Virginia and New Jersey- going republican in November????

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Very interesting races here, considering that neither have voted for republicans since
1997. Something to watch and pay close attention to, especially for all you liberals who deny that there is a grass roots movement going on in this country that is saying a very loud NO to more government spending, and a federal take over of another 6% of our economy on our health care.

Election 2009: Virginia Governor Election - Rasmussen Reports™

New Jersey has been and will be a tight race. As for Virginia, both candidates are fucktards. It's only a matter of which fucktard they'll vote for. The fact any woman would vote for Bob at this point just makes me shake my head. What a way this society is going.

Very interesting races here, considering that neither have voted for republicans since
1997. Something to watch and pay close attention to, especially for all you liberals who deny that there is a grass roots movement going on in this country that is saying a very loud NO to more government spending, and a federal take over of another 6% of our economy on our health care.

Both are potential bellwether indicators for 2010.

The Obama buyer remorse is tangible - but the anti- Democrat feelings even more so...

You know it, and with the mood of this country from democrats, independents, republicans, it could be quite a show and something I will pay special attention to. These two states vote democrat and are almost always in lock step with the democratic party. If they switch and elect Republican governors it's going to scare the be-jesus out of the rest of those libs in congress and the senate. If republicans end up in those seats, you will see many dems bailing on the health care plan and distancing themselves from Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

The Obama buyer remorse is tangible - but the anti- Democrat feelings even more so...

AGREED--Corzine is in trouble in N.J--& losing to a Republican is going to spell disaster for democrats in 2010 in both houses.

It's going to be a beer & popcorn night. This will be the "only" night I will watch the tingley feeling channel MS--NBC to see the look on Criss Mathews face--lol.

Last edited:
You know it, and with the mood of this country from democrats, independents, republicans, it could be quite a show and something I will pay special attention to. These two states vote democrat and are almost always in lock step with the democratic party. If they switch and elect Republican governors it's going to scare the be-jesus out of the rest of those libs in congress and the senate. If republicans end up in those seats, you will see many dems bailing on the health care plan and distancing themselves from Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

Ditto--they'll be going to bed that night with nightmares of this BIG kind of pink slip of paper on their minds that their jobs have been terminated.:lol::lol:

$obama-lip-service.jpg

Tsunami coming November 2010.

Ditto--they'll be going to bed that night with nightmares of this BIG kind of pink slip of paper on their minds that their jobs have been terminated.:lol::lol:

View attachment 8418

Tsunami coming November 2010.

Yep, I am going to be watchin and beer and popcorn sound pretty good to me.:lol::lol:

whats the status of ACORN in those states?

New Jersey will be decided by one single thing: How well Corzine is able to get his supporters out to vote. Christie will never win if Jersey City, Newark, and Camden come out and vote. But that's the real question - one I'm sure that Corzine's campaign is thinking real hard about - how to get those people to actually leave their house and vote? New Jersey's new Vote-By-Mail may tip the scales towards Corzine, but it remains to be seen how much.

I fear Corzine will win NJ again. The race is close and I know several Rs and Is who are voting for a third party candidate. If you want to see what Obama wants for the rest of the country, check out what Corzine has done to our state.

AGREED--Corzine is in trouble in N.J--& losing to a Republican is going to spell disaster for democrats in 2010 in both houses.

It's going to be a beer & popcorn night. This will be the "only" night I will watch the tingley feeling channel MS--NBC to see the look on Criss Mathews face--lol.

When Bush won in 2004 you could almost see the press on those normal channels start to cry. 2000 was similar, their faces just fell when Bush was ahead. It was worth watching just to laugh at the expressions on those liberals faces as they were shown the door.

Something to watch and pay close attention to, especially for all you liberals who deny that there is a grass roots movement going on in this country that is saying a very loud NO to more government spending, and a federal take over of another 6% of our economy on our health care.

Coming from NJ I know your analysis has nothing to do with the actual race. Corzine was universally hated by most in NJ. Early in the campaign, Christie lead by 20%. Most were urging Corzine to withdraw.

Once the spotlight was put on Christie, he proved to be less than impressive. Corzine has pulled even in the polls and we will see what happens in three weeks

NJ looks like it is going through its usual cocktease. Early in the cycle the GOP looks good then they fade fast. Christie is free falling right now and there is too much time left to just ride it out. He somehow has to right the ship.

As for Virginia, what it comes down to is that Creigh Deeds is pretty much the worst candidate I've ever seen for a statewide office. On the other hand, McDonnell is running a really good campaign. His plans and ideas are either pie in the sky or just complete bullshit, but he'll get elected. Deeds has focused solely on McDonnell's thesis. While the thesis is incredibly psychotic and should be part of the campaign, we are less than a month out from the election and I still don't have any Idea what the hell he stands for. I should note also that this has been a local election, at least from my eyes it has been mostly about transportation funding and whether or not McDonnell is totally nuts. I don't think it has much "bellweather" quality to it.

Last edited:
If Corzine wins in NJ, it will be a major defeat for the republicans.

Given Corzines miserable performance as Governor and Christies record as a Federal Prosecutor, it looked like a done deal for the republicans. All Christie had to do was show a pulse and it would be a walk through.

However, Christie has been less than inspiring. He shows no enthusiasm and has no clear direction. How the GOP could have screwed this one up is beyond me

NJ is an automatic for the Democrats these days.

That race mysteriously went from a double digit lead to a near dead heat almost over night.

Considering Jersey is the most corrupt state in the nation, no way it changes hands.

NJ is an automatic for the Democrats these days.

That race mysteriously went from a double digit lead to a near dead heat almost over night.

Considering Jersey is the most corrupt state in the nation, no way it changes hands.

More likely Corzine has kicked his campaign into high gear, including a massive campaign to associate himself with Obama, and a massive Vote-By-Mail and GOTV operation.

Or you can just blame corruption... it's much easier.

Forum List

Back