Video Loop

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Just beneath the avatar and above the “active topics” on the right side of my screen, a video advertisement starts about every 30 seconds.

Whenever it does, my screen “zooms” to the video. It remains the same size but I cannot scroll down past the video.

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?

Just beneath the avatar and above the “active topics” on the right side of my screen, a video advertisement starts about every 30 seconds.

Whenever it does, my screen “zooms” to the video. It remains the same size but I cannot scroll down past the video.

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?
You can eliminate the video with a hammer.

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?
Getting the same thing on Windows laptop, but not all the time. It seems to have stopped now, but when I first login each morning the site is doing this. I logout. I have no patience for it. Would guess the site owners do this to generate revenue to keep the site up and running.

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?
Adblocker Plus. I had the same problem in the past couple of days and this morning I had enough of that shit. I installed the adblocker - what I was reluctant to do up to this annoying recurrence. It works well. No more stupid "no scroll" screen, no more stupid ads.

An ad that appears in the upper right where the user info is interferes with Safari. When I try to scroll down, the cursor is pulled back up to the top of the page. This doesn't happen with Firefox, but I hate Firefox and will have to stop posting unless this is fixed.

Most likely the problem is on your end. You have an adblocker with Safari, right? Use it otherwise life's a bitch, deal with it........

Yes, there are other browsers, but I much prefer Safari. The problem doesn't happen with all ads in that space, just the one that displays a countdown and ends with an ad for the NBA. This shouldn't happen. Please ditch that ad.

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?

This is a brand new hell, I just discovered today. I'm reluctant to add a blocker, because everybody you install, now believes they OWN your machine. And they become annoying when using that tool for work or biz. .

Let's see if Admin has any control over this new "feature"..

Is that what was making the scroll function useless this morning?

STILL, making it annoying.

Hey admin, let me know when that crap has been removed from the site (by email) I am done with all the ad stuff getting more and more aggressive here. Bye

Last edited:

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?

I’m running a macbook.

Any suggestions?

This is a brand new hell, I just discovered today. I'm reluctant to add a blocker, because everybody you install, now believes they OWN your machine. And they become annoying when using that tool for work or biz. .

Let's see if Admin has any control over this new "feature"..

I use Ad Blocker Plus for FF and Chrome, (add on's) and have for a long time, and have no problems with it. Plus, so far no running video that is being complained about.

At least I now know why I have that blank spot below my avy on the home page. Noticed that change about a week ago.

I might have fixed this on Chrome. If you go to settings --- the horizontal 3 bar icon on the top right of the browser -- under settings and then "advanced" and content/plug-ins there is a checkbox for "Ask me before starting plug-ins". .
The ad box now quietly sits there and does not hijack you back to the top of screen.

If you're not Chrome -- do a Bing search on stopping "Auto-Play" and add your browser type.
They all similarly default to "auto-play" like settings.

Let y'all know if this is a permanent fix. Right now -- It's working..

I seem to have found a Windows setting that helps. Hopefully doesn't interfere with online training that I do often, otherwise this board goes away permanently.

Nope, the NBA still wreck havoc. I refuse to change a bunch of settings and add blockers to protect myself from a site that should be user friendly.

Last edited:
SL Ad Blocker for any browser is there in the settings for the browser. It works everywhere, not just for here. Is a good thing to have.

I might have fixed this on Chrome. If you go to settings --- the horizontal 3 bar icon on the top right of the browser -- under settings and then "advanced" and content/plug-ins there is a checkbox for "Ask me before starting plug-ins". .
The ad box now quietly sits there and does not hijack you back to the top of screen.

If you're not Chrome -- do a Bing search on stopping "Auto-Play" and add your browser type.
They all similarly default to "auto-play" like settings.

Let y'all know if this is a permanent fix. Right now -- It's working..
I use Chrome on windows. This fix is not working. It seemed to be working for the past couple days, but no longer.

I feel like I just violated the Constitution by installing an ad blocker. Can I still vote in November? :(

Forum List

Back