Veterans Today voice their anger....

u2scram

Oct 26, 2010
Revolutions and Manipulations : Veterans Today

"Make no mistake, the Liberty was meant to be sunk and with everyone dead, and the plan was to blame Egypt. America would have then invaded and occupied Egypt in 1967… were it not for a torpedo missing its mark by no more than 1 foot."

USS LIBERTY

“w
What i saw that day…israel’s 1967 holocaust of american servicemen aboard the uss liberty and its aftermath”

“What I Saw That Day…Israel’s 1967 Holocaust of American Servicemen Aboard The USS Liberty And Its Aftermath” by USS Liberty Survivor Phil Tourney is finished and available to the public in electronic media format.

My good friend, Francis Brown had caught a machine gun bullet or a piece of shrapnel in the back of the head and his blood was everywhere. His eyes were closed but his face was swelled up like a balloon. It was something that no human being should ever have to see and especially when it is your good friend.

My first thought when seeing this was “Those Arab bastards, they just blew my friend to pieces…”

–Chapter 2–Those Arab Bastards

“As the helicopter hovered over us at about fifty feet above the deck, I could see that my worst suspicions had been proven correct. This was not a rescue helicopter. Instead, there were commandos, special forces, armed with sub-machineguns used for close-quarter combat.

I knew immediately they were not here to give us help. They were here to finish what their fellow assassins had been unable to accomplish. They were going to murder the entire crew of the USS Liberty. Then, once we were all dead and they were free to move about as they pleased, they would place explosives in strategic areas of the ship, detonate them and sink us all. The perfect crime, leaving no witnesses.

As the helicopter hovered for a moment, I saw that the troops inside were preparing to board the ship. From no more than 75 feet away, I stood like a dumb-ass in an open doorway where they had a clear shot at me. I locked eyes with one of my would-be assassins who was sitting on the floor of the helicopter. His legs were hanging out, and he had one foot on the skid below as he waited for the order to repel down to the ship’s deck and finish us all off.”

and then the shock realization. they weren't Arabs....

they were Israelis.

The use of the term "holocaust" is insulting and perhaps intentionally provocative. Left wingers might fuel their hatred for Israel by remembering an incident in 1967 and promoting the theory that it was an intentional attack on Americans. More likely it was a failure of intelligence and communications.

I have no compassion for those who use problems of the past to justify current actions. Be they Jews or Blacks or whomever. We live in the present and for the future.

Last edited:
I have no cvompassion for those who use problems of the past to justify current actions. Be they Jews or Balcks or whomever. We live in the present and for the future.

I agree with what you say to a certain extent, specifically, not reliving the past but history is something we should learn from and not make the same mistakes in the future.

I have no cvompassion for those who use problems of the past to justify current actions. Be they Jews or Balcks or whomever. We live in the present and for the future.

I agree with what you say to a certain extent, specifically, not reliving the past but history is something we should learn from and not make the same mistakes in the future.

I cannot disagree with that concpet. but we do not seem to learn from past mistakes very well and seem destined to repeat them.

We have not done one single thing to correct the issues (multiple ones) that caused our current recession to prevent it from continuing or happening again.

We keep re-electing the same old incumbents in congress, etc.

I cannot disagree with that concpet. but we do not seem to learn from past mistakes very well and seem destined to repeat them.

We have not done one single thing to correct the issues (multiple ones) that caused our current recession to prevent it from continuing or happening again.

We keep re-electing the same old incumbents in congress, etc.

We have been electing the same assholes into Congress forever it seems. It's our own damned fault the country is in the shape it's in. We have all been sleeping while the fox has been raiding the hen house. Congress needs to generate problems to make themselves important. If they solve all the problems there is no real need for them. You can't tell me that in the 200 plus years that America has existed that every law that is really needed couldn't have already been passed.

Cliches aren't the answer. We officially settled the issue (learned from our mistakes) back in the 80's with official apologies and presumably better leadership and intelligence as well as communication. It should be obvious that the intent of the post is to bring out the usual anti-Israel lefties and promote hatred for Israel while the muslem brotherhood is gaining a foothold in the Egyptian government

I would like to see a cap put on laws. We can have no more numerically than we now have.
You want a new one you have to do away with one.

Cliches aren't the answer. We officially settled the issue (learned from our mistakes) back in the 80's with official apologies and presumably better leadership and intelligence as well as communication. It should be obvious that the intent of the post is to bring out the usual anti-Israel lefties and promote hatred for Israel while the muslem brotherhood is gaining a foothold in the Egyptian government

It is their country and if the majority of them want a muslim govt that is their business not ours. It is called democracy.

I have serious doubts that we will ever know what happened that day. I doubt we will ever know for certain why it happened. I want to believe it was a mistake that got compounded. But I do not know. And of course I honor all veterans for their service to this great country.

I have serious doubts that we will ever know what happened that day. I doubt we will ever know for certain why it happened. I want to believe it was a mistake that got compounded. But I do not know. And of course I honor all veterans for their service to this great country.

why serious doubts? do you not believe the men of the uss liberty?
why was the captain given the medal of honor....on board his ship instead of at the white house?

the men are dying out...and the governments hope the truth will die with them...i hope it does not.

why serious doubts? do you not believe the men of the uss liberty?
why was the captain given the medal of honor....on board his ship instead of at the white house?

the men are dying out...and the governments hope the truth will die with them...i hope it does not.

As I stated I do not believe we will ever know what or why this incident happened. I know what I want to believe, but that doesn't make it true.

My one brother who wants to believe that the government is and has always been evil, believes that it was supposed to set off a war between the USA and Egypt. One would think they would have repainted a few planes to look Egyptian for that. But, who knows?

BTW I am not denying that it was Israeli planes that were involved.

The chummy relationship with Israel has to do with promoting American interests. In that region that means oil. The Saudis hate us and our way of life. We trust them no farther than we could throw them, yet we put up with their crap because we need their oil. They of course need our dollars. Some people are expressing outrage that we were friends with an oppressive Mubarak for 30 years. The Egyptians lack of individual freedoms mattered not to us as long as the peace was maintained.

The use of the term "holocaust" is insulting and perhaps intentionally provocative. Left wingers might fuel their hatred for Israel by remembering an incident in 1967 and promoting the theory that it was an intentional attack on Americans. More likely it was a failure of intelligence and communications.

But it's not JUST leftwingers who sound the alarm regarding this tragedy.

Why do you imagine that it is, exactly?

Remember (or learn now) that the left and right are BOTH divided on the issue of Israel.

Forum List

Back