Vikings need to be an outdoor team again.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I was thrilled to hear that The Vikings monday night game against the bears will be played OUTDOORS at the university of minnesota.:clap2:They need to go back to the good old days and play all their games outdoors.Dont be a wuss,Play it in the cold and in the snow like The Bears and Packers do.Those two teams are not wusses and will play all their home games in the cold weather.The Vikings players and their fans need to show they are not wusses.The Packers and Bears have it just as bad off in the cold as they do,but they are not afraid of the cold weather.same goes for the Detriot Lions as well.They need to play all their home games outdoors also again.I miss the good old days before domes were invented.The Minnesota Twins finally wised up and moved outdoors.The Vikings need to follow their footsteps.

If they want to make it back to the superbowl that would be the best thing for them.Ever since moving to the dome,they have been inconsistant when they made it to the playoffs because they are not used to the outdoors and the cold weather when they go on the road.
Last year they got as far as they did and were one late interception away from going to the superbowl because they got to play all their playoff games in domes.they struggle late in the season now when they have to play outdoors in the cold against teams like the bears cause they are not used to the cold.dont know why they dont want to make it back to the superbowl.:cuckoo:

The Vikings won't get a dime of public money if it's not at least a retractable roof. If the state helps with funding, they want it available year around for other events.

Zygi wants the state to help, so there probably won't be a Lambeau or Soldier Field equivalent in Minneapolis. Which sux, because that hypothetical roof will for sure be closed if it's below freezing on game day.

The Vikings won't get a dime of public money if it's not at least a retractable roof. If the state helps with funding, they want it available year around for other events.

Zygi wants the state to help, so there probably won't be a Lambeau or Soldier Field equivalent in Minneapolis. Which sux, because that hypothetical roof will for sure be closed if it's below freezing on game day.
i STILL say no government money to build multimillion dollar fancy stadiums for billionaires
if its a practical stadium, then let those billionaires put up and risk their OWN money

i STILL say no government money to build multimillion dollar fancy stadiums for billionaires
if its a practical stadium, then let those billionaires put up and risk their OWN money

I don't know the finances involved, and who'd have to pay for how much. If it could be a money-making deal for the state within ten-years or less, I'd be fine with it.

I don't know the finances involved, and who'd have to pay for how much. If it could be a money-making deal for the state within ten-years or less, I'd be fine with it.
they should be privately funded if they can actually be profitable

I think a dome is better.
so do i
but that balloon dome was stupid to begin with
they've had nothing but trouble with it
The current collapse is the first they've had since the last one, nearly 30 years ago.

I think you can cut a little slack when Minneapolis gets a snow storm more fitting to a place like Squaw Valley.

I think a dome is better.
so do i
The current collapse is the first they've had since the last one, nearly 30 years ago.

I think you can cut a little slack when Minneapolis gets a snow storm more fitting to a place like Squaw Valley.
havent they had leaks in the rain too?

so do i

havent they had leaks in the rain too?

The only really bad leaks have been in the Line Play this year. Can't pass protect and can't stop the run.

Those are the leaks that lose games.

Rumor has it that they will be an outdoor team again..

In LA

It is good the vikes will be outside again.

Wylf will probably sell the team first, so I doubt an LA move is coming. Currently there are no NFL franchises that are really ready to move.

statistical anomaly....:clap2:
not really
how long have there been domed stadiums
then you can eliminate all super bowl champs from the list as before domes came into play

The biggest problem with domed teams is that they have, for the most part, sucked

Saints, Lions, Seahawks...some pretty bad teams
and dont forget the houston Oilers/texans

and i think you can include the dallas cowgirls in the "domed" teams
that hole in the roof makes them at least partially domed ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back