of jobs because they want to protect, get this, the discounts that Delta was offering NRA members. Yeah the discounts.

"How dare you not take ten dollars off the fare for people we like. Why you must be punished!"

Delta responds - "I'm sorry did you say something? We were too busy moving all those jobs to Virginia."

And keep in mind the discounts were for only one weekend a year and to only one specific town each year.

On a more serious note, I wish they would move to teach governments that it is wrong to interfere with private business like this. If Ga gets away with it you will see every state in the union doing it and then you will see the Feds doing it

And keep in mind the discounts were for only one weekend a year and to only one specific town each year.

You have to be kidding. Yes the Republicans in Georgia, they know a good sword to fall on when they see one! :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back