VFW just sounds out on Trumps comments to the Khans

Although I don't approve of Trump's response to the family, I have always thought it is somewhat unfair to belittle candidates who did not serve in the military for whatever reason. Those who did, fine, we honor their service. But those who didn't? It doesn't make the veteran "better." So in that sense, I didn't like Mr. Khan's statement "You have never sacrificed anything." Neither have I, but it doesn't make me a less good person simply because my son didn't die during his time in the service. I don't get that part of the argument. Trump should have stayed away from defending himself on that one, since it was a stupid accusation to begin with.

It was wrong of the Khan family to allow their sacrifice and grief to be used for Democratic political campaign fodder...

That said...

Trump has lost yet another decent-sized chunk of (already wavering) support, with this latest collection of foolhardy responses...

At this rate, by the time we get to November 8, Trump won't pull more than 10-15% in the General Election... one of the biggest Ass-Whoopings in recent memory.

Deservedly so.

Not because the HildaBeast (a.k.a. the Ghost of Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall) is a particularly trustworthy or competent or moral creature...

But because the Alternative is ssssooooooo very much worse...

The fool simply has no filters, nor grace nor class... a caricature and walking bumper-sticker rather than a Leader of Men and Nations...

Rather like McMurphy from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" channels the Ghost of Attila the Hun...

A big, unthinking, petulant child-man, who emotes rather than reasons...

No thank you...

I like a half-dozen things he says...

But I don't believe he'll carry through with any of them...

And, having him with his mitts on the Treasury and finger on The Button, the price is simply too high...

I despise the HildaBeast...

But I'm stuck voting for her...

God, I hate this...

Last edited:
It was wrong of the Khan family to allow their sacrifice and grief to be used for Democratic political campaign fodder...

That said...

Trump has lost yet another decent-sized chunk of (already wavering) support, with this latest collection of foolhardy responses...

At this rate, by the time we get to November 8, Trump won't pull more than 10-15% in the General Election... one of the biggest Ass-Whoopings in recent memory.

Deservedly so.

Not because the HildaBeast (a.k.a. the Ghost of Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall) is a particularly trustworthy or competent or moral creature...

The fool simply has no filters, nor grace nor class... a caricature and walking bumper-sticker rather than a Leader of Men and Nations...

Rather like McMurphy from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" channels the Ghost of Attila the Hun...

No thank you...

And, having him with his mitts on the Treasury and finger on The Button, the price is simply too high...

God, I hate this...
Amen.

That said...

Deservedly so.

No thank you...

God, I hate this...

Normally I agree. But Trump brought up the fear the muslim card. If I'm a muslim, I'm pissed.

Although I don't approve of Trump's response to the family, I have always thought it is somewhat unfair to belittle candidates who did not serve in the military for whatever reason. Those who did, fine, we honor their service. But those who didn't? It doesn't make the veteran "better." So in that sense, I didn't like Mr. Khan's statement "You have never sacrificed anything." Neither have I, but it doesn't make me a less good person simply because my son didn't die during his time in the service. I don't get that part of the argument. Trump should have stayed away from defending himself on that one, since it was a stupid accusation to begin with.

I think this case is different

"You haven't sacrificed anything" yet you seek to deny someone who has their Constitutional rights

The Trump broad brush is questioning the patriotism of a family that gave its son for the country and accusing them of being disloyal

That is where the sacrifice comes in

That said...

Deservedly so.

No thank you...

God, I hate this...

Normally I agree. But Trump brought up the fear the muslim card. If I'm a muslim, I'm pissed.
The post was 10% spanking the Khans...

And 90% spanking Trump...

Be content with that...

That said...

Deservedly so.

No thank you...

God, I hate this...

A good point. If a Presidential candidate stated that if elected he would stop Christian immigration (whatever the reason), wouldn't American Christians feel attacked?

That said...

Deservedly so.

No thank you...

God, I hate this...

the khan family had every reason to point out that trump's anti-muslim rhetoric belittled their son's sacrifice.

I'm sorry any criticism of dumb Donald offends you

xhillary-clinton-tim-kaine-rally-cancelled-800x416.png.pagespeed.ic.HYOuG-nwrA.jpg

VFW - Veterans of Foreign Wars

Herr Drumpf.....the VFW do NOT approve! :eusa_naughty:

Funny how you only give a shit about the military when it's self serving.

The guy didn't just state his view, he viciously attacked Trump. Whether you agree with what he said or not, Trump responding was certainly his right.

He could have made the point there are Muslims who are loyal to America without personally attacking Trump like that. And he did it in an ultra partisan venue, the DNC convention.

Trump had every right to respond

That said...

Deservedly so.

No thank you...

God, I hate this...

the khan family had every reason to point out that trump's anti-muslim rhetoric belittled their son's sacrifice.

I'm sorry any criticism of dumb Donald offends you

No one said they didn't have the right to state their opinion, air headed slut. What you are arguing is they have the right to say whatever they want about Trump in any venue they want to without being criticized back. Bull, they don't.

Khan exercised free speech, Trump did as well. Stop slutting for the Democrat party and at least accurately state the discussion

Forum List

Back