Vicente Fox Says Mexicans Will Do Jobs Blacks Don't Want To

OCA said:
I hate to say it but Vincente is 100% completely right, no wait, he should've said Americans as a whole.

I think he's 100% wrong. America was built by hard working people. If those people are here illegaly, get rid of them and legal residents will do the work.

gop_jeff said:
I think he's 100% wrong. America was built by hard working people. If those people are here illegaly, get rid of them and legal residents will do the work.

Jeff times have changed, this isn't the early 20th century or the 19th century anymore. Americans want the easy road or no road for the most part. I predict that these jobs would go unfilled if they had to be filled by Americans and these businesses would fail. Its simply the result of an instant gratification society that we live in.

OCA said:
Jeff times have changed, this isn't the early 20th century or the 19th century anymore. Americans want the easy road or no road for the most part. I predict that these jobs would go unfilled if they had to be filled by Americans and these businesses would fail. Its simply the result of an instant gratification society that we live in.

I agree that times are different, but if we got rid of one of the causes of change (i.e. the presence of illegals as cheap labor) I think that you would find that the American can-do attitude is not dead.

gop_jeff said:
I agree that times are different, but if we got rid of one of the causes of change (i.e. the presence of illegals as cheap labor) I think that you would find that the American can-do attitude is not dead.

Jeff getting rid of illegals is simply the popular topic of the day, it will fade away soon. But what leads you to believe that a person is going to toil in the fields 12 hrs a day when most won't even flip burgers at Mickey D's?

P.S. the pay will not raise either way.

Bravo! Excellent point.

There have been a couple of fast food chains in Memphis who have closed up shop and moved completely out of the area because they couldn't find anyone to work for $6.00 - $7.00 per hour flipping burgers.

Many of the people here who received government assistance will tell you to your face - I know, it has happened to me - that unless they can make $8.50 - $9.00 per hour minimum, it isn't worth it for them to work.

OCA said:
Jeff getting rid of illegals is simply the popular topic of the day, it will fade away soon. But what leads you to believe that a person is going to toil in the fields 12 hrs a day when most won't even flip burgers at Mickey D's?

P.S. the pay will not raise either way.

GotZoom said:
Bravo! Excellent point.

There have been a couple of fast food chains in Memphis who have closed up shop and moved completely out of the area because they couldn't find anyone to work for $6.00 - $7.00 per hour flipping burgers.

Many of the people here who received government assistance will tell you to your face - I know, it has happened to me - that unless they can make $8.50 - $9.00 per hour minimum, it isn't worth it for them to work.

In that case, we should make welfare pay less than minimum wage, not more.

GotZoom said:
Bravo! Excellent point.

The question now becomes....Would you work for $6.00 per hour...I think not!...Also here in Reno,Nevada...."In and Out" burgers starts at $8.50 per hour plus benefit package...Illegals are finding the competition a bit too much....Go figure....! :rolleyes:

archangel said:
The question now becomes....Would you work for $6.00 per hour...I think not!...Also here in Reno,Nevada...."In and Out" burgers starts at $8.50 per hour plus benefit package...Illegals are finding the competition a bit too much....Go figure....! :rolleyes:
I am convinced In-N-Out has a policy of hiring only people over 16 and under 20 and with blonde hair. Are they Mormon owned? That is ALL you see working at In-N-Out in Vegas.

archangel said:

Cost of living between Reno and Memphis differs about $12,500.00 (according to MSN Cost Of Living comparison).

If everyone in Reno decided that they couldn't work for less than $11.00 per hour, do you think In And Out would pay it?

freeandfun1 said:
I am convinced In-N-Out has a policy of hiring only people over 16 and under 20 and with blonde hair. Are they Mormon owned? That is ALL you see working at In-N-Out in Vegas.

"In and Out" is a California Co....They pay a fair wage which attract's our HS and College youth...as you say competition...rules the work force...What a hypocrit you are! Also by the way "In and Out" is alive and doing quite well in the Reno area! :eek:

GotZoom said:
Cost of living between Reno and Memphis differs about $12,500.00 (according to MSN Cost Of Living comparison).

If everyone in Reno decided that they couldn't work for less than $11.00 per hour, do you think In And Out would pay it?

First and foremost...I can't relate to Vegas...I live in Northern Nevada...up here we are sick and tired of hurting our youths chances for real employment...
We are against illegal immigration and will support our community...so far it is working....take notice! :scratch:

archangel said:
"In and Out" is a California Co....They pay a fair wage which attract's our HS and College youth...as you say competition...rules the work force...What a hypocrit you are! Also by the way "In and Out" is alive and doing quite well in the Reno area! :eek:
How am I a hypocrite? And by the way, they are Mormon owned. I just read a piece about how (and I didn't know this) if you look closely, the burger wrappers have Biblical verses written on them.

freeandfun1 said:
How am I a hypocrite? And by the way, they are Mormon owned. I just read a piece about how (and I didn't know this) if you look closely, the burger wrappers have Biblical verses written on them.

Albertsons is Mormon owned also...I am Roman Catholic..should I not let my grandaughter work at Albertsons or "In and Out" because they are Mormon...even though they pay better than Mickey D's or another illegal immigration employer...think hard about this one!

archangel said:
Albertsons is Mormon owned also...I am Roman Catholic..should I not let my grandaughter work at Albertsons or "In and Out" because they are Mormon...even though they pay better than Mickey D's or another illegal immigration employer...think hard about this one!
I have NO idea what you are trying to imply. I was just commenting on how In-N-Out (here in Vegas at least) appears to have a policy of hiring only young blonde males and females. Likely they hire kids from within their wards.

freeandfun1 said:

I didn't find anything about the owners being Mormon. An article stressed the importance of Christians beliefs, customer service and keeping the employes happy - hence the $8.50 per hour wage.

It also said he had something in common with Rush.

Chairman and chief executive of In-N-Out Burger died of a Vicodin overdose. H. Guy Snyder, 48, died of an overdose of hydrocodone, an opiate three times more potent than codeine. He had a history of drug use, and had overdosed three times in 1999 and suffered a drug-related heart attack in 1996. He was under a physician’s care for , among other things, pain in his arm, shoulder and back from past injuries. His Vicodin blood level was three times higher than what is considered therapeutic use.

Forum List

Back