Violence against women by Israeli society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coyote,

Your post was too long to quote.

In brief, you have provided no proof that disputes India's low ranking on rape index. Your opinion or the opinion of people who have too much time to post on Wikipedia does not matter much, at least to me. I have been through this song and dance with you before when we were discussing the rape crisis and pedophilia in UK.

Did you totally miss what I said?

1. Rape as a crime is defined differently under the law in different countries.
2. Rape is frequently under-reported - more so in countries where women hold a low status.

Answer this: HOW can rape statistics be meaningful given the above?

You are certainly allowed your opinion but your responses here, your inabillity to defend your stance or even address the points brought speaks more to you, as a debater than it does to any of us.

I'm not sure what your purpose is with this thread but it certainly doesn't seem to be a discussion on violence towards women. Like it or not - India does not fare well in that regard.

Let me repeat it one more time. The UN statistics does not go by the specific definition of a country. They exclude things like statutory rape unless girl is under 13. I have explained this to you many times. You keep parroting the same stuff.

You have explained nothing and either don't understand what I said or choose not to understand.

Where do the UN statistics get their data? Lets start with that.

A UN criteria is supplied to the authorities. Authorities along with UN officials gather data based on that criteria. I have explained this to you many times before but you seem to be more interested in parroting the same thing again and again.

Where does the data come from? Can't you at least provide a straight answer?

I did.

Good night brother...sleep tight God Bless you

Sorry to interrupt, but I think you are being a little naive and bamboozled by this bullshit artist. "Hasbara posting false data" is like dog whistle for Jew hater. You should know that. Now he's sweet talking you by wishing you a merry Christmas in the middle of summer. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this piece of shit.

You are not sorry. You are happy to interrupt. She needs to stay away from you - an Indian hater.

Roudy is very expressive but - I have never heard him express an hatred towards Indians or even anything negative. Where are you getting all this? Is India beyond the pale in terms of critique?

The only time I hated Indians is when I ask for spicy chicken tikka masala and they bring me mild. Ruins the whole purpose of going to an Indian restaurant. They always assume just because you aren't Indian you can't handle their spicy food. This injustice has to stop.

Just because you like Tikka Masala does not make you any less Indian hater. As a matter of fact, professing love for Tikka Masala is a typical method operandi of India haters to disguise their true color. BTW, Tikka Masala is not Indian.

No, I hate Indians mostly because of their samosas. Its always a big downer, most of them don't get it right. Oh wait, samosa isn't an Indian dish either. So maybe I actually like them.

Just tell us what drugs you're on and give us some of it.

Sorry to interrupt, but I think you are being a little naive and bamboozled by this bullshit artist. "Hasbara posting false data" is like dog whistle for Jew hater. You should know that. Now he's sweet talking you by wishing you a merry Christmas in the middle of summer. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this piece of shit.

You are not sorry. You are happy to interrupt. She needs to stay away from you - an Indian hater.

Roudy is very expressive but - I have never heard him express an hatred towards Indians or even anything negative. Where are you getting all this? Is India beyond the pale in terms of critique?

The only time I hated Indians is when I ask for spicy chicken tikka masala and they bring me mild. Ruins the whole purpose of going to an Indian restaurant. They always assume just because you aren't Indian you can't handle their spicy food. This injustice has to stop.

Just because you like Tikka Masala does not make you any less Indian hater. As a matter of fact, professing love for Tikka Masala is a typical method operandi of India haters to disguise their true color. BTW, Tikka Masala is not Indian.

No, I hate Indians mostly because of their samosas. Its always a big downer, most of them don't get it right. Oh wait, samosa isn't an Indian dish either. So maybe I actually like them.

Samosa is Indian, you idiot :) Shut up and learn something.

Wikipedia (and Vikrant, you disparage Wiki but you sure do use it): Rape statistics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

A United Nations statistical report compiled from government sources showed that more than 250,000 cases of rape or attempted rape were recorded by police annually. The reported data covered 65 countries.

The report itself: Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems

That would seem to indicate that the UN gets it's statistics from police reports. That means what is reported is dependent on what the laws are regarding rape and the willingness or ability of women to report it.

Do you really think Egypt has the second lowest incidence of rape among all countries reported?

I love tikka masala....in fact...I'm craving some good Indian food....I'm going to make dahl tomorrow - I've a good slow cooker reciepe :)
Someone I'm with always ends up ordering the chicken tikka which we share My favorite is the green lamb vegetable dish I believe it's called lamb khorma. It reminds me of a Persian dish but of course much spicier. My motto for Indian food is "eat now, pay later".

I don't know the proper name for it but one I like a lot is spinach paneer (I think) - it has cheese cubes in it. When we first came back to the states my mother tried to make it - that was the early 60's and you couldn't find proper ingredients like you can now. So she tried to make the cheese and it failed - the milk just rotted. Apparently - it's pastuerized and because it's pastuerized it doesn't have the organisms necessary to make the cheese curds. A stinky lesson!

It is called Palak Paneer. Palak means spinach. It is mainly popular in Northern part of India. BTW, you can buy paneer (cheese) from Wholefood.

Wikipedia (and Vikrant, you disparage Wiki but you sure do use it): Rape statistics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

A United Nations statistical report compiled from government sources showed that more than 250,000 cases of rape or attempted rape were recorded by police annually. The reported data covered 65 countries.

The report itself: Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems

That would seem to indicate that the UN gets it's statistics from police reports. That means what is reported is dependent on what the laws are regarding rape and the willingness or ability of women to report it.

Do you really think Egypt has the second lowest incidence of rape among all countries reported?

I use Wikipedia when I am citing non controversial issues like I am explaining something of scientific nature, mainly to avoid typing. On controversial issues, I have noticed that there are groups of people who constantly put false information on Wikipedia to spread propaganda. For that reason, it is not considered a credible source.

I'm terribly sorry your majesty, but Samosa reminds me of an Arabic food called sambosak which I love. You do realize that people in that region were so busy invading each other so much throughout history, you'll find many commonalities in the food, culture, and language?

You see, you arrogant fool, Samosa is actually a Persian / Arabic food:

Samosa - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The word "samosa" can be traced to the Persian: سنبوساگ‎ sanbosag.[6] The pastry name in other countries also derives from this root, such as the crescent-shaped sanbusak or sanbusaj in Arab countries, sambosa in Afghanistan, samosa in India, samboosa in Tajikistan, samsa by Turkic-speaking nations, sambusa in parts of Iran, and chamuça in Goa, Mozambique and Portugal.[citation needed] While they are currently referred to as sambusak in the Arabic-speaking world, Medieval Arabic recipe books sometimes spell it sambusaj.[7]

History

Preparation of wada for the Sultan Ghiyath al-Din, the Sultan of Mandu. Samosas being prepared. Small inscription 'sanbusa', samosa. Ghiyath Shahi seated on a stool in a garden is being offered a dish, possibly of samosas. A cook is frying them over a stove, while another is placing them on a round dish.
The samosa is claimed to have originated in the Middle East (where it is known as sambosa[8]) prior to the 10th century.[9] Abolfazl Beyhaqi (995-1077), an Iranian historian mentioned it in his history, Tarikh-e Beyhaghi.[10] It was introduced to the Indian subcontinent in the 13th or 14th century by traders from Central Asia.[6]

Amir Khusro (1253–1325), a scholar and the royal poet of the Delhi Sultanate, wrote in around 1300 that the princes and nobles enjoyed the "samosa prepared from meat, ghee, onion and so on".[11][12]

Ibn Battuta, the 14th-century traveler and explorer, describes a meal at the court of Muhammad bin Tughluq, where the samushak or sambusak, a small pie stuffed with minced meat, almonds, pistachio, walnuts and spices, was served before the third course, of pulao.[12][13]

The Ain-i-Akbari, a 16th-century Mughal document, mentions the recipe for qutab, which it says, “the people of Hindustan call sanbúsah”.[14]

Did ya'll know that the spices used in Indian food are actually highly beneficial to the brain? It's true. They are packed with nutrients for the brain, skin, organs in the body, some spices reduce appetite also. Same is true of teas like Oolong tea. Dr. Braverman did a study on spices and herbs and if you are eating foods with the right spices you can keep your mind very sharp and your body in optimum health. It also slows down the aging process. Look up Dr. Braverman on the internet - he has written books about it.

I'm terribly sorry your majesty, but Samosa reminds me of an Arabic food called sambosak which I love. You do realize that people in that region were so busy invading each other so much throughout history, you'll find many commonalities in the food, culture, and language?

The word "samosa" can be traced to the Persian: سنبوساگ‎ sanbosag.[6] The pastry name in other countries also derives from this root, such as the crescent-shaped sanbusak or sanbusaj in Arab countries, sambosa in Afghanistan, samosa in India, samboosa in Tajikistan, samsa by Turkic-speaking nations, sambusa in parts of Iran, and chamuça in Goa, Mozambique and Portugal.[citation needed] While they are currently referred to as sambusak in the Arabic-speaking world, Medieval Arabic recipe books sometimes spell it sambusaj.[7]

History

Preparation of wada for the Sultan Ghiyath al-Din, the Sultan of Mandu. Samosas being prepared. Small inscription 'sanbusa', samosa. Ghiyath Shahi seated on a stool in a garden is being offered a dish, possibly of samosas. A cook is frying them over a stove, while another is placing them on a round dish.
The samosa is claimed to have originated in the Middle East (where it is known as sambosa[8]) prior to the 10th century.[9] Abolfazl Beyhaqi (995-1077), an Iranian historian mentioned it in his history, Tarikh-e Beyhaghi.[10] It was introduced to the Indian subcontinent in the 13th or 14th century by traders from Central Asia.[6]

Amir Khusro (1253–1325), a scholar and the royal poet of the Delhi Sultanate, wrote in around 1300 that the princes and nobles enjoyed the "samosa prepared from meat, ghee, onion and so on".[11][12]

Ibn Battuta, the 14th-century traveler and explorer, describes a meal at the court of Muhammad bin Tughluq, where the samushak or sambusak, a small pie stuffed with minced meat, almonds, pistachio, walnuts and spices, was served before the third course, of pulao.[12][13]

The Ain-i-Akbari, a 16th-century Mughal document, mentions the recipe for qutab, which it says, “the people of Hindustan call sanbúsah”.[14]

I may accept Wikipedia on Samosa because it is not controversial enough :)

I love tikka masala....in fact...I'm craving some good Indian food....I'm going to make dahl tomorrow - I've a good slow cooker reciepe :)
Someone I'm with always ends up ordering the chicken tikka which we share My favorite is the green lamb vegetable dish I believe it's called lamb khorma. It reminds me of a Persian dish but of course much spicier. My motto for Indian food is "eat now, pay later".

I don't know the proper name for it but one I like a lot is spinach paneer (I think) - it has cheese cubes in it. When we first came back to the states my mother tried to make it - that was the early 60's and you couldn't find proper ingredients like you can now. So she tried to make the cheese and it failed - the milk just rotted. Apparently - it's pastuerized and because it's pastuerized it doesn't have the organisms necessary to make the cheese curds. A stinky lesson!

It is called Palak Paneer. Palak means spinach. It is mainly popular in Northern part of India. BTW, you can buy paneer (cheese) from Wholefood.

Ya, I've been able to buy it now, but years ago we couldn't find it - it's amazing what I can find now in the grocery stores!

History

Been eating Arabic sambosak since I was a kid. The Arabic actually tastes better I think and is spicier. Indians for some reason fuck it up. The green lamb khorma dish is also a knock off of a Persian dish called ghormeh sabzi. But on that one I like the Indian one a little better.

Ghormeh sabzi - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Ghormeh sabzi (Persian: قورمه‌سبزی‎) (Azerbaijani: Səbzi qovurma) is an Iranianherbstew. It is a very popular dish in Iran and is often said to be the Iraniannational dish. The history of Ghormeh sabzi goes back at least 500 to 1,000 years.

ghormehsabzi.jpg

Did ya'll know that the spices used in Indian food are actually highly beneficial to the brain? It's true. They are packed with nutrients for the brain, skin, organs in the body, some spices reduce appetite also. Same is true of teas like Oolong tea. Dr. Braverman did a study on spices and herbs and if you are eating foods with the right spices you can keep your mind very sharp and your body in optimum health. It also slows down the aging process. Look up Dr. Braverman on the internet - he has written books about it.

Like I said it tastes great on the way in but it's another story on the way out. Eat now, pay later. :lmao:

History

I mean are you sure?! Last I checked there were some Hasbaras lying about the origin of foods on wiki. You never know with these lying Hasbara Zionist Jooos. LOL.

History

Been eating Arabic sambosak since I was a kid. The Arabic actually tastes better I think and is spicier. Indians for some reason fuck it up. The green lamb khorma dish is also a knock off of a Persian dish called ghormeh sabzi. But on that one I like the Indian one a little better.

Ghormeh sabzi (Persian: قورمه‌سبزی‎) (Azerbaijani: Səbzi qovurma) is an Iranianherbstew. It is a very popular dish in Iran and is often said to be the Iraniannational dish. The history of Ghormeh sabzi goes back at least 500 to 1,000 years.

ghormehsabzi.jpg

Even Jewish people (at least Indian Jews) have a similar dish. I cannot remember what they call it.

Anyway, as soon as you start calling it Samosa, it becomes Indian.

History

I mean are you sure?! Last I checked there were some Hasbaras lying about the origin of foods on wiki. You never know with these lying Hasbara Zionist Jooos. LOL.

You never know but I think Hasbara trolls have bigger samosa to fry than samosa :)

History

ghormehsabzi.jpg

Even Jewish people (at least Indian Jews) have a similar dish. I cannot remember what they call it.

Yes. In Arabic it's called sambosak and believe it or not the Persians don't even have such a thing.

History

ghormehsabzi.jpg

Yes. In Arabic it's called sambosak and believe it or not the Persians don't even have such a thing.

If you want my take on it, I think the origin is perhaps Jewish.

omg I adore middle eastern food I simply adore it! and I love indian food too!!!!!hmmmmm yum! :)

omg I adore middle eastern food I simply adore it! and I love indian food too!!!!!hmmmmm yum! :)

I won't go on to say that I love Middle Easter food. I mean I like it and enjoy it. However, I will go on to say that I LOVE Middle Eastern belly dancers. BTW, does Israel have belly dancers?

lebanese food too.... garlic chicken kebabs ....eggplant yumyness and so much more.....

here where I live so many delicious Christian Lebanese Resturants..omg how delicious is that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back