Video urges Detroit area Muslims to attack

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Video urges Detroit area Muslims to attack

In a 48-minute recording posted on the Internet, Adam Gadahn -- a native of California who is now al-Qaida's American spokesman -- called upon Muslims living in what he called "the miserable suburbs of Paris, London, Detroit" to attack Americans, citing as examples the Ft. Hood shooter in Texas and the man who tried to set off a bomb on a plane descending into Detroit Metro Airport on Christmas Day.

Read more: Video urges Detroit area Muslims to attack | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Video urges Detroit area Muslims to attack | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

The response:

Gadahn's comments were attacked by Dawud Walid, head of the Michigan branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
"He obviously doesn't know Muslims in Detroit," Walid said today. "It appears to be a desperate plea by al-Qaida, which has virtually no support among Muslims in any Western countries."

Gadahn "should turn himself in and renounce al-Qaida's murderous ideology," Walid said. "Up to 85% of al-Qaida's casulties are Muslims. His whole discourse is irrational and insane. … Al-Qaida is an enemy to Islam itself."

I guess if the RenCen blows up, we'll see who they listen to.

Attack what? Detroit is abandoned.

didn't look abandoned when I was there last weekend.

Median Home Price in Detroit = $7,500
By Barry Ritholtz - March 1st, 2009, 10:15AM Here is your utterly insane stat for the weekend:

According to the Chicago Tribune, the median price for a home sold in the month of December 2008 in Motor City is Seven Thousand, Five Hundred dollars.

I had to write it out that way because I simply couldn’t wrap my head around the numeral $7,500 for a home.

Granted, its in one of the most economically devastated regions of the country, but still — that data point is amazing.

Median Home Price in Detroit = $7,500 | The Big Picture

By Barry Ritholtz - March 1st, 2009, 10:15AM Here is your utterly insane stat for the weekend:

According to the Chicago Tribune, the median price for a home sold in the month of December 2008 in Motor City is Seven Thousand, Five Hundred dollars.

I had to write it out that way because I simply couldn’t wrap my head around the numeral $7,500 for a home.

Granted, its in one of the most economically devastated regions of the country, but still — that data point is amazing.

So do you have a recent number? Because December 2008 is not quite October 2010.

So do you have a recent number? Because December 2008 is not quite October 2010.

I'd be happy to find one if you promise to move their immediately....

I'd be happy to find one if you promise to move their immediately....

only claim we made is that it isn't abandoned.

Before Detroit Muslims can attack, you'd have to get them all off crack first.

Shi’ite Muslims in Detroit were in mourning last week for the Ayatollah Sayyed Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah, a world-renowned Lebanese cleric who died on July 4.

Three Shi’ite mosques conducted memorial services for six nights, with thousands of area Muslims attending.

That ought to give law enforcement and government officials pause, since Fadlallah was a bloodthirsty jihadist cleric who hated America and Israel, and approved of the 1983 Hezbollah attacks on a U.S. Marine barracks and the American Embassy in Beirut that killed over 300.

In the words of one the ayatollah’s most notorious admirers, former CNN Mideast editor Octavia Nasr (who lost her job after she lauded Fadlallah on Twitter after he died), Fadlallah “hated with a vengeance the United States government and Israel,” “regularly praised the terror attacks that killed Israeli citizens,” was a Holocaust denier, and was “designated a terrorist by the U.S. Treasury Department.”

Detroit Muslims Mourn Terrorist Cleric - HUMAN EVENTS

That piece was from July. "Thousands attending" the memorial? Even if it were hundreds, it sounds like Detroit is not abandoned. Nor is it a city of so-called moderates.

Forum List

Back